Check out ROM Toolbox which has included this app and added many more features.
For fast and friendly support please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to help answer your questions and troubleshoot with you.
☆Two file manager panels
☆ Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
☆ Explore apk, rar, zip & jar files
☆ Change file permissions and ownership
☆ View and edit any file
☆ sqlite explorer
☆ Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
☆ Create and delete directories (folders).
☆ Send files by email.
☆ Add new files & folders in any directory
☆ Install zips using clockwork recovery
☆ Execute script files
☆ Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
☆ Bookmark any folder
☆ Open files and folders with other apps
☆ Change the theme (double tap home button)
☆ Sort by name, size & date
☆ Extract single files from zip/apks/jars
☆ Search for files or folders
Imagine if you could watch videos and write emails at the same time using your tablet! Or compare two web pages side by side, or take notes alongside a web page. Well, you can do all of that and more!
Split Browser is two browsers in one, working side by side. It lets you browse two web pages independent of each other. You can open links from one half into the other half. It also includes a notepad that allows you to take notes from a web page. You can open multiple tabs and swap them between two halves. You can also resize the two halves to suit your needs. Simply put, it is a powerful tool for multitasking.
Best suited for tablets and "phablets".
- - - - -
CHROMECAST & NEXUS PLAYER:
Requires Google Play services (4.2 or above) to be enabled. Look under Android Settings > Applications. Not all videos can be cast (Flash videos, YouTube, live streams, etc). Low resolution videos might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen. Play videos in full view to cast.
UPDATE 7/30/14: YouTube videos will not cast in Android 4.4 devices, please use the YouTube app.
Steps to cast videos: https://sites.google.com/site/appestry/sb#cast
See the main demo video for detailed casting instructions: http://youtu.be/fnKnVt6oY4A
- - - - -
Here's a quick rundown of its important features:
• Resize the two browser halves by dragging the yellow divider line.
• Rotate yellow divider (vertical/horizontal) independent of the screen orientation.
• Watch videos in full view within each half.
• Cast videos to Chromecast using the remote.
• Start new tabs and switch them between the two halves.
• Copy the current page over to the other half.
• Open links and bookmarks in the other half and/or in a new tab.
• Autocomplete address input from bookmarks and history.
• Press and hold back/forward arrows to view history and jump to a page in the list.
• Manage history across all tabs in one place, sorted reverse chronologically showing the time of last visit.
• Search for text in the web page in either halves separately.
• Separate clipboard option to paste the last 10 items copied.
• Open notepads in either halves to take notes and save/share them.
• Select text to copy and paste between two halves and notepads.
• Links to useful tools like calculator, translator, converters... etc.
• Remember form data and passwords.
• Clear cache, history, cookies, form data and passwords.
• View pages in desktop mode.
• Works in dual view in Samsung devices that support multi-window mode.
• Works in both cascade and dual views in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets.
Additional features only in full version:
• Option to restore previously open web pages and tabs upon restart.
• Import bookmarks from HTML files generated by Split Browser, Chrome or Firefox.
• Export bookmarks to HTML file for backup and sync with other devices.
• Option to view bookmarks from the device - if shared by the default browser or Chrome.
• When using Chromecast it displays the video playback status on TV screens.
Be sure to check out the trial version to make sure it works in your device before buying this full version.
Video review by @howtomen: http://youtu.be/bm5uoVhghh0
A quick look at multi-window support: http://youtu.be/1Czhk8OXAnM
You might experience text input issues with SwiftKey keyboard in some websites. We are currently working to resolve this issue. More details in this SwiftKey forum thread: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3749006-nothing-is-written
FREE!! We're available over live video on Google Helpouts: https://helpouts.google.com/113837088030303653022/ls/b2ff6c2914cf8528
users: If you have problems updating, please read the section "NOTICE" below!
File Manager allows you to browse your SD card, create directories, rename, copy, move, and delete files. It also acts as an extension to other applications to display "Open" and "Save" dialogs.
NOTICE TO CYANOGENMOD USERS or derived ROMs: If you see this error "package file was not signed correctly", then you are using a custom build of CyanogenMod or similar that ships a version of OI File Manager with wrong signature. Please write to CyanogenMod to fix this issue. To delete the wrong version do the following:
Alternatively, you can also uninstall with Titanium Backup, reboot, then install the update.
- add tool box:"task manager" "app uninstaller" "wallpaper slideshow"
- bug fixes
- fix bug that prevented sending attachments through menu "Send"
- new menu item for multiselect: copy, move or delete multiple files at once.
- case insensitive sort order (issue 334).
- handle projections in the provider (issue 324).
- drop "mimetype" from provider path.
- delete files and folders in background (issue 294).
- new application icon for Android 2.0 or higher.
- exclude/include directories from media scan (activate this feature in advanced settings).
- allow app installation on external storage (requires Android 2.2 or higher)
- fix browser file upload (issue 288)
- support Android 2.3.
- translations into various languages.
- bug fixes (issue 308, 318).
No more USB cables!
WiFi File Browser allows you to download and upload files to your mobile device by using your favourite web browser without the need of a USB cable.
The application main focus is to deliver high speed file transfer to users.
☆Many user reviews state that this is the fastest WiFi file transfer application☆
Free version included features:
✔ Download and upload multiple files at the same time without any size limits (bulk download and upload)
✔ Upload compressed ZIP files that are decompressed on the device maintaining the original folder structure
✔ Data transfer statistics (Current session only in Free version)
✔ Browse your mobile device in both Details and Thumbnails view (similar to Windows)
✔ Open known file types directly in web browser (images, PDF, documents, spreadsheets, etc.)
✔ Manage your SD Card, Battery Level and WiFi signal strength
✔ Runs as a Background Service
✔ Non-english characters full support
✔ Supports all major ZIP applications (7-Zip included)
Pro version included features:
✔ Hide files and folders from computer WiFi browser access
✔ Search files and folders from computer WiFi browser access
✔ Set a password to protect unauthorized access when your device is in a public WiFi network
✔ Home screen widget to start/stop the service
✔ Overall data transfer statistics
✔ No ads
☆Purchasing the Pro version is also a way to donate and support continuous application development and improvement☆
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
* Cut, copy and paste progress dialog.
* Compress and decompress (extract) support (ZIP)
* Thumbnail for photo and pictures files
* Root Explorer for rooted devices
* Support file shortcut on Favorites for easily access
* Sort by name, size or last modified
* Send and share files
* Open any file
* Play media files with your favorite apps
* Support many languages: English, French, Spanish, etc.
* The best (optimized) resolution and theme for each system version: Kitkat, Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Froyo, Eclair
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
- Properties dialog, change permissions
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select by tapping on file icons
- Select range: Long tap+release on icon
- List of installed Apps (built-in plugin)
- FTP and SFTP client (plugin)
- WebDAV (Web folders) (plugin)
- LAN access (plugin)
- Plugins for cloud services: Google Drive, Microsoft Live, Dropbox
- Root support for the main functions (optional)
- Send files via Bluetooth (OBEX)
- Thumbnails for pictures
- Two panels side by side, or virtual two panel mode
- Directory history
- Media player which can stream directly from LAN, WebDAV and cloud plugins
- Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands
- Simple help function in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Czech
- Optimizations for visually impaired, like text for icons
- Supported languages of the main program: English, German, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Public translation via http://crowdin.net/project/total-commander
About the new permission "SuperUser":
This permission is now requested to make Total Commander work better on rooted devices. It tells the SuperUser app that Total Commander suports root functions. It has no effect if your device is not rooted. Root functions allow Total Commander to write to system folders like /system or /data. You will be warned before anything is written if the partition is write protected.
You can find some more information here:
1. Browse files by categories for those popular type(picture, music, video, document, installed applications and so on)
2. browse files by directory
3. Support all basic operations for file/folder
4. Support to mark a file/folder as favorite
5. Smart search based on current category or current path
6. Support multiple storage cards
It provides access to pictures, music, video, documents, and other files on both your Android devices and your computers.
* File explorer: manage your documents like you do on your desktop or laptop;
* Access your home PC shared documents on network;
* Functions as your FTP or SFTP client for internet connections;
* Application manager: switching to other programs, uninstall or view any app's system management page. Launched applications are also in the taskbar;
* Built-in media viewer and player for various media formats, including photos, music, and videos;
* Thumbnails for APKs and images;
* Built-in ZIP support allows you to decompress or extract ZIP files;
* Kill running tasks, increase memory and speed up your device;
* Supports tabs and side-by-side windows, so you can open multiple folders at the same time;
1. Browse files on SD card (support hidden files display).
2. Cut, copy, paste or create new folders to organize your files.
3. Sort files by name, size, date and type.
4. Fast files sharing via Bluetooth.
5. Cool apps recommendation to help you meet with more amazing apps.
Other amazing apps developed by SandStudio: AirDroid, App Manager, Task Manager, Device Info.
You can also browse the folders SD card directory , use remote access to files on your phone with a computer via Wi-Fi connection. All these features are available in one application.
* Access by category of music, videos, photos , documents, mail files, applications. Now you can easily find the same documents in the same list of files;
* Easy to delete, move , copy, paste and file sharing ;
* Browse the directory SD- card ;
* After creating a Wi-Fi connection , you can use wireless access to the files on your phone via PC . Through the computer , you can delete, copy , move, or upload new files ;
* Add files to your bookmarks for quick access when needed;
* Easily share files.
This app is based on FileExplorer code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
FileExplorer code: https://github.com/MiCode/FileExplorer
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
● Dual-pane tree view
● Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Picasa, Zip, Rar, 7zip explorer
● Disk Map - see which files consume most space on your disk - http://bit.ly/xp-dmap
● Cloud storage access: Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box.net, Mega.co.nz ***, OneDrive, Webdav, Yandex.disk, MediaFire, SugarSync, Dump Truck, Copy.com
● SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and SSH Shell - http://bit.ly/xp-ssh ***
● Application manager
● WiFi file sharing *** - http://bit.ly/xp-wifi
● Manage files from a PC web browser *** - http://bit.ly/xp-web
● Favorite folders
● Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
● Hex viewer
● Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images
● Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
● Multi-selection - always available, yet not disturbing
● View APK files as ZIP
● Share - send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
● Configurable buttons and key shortcuts
● Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
*** marked features are paid - they require donation
X-plore allows you to see inside of your Android device. And also outside.
This is a dual-pane explorer, there are two folders shown at same time, and common operation such as copying files are done from one pane to another.
And X-plore shows folder hierarchy in a tree view for clear orientation and fast switching to other location.
You may explore internals of the device, and if you're power user and have your device rooted, you can make changes to system data - backup files, remove unwanted applications, etc.
If you're standard user, you may choose to hide internal memory from view and be sure not to mess with system.
You can comfortably see contents of mass memories on your device, or possibly attached USB memory stick.
Simple app manager allows to see, run, copy, share, uninstall and further explore installed applications.
WiFi file sharing
Access files on your Android device from other Android devices over WiFi.
Access from a PC web browser
Manage files on your Android device from your PC.
Access to FTP and FTPS (secure FTP) servers is supported.
Multiple servers may be configured.
X-plore can display shared folders on other computers in LAN.
X-plore can access various web storage "Cloud" servers, and access their files.
You need to have account in supported web service, then you can access your files stored online through X-plore.
Supported is also SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and Terminal shell emulator.
Main operations are related to managing files and folders - viewing, copying, moving, deleting, compressing to Zip, extracting, renaming, sharing, and more.
X-plore can list images in Picasa albums, download them, create albums, upload and delete photos, edit captions.
SQLite database viewer
X-plore can show SQLite database files (those with .db extension) as expandable list of tables, each table containing list of rows and columns with database entries.
Main interaction is done by touch screen, clicking on folders or files to open files, or long-click to open context menu which contains options which can be done on particular clicked item, or multiple selected items.
Multi-selection allows to do operation on more files at once. Files can be selected by clicking check box. It is also possible to select all files in a folder, or clear selection, by clicking parent folder's check box.
Opening file may mean to use one of built-in viewer for most popular file types: images, audio, video and text.
Or you may configure X-plore to use system application for opening files, in which case system-predefined application that can open particular file is launched.
Archives (currently supported are Zip, Rar and 7zip) are displayed as other folders.
Additional interaction is possible by button bar, which is between two panes, and is fully configurable.
It's respect Material Design specification to offert a great user experience.
The application is ready for smartphones, 7" to 10" tablets
Try it, you will love it!
Lollipop File Manager is really young and maybe some bugs are not yet detected and solved.
Please, be clement and send me emails if you have questions, remarks or want to request features!
The superuser permission is asked because Lollipop File Manager deal also with rooted devices (beta)!
To help to traduce:
You can also browse the SD card folder directory, manage your android files through your computer after using wifi connection. you can find all these magic function in this app.
* Classify to display Music, video, pictures, documents, zip files, android app install files. Now you can easily find all the same type documents in one file list;
* Easy to delete, move, copy, paste and share files;
* Browse your phone SD card folder directory;
* After create Wifi connection, you can use the wireless management. Through your computer to complete file operations, such as delete, copy, move, upload and so on;
* Add current file folder to the favorite list
* Easy to share your files through the third part app. File Manager has Integrated all types of cloud storage service, send and share your files is no longer difficulty now.
This app is based on FileExplorer code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
FileExplorer code: https://github.com/MiCode/FileExplorer
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
Arsen is smart and free file manager for Android with perfect set of features.
It provides quick and convenient access to your pictures, music, videos, documents and other files.
When working with Arsen you'll find that all operations on files become easy and more intuitive.
Arsen is powerful in its simplicity and convenience of use.
• User friendly file management. Manage your files and folders in a very simple and natural way, like you do on your desktop or laptop!
• Browsing file system on Grid View or List View
• Keep important things close - add them to Favorites! Bookmarks are available in app drawer.
• Shortcuts to most important directories: Camera, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music and Pictures
• Interactive navigation path (breadcrumbs)
• Built-in text viewer and editor
• Properties view with additional information: permissions, size and last modified date
• Actions on group of files and folders (multiple select, long-click selection support)
• Copy and Move (equivalent to Cut, Copy and Paste)
• Delete and Rename files, directories and favorites
• Creating new folders
• Creating and editing text files
• Searching files and directories
• Zipping and Unzipping files. Built-in zip support allows you to compress and decompress files and archives.
• Sorting by name, date and size - ascending and descending with folders first or not.
• Share and Send - integration with sharing on Android. You can share files with other apps: adding attachments to e-mails, uploading images to social networks, etc.
• Adding shortcuts to home screen for quick access
• Setting picture as system wallpaper (home screen wallpaper)
• Can show thumbnails for images and videos
• Can show hidden files and directories
• Cancellable progress dialogs for long lasting operations
• Root explorer - provides access to the entire file system and all directories on rooted devices
• Useful configuration options
• Support for tablets and different screen sizes
• Arsen is free to download and use
• Splend Apps support and more!
• Visit SplendApps.com: http://splendapps.com/
• Contact Us: http://splendapps.com/contact-us
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/SplendApps
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SplendApps
• Google+: https://google.com/+Splendapps
* File Manager – Manage your files like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark; operations can be performed on local files (on Android device) or remotely (on your computer)
* Application Manager – categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
* Remote File Manager – when enabled, manage files on your phone from your computer
* 3 sets of commercial icons for 80+ different file types, toolbar and menu items
* Multiple resolutions support
* Support 28 languages
* Cut, copy, paste and cancellable progress dialog
* List and grid view for file explorer
* Compress and decompress support
* Search and share files
* Multiple selection and various sorting support
* Support both local and remote(LAN/SMB) file systems
* Support FTP, FTPS, SFTP and WebDAV
* Support cloud storage including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive, SugarSync, Yandex Disk and Ubuntu One
* Play streaming media from LAN/FTP/WebDAV/Cloud without download
* Support FTP file sharing, access device files freely without data cable
* Thumbnail for photo, video and apk files
* Support file shortcut on Home screen for easily access
Our design ideas on how to develop best file manager for Android:
★ Help users to locate their target files quickly & easily
√ File Expert organize files into different pre-defined categories. Those categories are put in the first tab of the app. Users even could create their own tags to mark files for quick access. We also have a powerful file search engine built into the app. We believe that in most cases users should find their targets less than a minute!
★ Transfer files to others devices via all kinds of connections
√ You can send files using Bluetooth, WiFi (include WiFi-Direct), NFC; You can use File Expert to access FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers; You can also turn your device into Web or FTP servers to accept files; You can send files to your favorite clouds; You can send files by using our own service GCloud
★ A clean, easy-to-learn UI interface, even a newbie user could start to use it in just one minute without having read any docs
√ File Expert has a creative tab based interface. A Tab based interface will allow users to switch work folders quickly and extremely easy to learn - just imagine how a web browser works and you will know the benefits in using tabs
● Access to your Gallery, Video, Music, E-Books, Documents, Apps, Plug-in, APK files, Zip Files, Favorites
● Access to your Phone SD card, External SD card( for SOME devices running on Android 4.4 Kitkat) and Phone Internal Storage on your start page. Access to USB Drive via OTG (only some device available)
● Powerful File Manager- supports all basic file operations like Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Create, Sort, Rename, Send, Details, Favorites, Hide, Create Shortcut. Batch operation and more
● Multi-Tab File Manager, the one and the only one support tabs
● GCloud - Free cloud service with powerful features
● Tagging- Mark your files with user-defined tags
● Recycle Bin
● Ultra fast & resumable file downloader
● Share My Contents, Network Clients, One Touch Clean
● Search SD card, perform operations on search results
● Web PC Suite- Featured HTTP Sharing in old versions. Turn your mobile phone into a HTTP Server and visit it wirelessly on PC or tablet in a Windows style interface. Double click on APK file to install it to your phone
● FTP Sharing - Turn your mobile phone into a FTP Server. Share & manage your files on other FTP Clients
● Wi-Fi Send- Directly send files via Wi-Fi between File Expert powered phones.
● Access your host computer from phone-Samba Client, FTP Client, SFTP Client, FTP Client, Bluetooth Client,
● Root access to system folders and files like Root Explorer. Remount /system to read write. Requires rooted phone.
● Cloud Storage - Access various cloud services! Support Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.net, Yandex, SkyDrive, SugarSync, Ubuntu One and more
● Bluetooth - Full-featured Bluetooth capabilities
● App Manager - Uninstall/Backup apps. Backup your app
● Archive manager - Create and decompress ZIP archive, Decompress RAR even encrypted RAR files
● Thumbnails - view thumbnails
● Image Viewer - supports both local and remote folder
● Powerful Text Editor
● Help your player to play media that store on SMB share
● Quick Connect allows you to browse and download content from your friend's phone.