Your empty seats now easily shared!
Carzac is a ridesharing tool to let you easily share the seats in your car while sticking to the route you typically drive and keeping a flexible schedule.
Drivers tell us your home, work location, and typical schedule. We'll check with you each day to get your departure time and how many open seats you have.
We then design a micro-transit style route for you, picking quick stops that are right along your way. Our goal is to help you share your seats without adding time to your commute. Next we connect you to a real-time messaging platform that let's matching riders know your plans and book a seat.
Riders, gain a new neighborhood-to-neighborhood or city-to-city mobility option that is fast, affordable, and comfortable. One tap and you can book a seat in a private car for the price of the bus. These rides are green and affordable because the driver is already making this trip. Riders will typically walk, scoot, bike, take transit, or go by car to a public place to meet the driver along his or her way.
Cashless Sharing of Expenses:
Carzac helps split the expense of driving all handled seamlessly within the app. Rides cost roughly 25¢ per mile - just to share expenses.* Drivers receive 90%. Funds credited to driver balance on completing the ride.
Free Employer Networks:
Verify your employer email with your profile and see other users from your employer or university. Optionally share rides just with others from your network.
Real-time Ride Management and Communication:
Carzac includes a powerful real-time ride management system:
• Reminds driver and passengers 15 minutes before ride.
• Sends a notification to passengers when driver is on her way with a real-time, continually updated estimated time of arrival.
• Upon arrival, driver’s phone automatically sends a notification to passengers.
• Built-in messaging system helps drivers and passengers communicate prior to meeting with one tap.
• Support for anonymized calling so that riders and drivers call to each other without revealing personal phone numbers.
• Both driver and riders can rate each other or flag the ride.
Finally carpoolers have a powerful tool to make carpooling convenient, flexible and fun.
* Riders pay 25¢ per mile between meeting points. Drivers collect 90% per rider per mile. 3 rider maximum. Carzac's fee is 10%. Offering rides at this rate is not considered a commercial activity.
This is not a "for-hire" use of your vehicle. Check with your insurance carrier for their coverage policies for passengers in a carpool. Reimbursement for driving is not considered income and is not taxed. You are simply sharing the expense of a trip you are taking anyway. See Carzac Terms of Service for more information.