IMPORTANT: ecoTRX Pro is an enhanced version of our free ecoTRX App (see chart in screenshots for detailed comparison). ecoTRX Pro is now free for a limited time.
The ecoTRX™ Pro App is designed to help you achieve and report more personalized fuel economy levels. ecoTRX combines your engine data (available on 1996 and later OBD-II equipped vehicles) with GPS location data, NOAA weather data, and EPA vehicle data to provide personalized and context-aware MPG information during and after your trip. For example, ecoTRX Pro senses when you are driving in city conditions and can report both your MPG and average miles between stops. When ecoTRX Pro senses you are in highway conditions, it reports MPG and average highway speed,. ecoTRX Pro can also report total trip fuel price in both modes. ecoTRX Pro harnesses the Android Text To Speech (TTS) engine to deliver this personalized MPG information in an audio format to help keep your eyes on the road. ecoTRX Pro also lets you share and compare fuel economy information with other users of the EPA My MPG site. Reports delivered through the ecoTRX Pro app can provide more detailed fuel economy metrics that may be used in the future to help other consumers find MPG ratings which more closely match their conditions (i.e. similar A/C usage, mix, highway speeds, city miles per stop, and flat vs. hilly terrain).
A video with additional details and demo is available at www.ecoTRX.com.
COMPATIBILITY NOTES – ecoTRX Pro for Android is compatible with versions 2.1 through 4.3. ecoTRX Pro supports gasoline engines with Mass Air Flow sensors and OBD-II connectors. The data connection requires an OBD-to-Bluetooth adapter (such as the two most popular models found on Amazon.com). To take advantage of all ecoTRX Pro features, the host Android phone needs a mobile network data connection and GPS. If you are unsure whether your engine has a Mass Air Flow sensor, search on a comprehensive auto parts site like www.rockauto.com.
ecoTRX Pro KEY FEATURES:
• Real-time tracking of both trip city and trip highway MPG
• MPG meter ranges customized to EPA ratings for your selected vehicle
• Audio status updates at selectable intervals with context-specific information – i.e. city vs highway
• Tracks and displays/speaks MPG and key metrics that affect fuel economy – Miles Per Stop, Average Highway Speed, Cumulative Trip Elevation Change, and Trip Heat Index (indicator of Air Conditioning use).
• Easy swipe interface for audio control while moving with automatic switching to visual display when stopped.
• Tracks and displays/speaks cumulative trip fuel cost and cost at EPA rated MPG.
• Graded trip list highlights personal best MPG and trips which beat EPA ratings.
• Real-time tracking and warning of rapid acceleration and rapid braking to help you achieve a smoother, more fuel efficient driving style.
• Virtual award plaque photos that can be shared via social media sites or emailed for Personal Best MPG and Beat EPA MPG trips.
• Selectable thresholds for city vs. highway conditions, status report frequency, and MPG accuracy