Here's what you can do with this app:
- Remind yourself to wake up when you get near your destination while taking public transportation
- Call a phone-based remote garage opener as you drive up to your house.
- Warn yourself about known traffic cameras and likely speed traps.
- Download today's agenda as you approach work.
- Warn yourself when you have wandered within a kilometer of your crazy ex-spouse's house.
- Send text messages to your friends when you arrive.
- GPS location reduces your battery life. When the phone is asleep, it will check for location every 4 minutes to conserve battery.
- Long press on the map to place or move an alarm.
- Use the Geocode Address button to try to find GPS coordinates for your alarm.
What each permission is for:
Internet - Map data
Fine Location - Triggering alarms.
Vibrate - Vibrates the phone.
Boot - Loads alerts on boot.
Phone State - Lowers the alarm volume if you are in the middle of a phone call.
Disable Keyguard & Wake Lock - For making the alarm show up when triggered but the phone is asleep/locked.
Call Phone - Call a phone number.
Write External Storage - Downloaded files will be written to your download directory on your external storage.
Send/Read/Write SMS - Send text messages when an alarm is triggered and record sent messages in your inbox
If you have a feature you want to see in this app, send me an email. Feature requests I've added so far:
- Call a phone number
- Hide alarm and loop sound options
- Download files
- Send text messages
Keywords: location alarm, location alert, location reminder, geographic alarm, geographic alert, geographic reminder, geo-alarm, geo-alert, geo-reminder, gps alert, gps alarm, gps reminder, area alert, area alarm, area reminder.
Employees can quickly initiate a Lockdown. Other users of the ELERTS EVENT ALERT app, in your organization, will be notified of the Lockdown and the reason for the Lockdown.
Users are able to chat with each other about security concerns. Chat supports both text and photos.
Users can share their location on a map and indicate if they are “OK” or “Need Help”. This information can be shared with friends and family by Email, SMS, Facebook or Twitter.
For quickly contacting police, there is a Call Police button on the main screen.
Administrators or other security staff can authorize which people should have access to the ELERTS EVENT ALERT app for their organization, using the ELERTS EPICenter web based management console.