This donate version of the app adds sleep scheduling, on/off widget, monitor any app, locale plugin, etc.
How To Use:
• Lock the phone (turn off the screen) to activate the app.
• When an SMS, Gmail, missed call, etc. is received, the app will repeatedly flash the screen, vibrate or play a sound depending on your settings.
• To stop the notification, simply unlock the phone (use the phone/turn on the screen).
• Some Samsung devices have an accessibility bug where they may talk (ex: "folder is open") if any accessibility service is enabled. Please use the Notification service if available.
• If you're using a 3rd party lockscreen or have disabled it, try unchecking "Normal Lock Checking." Please see http://tomatox.com/mmf#smi for more information.
• If you can't upgrade or uninstall, make sure "Advanced/Force Screen Lock" and "Advanced/Lock After Missed Call" are disabled.
• Please send me an email if you have any other problem -- I may not be able to reply in comments. Thanks!
So, if you're in the middle of a phonecall in badly covered cellphone area, and your phone vibrator shakes - you'll know you dropped out... and not like me, talking for ages, before finding out my call was dropped long ago.
It would also vibrate once for any incoming SMS, during your phone call.
Just for my workaround.
-Vibrate Pattern is according to the Android Vibrate API. You can find more info from Google Android.
-Vibrate Repeat is about the PATTERN INDEX that the vibrate should repeat. Just leave it as default "0" is okay.
* This is a TRIAL version. You have three days to make your decision about usability of this application.
* The solid cover will close the proximity sensor, therefore using this application with such covers will be meaningless.
* "Lock screen" checkbox should be cleared BEFORE removing the app!
* Ignore the proximity event during phone call
* Determines when you put your phone face down and do not turn on vibrate mode
* Can detect accidental closing of the proximity sensor when lying face up
Vibrations visualizes current accelerometer sensor data, performs a Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) and displays the results in an histogram. The dominant frequency (peak of the histogram) is highlighted. In the settings the accuracy of the fft can be adjusted in a range from 0.0625 Hz - 1.0 Hz. Results are shown in a separate tab for each axis.
Warning: High accuracy of the fft causes heavy load on the cpu. It may disturb the results!
VibraFix forces the haptic feedback to stop.
WARNING : ROOT RIGHTS REQUIRED.
On some devices, when you uncheck the haptic feedback option in settings, vibrate stills enabled for some keys.
This app is useful for people who are annoyed with this, in my point of view, bug.
It's also allways a good idea to deactivate haptic feedback in order to save some power juice.
How does it work ?
VibraFix stops totaly the vibrate with a rude and simple method : changing the permission (777 to 444) for the vibrate ressource.
Vibrafix forces vibrate to stop.
VibraFix can be started automaticaly at boot.
VibraFix is a quiet application running in the background and uses very little resources.
VibraFix can enable again the vibrate when a phone call or/and a SMS is received.
There is also an attempt to deal with the vibrate when an AlarmClock is trigged.
Optional notification in order to enable vibrate in one click.
Optional shortcuts to enable or not Vibrafix (Switch ON, Switch OFF and Switcher)
Optional options to enable only in 'Pocket Mode" or when in charge
Devices concerned :
This fix has been tested only on Motorola Defy (stock ROMs android 2.1 and android 2.2.1)
but should certainly works also on other phone devices/ROMs with the same bug.
According to stats, VibraFix is installed and used on :
Motorola devices ~85% : Motorola Defy, Motorola Milestone2, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Droid I & II
but also : Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Mini, LG Swift, LG Optimus One, tcc8900, IVIO_DE38, HTC Nexus One
VibraFix is FREE to use - and without ads.
However if you want to support this app, donations are welcome. Thanks.
contact/support/donation : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103628
If you vote negative without information about your problem or without contact me with support page... I will not be able to try to help you !
External links, reviews and informations about VibraFix