CarMD makes owning a vehicle easier; simply plug your CarMD device into your car’s OBD2 port and instantly get a full diagnostic report, maintenance schedules, and predicted problems down the road.
Used car shopping? How do you know the vehicles you’re looking at are a good buy or a sour lemon? Take CarMD with you to the car dealership, and you’ll have access to CarMD’s vehicle history reports, find out if a previously owned car has been in a past accident, has flood damage, or has had its odometer rolled back. Plus, see its current health and likelihood of future problems.
Lots of apps offer to make maintenance easier, but CarMD truly does all the work for you, from automatically tracking and populating your maintenance schedule with both the factory recommended schedule and CarMD recommended services (which are not covered by the manufacturer).
CarMD takes the mystery, expense and worry out of used car shopping, car ownership, maintenance and repairs … now it’s available on the go!
CarMD® Mobile Customers
This CarMD app delivers all of the value-added information that hundreds of thousands of customers who use the award-winning CarMD® Vehicle Health System™ product have come to expect from CarMD.
With this app, CarMD Mobile customers gain access to reports with valuable information about their vehicle’s health anytime, from anywhere.
• Use the app to login to your CarMD account and see your dashboard via mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android).
• If your car’s check engine light is on, you will instantly know how severe the problem is, why it is on and see the total cost of repairs, including parts and labor. (CarMD handheld required)
• Then, email your CarMD report to a trusted mechanic, a friend or yourself to save time and get a jump on repairs.
In addition, the CarMD app (when used with a CarMD Mobile handheld device) can help you:
• See if your car is ready to pass an emissions “smog” test
• Learn about important safety recalls and see upcoming maintenance needs that often go beyond what’s in the “manual”
• Access CarMD’s proprietary Predictive Diagnostics to know about and budget for possible upcoming repairs via your Android smart phone or tablet
Used Car Shoppers
This app is also great for used car shopping. The tool/app combo can help you make sure that used car or truck isn’t a lemon before you leave the lot. It also provides data that can help you make an informed decision on the best pre-owned vehicle for you.
Included Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) scan feature means you don’t have to squint to try and read the VIN, or figure out if the 0 is a number or letter. Use the app to see market value, calculate cost of ownership and view a vehicle history report for the car or truck you’re thinking about buying.
Irvine, Calif.-based CarMD is a leading source of information when it comes to “check engine” light data for consumers, fleet managers and the automotive industry. The company is a leading provider of products and services that leverage the capabilities of the on-board diagnostics (OBD2) port to help minimize cost of vehicle ownership. CarMD has built a comprehensive database of OBD2-related expert repairs and related costs, which is used to support the company’s products, services and applications. This system is found on all cars, light trucks, minivans, SUVs and hybrids manufactured for use in the U.S. from 1996 to today.