The Runtastic Road Bike Tracker app has been developed with the needs of road bikers in mind & offers everything they could wish for. Runtastic Road Bike is ideal for all types of cycling activities, be it a casual ride across the park, an interval training on your road bike or race like Tour de France. Start GPS tracking your bike tours, races,training rides and benefit from comprehensive analyses. Experience biking on a new level!
ROAD BIKE APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in Lite version)
* Track bike rides via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
* LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
* Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
* Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
* Maps (Google Maps): Details on your current location
* Offline Maps: Download & save maps to your smartphone
* Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
* Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
* Show current grade in %
* Determine cadence & speed during your velo tours with the Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
* Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
* Configure your display: You choose which values are shown during your rides
* Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
* Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate Powersong to boost motivation!
* Wind & weather conditions
* Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat, as well as graphs & training progress
* Open Street Map/Open Cycle Map Integration: Plan bike tours & discover new routes
* Share your routes & success on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and via email
COMPATIBLE BIKING HARDWARE:
* Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor
* Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor (Bluetooth Low Energy)
* Runtastic Bike Case for Android Smartphones
* Runtastic Sports Armband
You can upload all your cycling workouts to Runtastic.com where they’re automatically added to your training log. Detailed information on your bike activities, comparisons with your friends, as well as further benefits help you stay motivated, improve your race times & reach your personal training goals. Hello, Tour de France!
Get the free Runtastic Road Bike app now!
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps! Check out more of our apps to help you reach your fitness goals at http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:Runtastic
The world's best app for tracking rowing workouts.
Simply log your time and distance and watch your stats improve!
Designed with Concept 2 rowers specifically in mind, but perfect any rower that reports time and distance in meters,
Cloud sync & other features coming soon. Feature requests and feedback are welcome - email email@example.com
Brand new test that determines gym users Aerobic Fitness Levels
Following the release of the most reliable and easy to use aerobic fitness test - The Multistage Fitness Test (also known as the 'bleep test') – sports coach UK now bring you a new fitness test using an indoor rowing machine.
Developed by sports coach UK, the lead agency for coaching in the UK, the Rowing Fitness Test app is designed to give gym users and personal trainers a quick and easy measure of aerobic fitness.
Rowing has become a very popular form of physical activity, as well as a competitive sport. Rowing ergometers can be seen in most gymnasia and provide a whole body workout requiring the ability to sustain a high aerobic capacity. An incremental maximal oxygen uptake test (VO2max test) provides the best indicator of an individual’s aerobic fitness. VO2max has also been found to be a very strong predictor of 2000-metre rowing performance.
This test works when a person incrementally increases their stroke rate until the desired stroke rate cannot be maintained. The stroke rate is controlled by a series of bleeps. These bleeps start slow, but get progressively faster. The rower stops when they cannot maintain the desired stroke rate, and the time at which they stop provides a good indicator of their maximal oxygen uptake (20-50ml/kg/min).
The Rowing Fitness Test app includes written instructions and a video demonstration of how to use the app, and a table explaining the results. All you need is to perform the test on a rowing ergometer (ideally Concept 2) and a set of headphones.
Full instructions of how to use the app
Health and Safety information
Multiple profiles for Male and Females
Supporting information about VO2 max
Graphical display of past results
Links to Facebook and Twitter
- Indoor Rower/Erg
- On-the-water rowing (with or without GPS)
- Concept2 Dynamic erg
- Concept2 Erg w/Slides
- Concept2 SkiErg
- Cross-country skiing. (with or without GPS)
You can also set targets to track your workout progress.
Also includes a great rowing and fitness calculator with the following functions:
- Average Split
- Watts <-> Pace
- Stroke Power Index (SPI)
- Distance Per Strike (DPS)
- Target Pace
- Rugby Test
- 2K Time <-> Watts
- VO2 Max
- Paul's Law Estimated Time and Pace
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
We've now added Nonathlon (www.nonathlon.com) integration into the app! You can update your scores directly from the workout view, or update multiple scores from the detail view on the Nonathlon tab!
Report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll respond as quickly as possible!
This crew & rowing specific strength and conditioning program focuses on the aspect of this sport that includes:
- Upper body development
- Lower body development
- Aerobic capacity
- Power, speed, and endurance
- Injury prevention
- Instructional coaching using video and voiceover
- Animated demonstrations with detailed descriptions
- Functionality to track workouts and exercises completed
- Multi-Level Beginner to Advanced Workouts
- Warm Ups, Cool Downs
- Tips, Secrets, Overview of the Workout
- Fitness, sports and recreational events in your city!
Fitivity’s trainers are some of the top athletic professionals in the world. Our staff includes sports and fitness trainers who work with professional athletes, fitness enthusiasts and people who have never exercised before. We understand training and are here to help you improve.
We receive emails everyday from our users who thank us for helping them successfully achieve their goals.
With this program you can accomplish your goals too!
Workout smart with Fitivity.
Fitivity introduces “Fitivity Events”
Find fitness, sports or recreational events in selected U.S cities. Discover local pick-up games, road races, open gyms, group workouts, fitness classes, clinics, camps, leagues and more in your area!
ErgData is a free application designed to run on newer Android devices. ErgData can connect to a PM5 monitor using Bluetooth Smart. When using a PM3 or PM4 monitor, it requires a USB cable and a USB OTG adapter to connect the Android device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower. Not all Android devices support USB connection to a PM3 or PM4, so please check the compatibility list below or test your device before purchasing cables or a cradle for your device. Once connected, it provides additional rowing statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
■ Displays your rowing data in real time.
■ Offers a choice of two screens:
1. Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, calories or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2. Screen showing:
■ Logs all your rowing workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information.
■ Uploads workouts directly to the Concept2 Online Logbook.
■ Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen, so you can see your rowing information in a darkened room.
■ Displays weight-adjusted scores.
■ Allows you to view different units on your monitor and device (for example, you can display watts on the device while viewing average pace on the monitor).
■ Indoor Rower and SkiErg Finder access for when traveling
■ Displays weight-adjusted scores.
■ Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model) with a PM5 monitor updated with beta firmware version 18 build 4 or SkiErg PM5 beta firmware 718 build 4 or later
■ Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth Smart
■ Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model) with a PM3 or PM4 monitor:
PM3—updated with firmware version 315 or 108 or later
PM4—updated with firmware version 318 or 29 or later
■ 1. Android Concept2 cable (available from Concept2), part number 2781 for $10.00 (includes an
interface cable as well as a cradle to hold your Android smartphone)
2. USB Cable and a USB OTG (On-The-Go) Adapter (available from Amazon, Monoprice and other
online vendors). For smartphones, Concept2 recommends part number 1093 Smartphone Cradle for
■ A compatible Android device with a firmware version that supports USB Host mode. To test compatibility, use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store. If the USB Host Diagnostics pass all tests, then ErgData for Android will work.
The following versions support USB Host mode:
Android 3.2 Honeycomb API Level 12 or higher should work but no testing has been done by Concept2. Use the USB Host diagnostics to check.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Please note that Concept2 cannot guarantee compatibility with any particular device. Manufacturers frequently make changes that may disable ErgData, or you may have an earlier version than we tested. Some devices may require additional steps or special hardware to make it work, and some will never work.
See http://www.concept2.com/service/software/ergdata/android-requirements for Device Compatibility table.
Note: ErgData will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor. Remove any LogCard before using ErgData.
Please visit www.concept2.com for ErgData FAQs and How to Use information.
Erg Tracker displays and graphs workout information from your Concept 2 Online Logbook.
The main screen shows an overview of your training to date. From there you can graph your meters rowed by week.
Other screens allow you to graphically see your improvement over time and to plan your next workout by reviewing your personal best and previous two results for a given time or distance.
You can visualize your progress by graphing your results for a given set-distance or fixed-timed workout over time.
- Display stroke rate, stroke count, distance, speed, time, elapsed time, calories, heart rate, etc.
- Built-in graphs and maps
- Logbook to store all your workouts
- Programmable workouts with simple graphical wizard
- “Erg with Friends” allows you to erg against friends anywhere in the world with live results
- Supports sweeps, sculls, kayaks, dragon boats, Concept2 ergometers (versions PM3, PM4 and PM5)
- All the features of ErgData and much more
- Bluetooth wireless or USB wired connection to Concept2 erg
- Erg calculator
BoatCoach saves you from spending hundreds of dollars on a dedicated stroke meter and provides features not found elsewhere. BoatCoach uses your phone’s built-in sensors so no wires required!
- Stroke rate / count
- Speed average
- Speed for the last 10 strokes
- Elapsed time
- Calories / Watts
- Heart rate
ADDITIONAL CONCEPT2 ERG MEASUREMENTS (similar to ErgData)
- Drive length / speed
- Drag factor
- Use 8 predefined programs including pyramids, tabata, 3 x 2000M, 10x500M, etc.
- Create unlimited programs using simple graphical wizard
- Program time, distance, effort, target stroke rate
- Use programs for both rowing and Concept2 erging
- Store all your rowing and Concept2 erg workouts in a single logbook
- Edit and email workout details
- View graphs of prior workouts
- Upload workouts to Concept2 website
- Plot speed, stroke rate, and heart rate vs. distance and time
- Adjust y-axis max/min to optimize display area
- Pinch & zoom to view in more detail
- Automatically store graphs in logbook for later viewing
- Plot rowing in motion using phone's sensors
ERG WITH FRIENDS
- Erg against friends whether they be in the same room or a different continent,
- Up to 8 people row with each other while sharing live workout data (stroke rate, speed, time, distance)
- Map multiple workouts simultaneously with satellite or street view
- Color route by speed, date, and piece
- Collect and email CSV data while rowing and erging. Speed, distance, heart rate, stroke rate, etc. Graph in spreadsheets like Excel.
- Collect and email GPX information while rowing. Map your workout in Endomondo, Garmin Connect, and other applications.
HEART RATE MONITOR (HRM)
- Check and record your heart rate
- Bluetooth Smart / Bluetooth Low Energy HRMs are supported
- Also support for legacy Zephyr HxM HRM
- Hands-free autostart pieces
- Manually start / stop / clear /pause / resume pieces
- App can speak start/stop/speed/time/distance/etc [useful for visually impaired rowers]
- View acceleration vs. time graph for your boat
- Email graphs to yourself
- Help optimize your stroke
- View Concept2 force plot, including quarterly average and distribution
- Calculate pace, time, distance for Concpet2 erg
- Calculate weight adjusted pace and projected pace
- Programs, graphs, Bluetooth smart HRM, maps, and data capture require paid upgrade for full functionality.
- 4 customizable screen layouts. Choose the data you want to see.
- View distance in meters, kilometers, feet, miles
- View speed in m/s, km/hr, ft/s, miles/hr, min/500m, min/1000m, min/mile
CONCEPT2 USERS – IMPORTANT
- Upgrade PM to the *latest* firmware
- For Bluetooth connection a PM5 and a phone with Android 4.3+ is required
- For USB connection, phone must pass USB Host Mode compatibility tests. Use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store.
- App will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor.
Please see www.boatcoachapp.com
[For Android OS version less than 4.1, see www.boatcoachapp.com/instructions.php.]
You can calculate your Distance, Time, Average Split, Weight Adjusted Scores, and Predictions using Paul’s Law. You can also view World Records and compare yourself against the best.
Weight adjustment uses the following formula from Concept 2:
Wf = [body weight in lbs / 270] raised to the power .222
Corrected time = Wf x actual time (seconds)
Corrected distance = actual distance / Wf
Paul's Law says that for a rowing athlete with balanced speed and endurance capabilities, for every doubling of distance the 500m split should increase by five seconds.
- small app size and memory usage
- accurate speed and distance measurement
- map view and statistics for current recording
- adjustable target pace (minutes/km interval)
- MET method calculated calories
- records can be saved
- overall statistics (contains also not saved tracks)
- clean and intuitive interface
- free with no ads
The outcome is based on the distance the test person ran, their age and their sex. The results can be correlated with VO2 Max. It is an easy test to perform on larger groups. The length of the run is considered to be that of a long distance run, since everything above 3 km is rated "long distance"—which means the runner will predominately use his "red", slow oxidative muscle cells.
• Multiple user profile supported
• Male voice through the levels.
• Share through Mail, Bluetooth, Facebook, SMS, Peep, Friend Stream
• Vo2Max calculated and rated.
• Runs in sleep mode.
• Simple user interface.
• Save or remove old results.
This app uses text to speech (TTS) and requires text to speech app (FREE)
More info here: https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Android+TextToSpeech
This app uses the well respected Rockport Fitness Walking Test (Kilne 1987) which provides an estimate of VO2 Max. It is a good test for anyone interested in tracking VO2 Max as it can easily be performed with no additional assistance.
The test is simple. Walk one mile as fast as possible and when finished, record your heart rate and time. Keep a steady stride during the test and do not run. You need a
treadmill, 400 m track, or pre-measured distance to do the walking, a stopwatch, heart rate monitor, and scale for your weight.
The VO2 Max Calculator App will compute a VO2 max value and indicator reference (Very Poor, Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent or Superior).
Attention: This App is not intended for use by individual users and coaches. If you're an individual rower, please check out our "Rowing in Motion - Solo" app. This App is intended for Clubs and professional rowing organisations and requires an Organisation account for the "Rowing in Motion Analytics" online service.
When linked to your organisation as a "Boat" device, the App measures and records boat acceleration, speed and stroke-rate using the device's GPS and Accelerometer. Live boat acceleration graphs and stroke metrics give you detailed feedback on how efficiently the crews moves the boat forward and where it can improve its rowing technique to row faster.
When linked to your organisation as a "Coach" device, the App allows coaches to view realtime data from another instance of the App running on a device in a rowing boat using a mobile WiFi (no internet connection required).
* Measures Strokerate, Speed, Distance and Boat Acceleration, giving you insight into all aspects of your stroke
* Full Screen Graphs: Showing your boat acceleration compared to an average of the previous strokes
* Customizable user interface: Display all the data you need to see to improve your rowing stroke
* Instantly upload and analyze your recorded rowing sessions with your Analytics account
* Stroke Analysis: Live average acceleration graphs, speed graph
* Sonification: Turn your boat acceleration into a sound for a better realtime feedback to help you improve the effectiveness of your stroke.
* Stroke Metrics: Stroke Metrics derived from boat acceleration allow you to easily focus on specific aspects of the stroke
* Dashboard for coaches that displays stroke-rate, speed and last typical stroke of boat devices in range. Connect to boats with a tap to view all realtime data.
* Supports Heartrate measurements using any Bluetooth Smart compatible Heartrate strap (requires Bluetooth 4.0)
* Supports Canoe, Dragon Boat and Fixed Seat rowing (e.g. Surfboats, Para-rowing, Gigs...)
The purpose of Ghost Race is to help you reach your goals by making your workouts more fun. You can't always have a friend to help encourage you through a workout, now you can, virtually and in real time. Working out with a ghost allows you to pace yourself because you can see your progress on a course along with the ghost. People are constantly changing speed throughout a workout. A ghost in Ghost Race does the same thing because Ghost Race records every step along the way and plays it back while you race a ghost.
* Road Biking
* Mountain Biking
* Race against a ghost PRs in real time
* Find new places to workout
* Create new courses in your area
* Voice updates during race
* Filter courses by sport
* Filter courses to find friends ghosts
* Casual race mode for learning a course or for the non-competitive types
* Offline racing for remote locations (some devices will not support this feature)
* Auto map tile caching for offline racing and to save on your data plan
* Rate courses by terrain and landscape
* Mapping by Open Street Maps (OSM)
* Stays on top of screen lock, so you can turn off the display to save some juice
* Switch apps while racing and Ghost Race will continue timing & tracking in the background
* Voice updates stop music player when using a Bluetooth headset.