For live radar, aquifer levels, current temperatures and tomorrow’s forecast, depend on Your Weather Authority: Adam Caskey, Steve Browne, Katie Vossler, Mike Osterhage and Justin Horne.
- Live Radar
- Current Temperature
- Daypart Forecast
- 7 Day Forecast
- Aquifer Levels
- Alerts and Warnings
KSAT12, Your Weather Authority: Keeping you and your family safe from the storm.
- Quickly find and add your favorite stations to your list by typing in the station or nearby city name
- View current meteorological conditions of your saved stations in list view
- Tapping on a station displays detailed meteorological data and also gives access to the Mesonet plots and the NWS forecast page for that location (swipe left/right to change these pages)
- Dual pane view for Nexus 7 and larger tablets when the device is in landscape orientation
Note that this app does not include a background timer to check periodically for new data. Station source data is updated and made available every 5-8 minutes. When the user navigates from a detail data view back to the list view, or changes the device orientation, the app will only download the latest set of data if 8 minutes or more has passed since the last data download. The user can always force a data download by pressing the refresh button.
The TTU West Texas Mesonet team graciously makes the meteorological data available, but IS NOT responsible for this app. Any feedback, problems, bug, or feature request must be made via the Feedback button in the app menu or using the contact email on this page. Thank you.
Special thanks to the Mesonet team at Texas Tech University and NWS Lubbock for making this project happen.
The local forecast, radar, and current weather conditions for east Texas are all within this app, including Tyler, Longview, Henderson, Athens, Marshall, Carthage, Mineola, and the rest of the KLTV 7 viewing area.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
- Provides weather forecasts for the time you are predicted to reach locations along a route
- Compare forecasted weather for several routes
- An app solely focused on the forecasted weather along potential routes
- Weather forecasts from the National Weather Service National Digital Forecast Database
- Route information from Google Maps
Copyright (c) 2014 The Conrad Blucher Institute for Surveying and Science. All Rights Reserved.
This product is protected by copyright and distributed under licenses restricting copying, distribution and decompilation.
◦ Bugs / Crash? Feedback? ◦