With VILAS AMURALLADAS you will access valuable historic-cultural and touristic information while visiting five important municipalities in Galicia and north of Portugal. The selected locations are the cities of Lugo and Santiago de Compostela, in Spain, and Valença do Minho, Monção e Melgaço in Portugal.
One of the common cultural heritage links among the five is their fortresses(Muralla), important ancient architectonic constructions which played important roles through the centuries, most of them for military defense. So, it is possible to refer to the five as establishing a route of fortified cities.
This application will help the user while visiting, by providing contextualized georeferenced information all along their visit paths. The information is organized by thematic routes containing a set of points of interest (POIs).
VILAS AMURALLADAS offers:
• Information categorized by theme
• User position detection by GPS for automatic information presentation in context.
• Multimedia content for each POI.
• Support for multi-idiom.
• Geographical position presentation of POI’s based on background map.
• Information about scheduled Cultural events for each location
• Useful tourist information about restaurants, hotel services, municipal services, etc.
The application is free to download and use but your internet provider may apply charges for downloading and accessing information.