You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Aimed at people who want to live in, work in or visit the North Cork area (which stretches from the Cork border with Waterford in the east to Mallow and Blarney in the west), Horizons Cork catalogues amenities, attractions, heritage sites, clubs, entertainment suppliers, and more.
Looking for a hotel in Blarney? A band in Fermoy? A castle in Mallow? A walking trail in Lismore? Look no further. Horizons Cork aims to be the go-to app for anyone interested in finding absolutely anything in the North Cork area.
This Google-map driven app will not only help you to find what you’re looking for, it will deliver you right to the door.
Listing phone numbers, website URLs, social media information and opening hours (where applicable), Horizons Cork provides you with all of the information you need on anything you need.
With high-quality images and well-researched descriptions, Horizons Cork is a must-have for visitors to, and locals in, this North Cork area.
Horizons Cork was funded by Avondhu Blackwater Partnership under the Rural Development Program 2007-2013 and developed by Moonflick Limited.
- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
Get the latest status of a flight and search by origin/destination, airline and flight number. Get further information including departure/arrival at foreign location and duration and distance of the flight.
Check on the latest weather with a 7 day weather forecast for each airport.
Check the latest news from each Airport via Twitter feeds.
View the airports location on Google maps and get navigation directions from your current position using the native navigation app.
Easily contact the airport via phone and email and access their website from with the application. And share flight details from the phone.
Contains Arrival/Departure and weather information for:
Belfast International airport
Belfast City airport
Derry City airport
*Please note data is taken from airport websites so is only as up to date as the information supplied, please contact the airline if you are unsure of a particular flights status.
*In app purchases are only used in you would like to make a donation to say thanks and help fund future development
It contains an OFFLINE database of points of interest including, bars, museums as well as popular tourist attractions.
With help from your GPS and location service, it will indicate the disance and direction to the nearest point of interest.
This application operates completely offline meaning you don't have to connect to the internet to locate the destination.
Optional links will locate the spot precisely in Google Maps and open a web page describing the location. This functionality will require an internet connection.
We hope you like it and hope you have a great visit in the emerald isle! With this application you will always know how far you are from Tipperary!
If you like it, send me a postcard!
- Includes Intercity, DART and Commuter services
- Realtime journey details
- Full timetable search
- Find your nearest station
- Check all the stations a train will call to
- Share when a train is due with a friend
- Create home screen shortcuts for your favourite stations
- Save your favourite train stations
- Latest Irish Rail Twitter feeds
Train Times Ireland Pro is also available and removes ads from the app
If there is a problem with this app please contact me so I can fix it or provide you with more information on what is happening.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council.
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
• See up to date information of when your bus / Luas / train will be at a stop or station
• View stops and routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup favourites so that you can quickly access Real Time passenger information for your regular stops.
• Create Reminders to notify you when a bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access travel updates for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and Iarnród Éireann services, so you can stay up to date.
Please note: The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
The Discover Ireland Festival & Events App allows you to search by month to see the exciting events taking place. You can add an event to your calendar so you don’t miss out and you can share a festival on face-book or twitter so you can keep your friends posted about the events you’re planning to take in. The calendar is packed full of arts and culture, music, comedy, family, food and sporting festival and event ideas to whet your appetite.
The Discover Ireland Festivals app was developed by Maithu IT Solutions for Failte Ireland and the Irish Times.
Get a good idea of the attractions you should visit, foods to eat and bars to drink!
Dozens of spots in :
+ Day tours and attractions
+ Restaurants and dinners
+ Bars and Clubs
Very visual, large photos too!
Have a blast while visiting this area of Ireland
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Christian Sights (7 sights)
* Antique Shops (5 sights)
* Grand Parade Street (8 sights)
* The Green West (7 sights)
* Where the Old Meets the New (9 sights)
* Cork's Eastern Areas (7 sights)
* Cork Galleries and Museums (6 sights)
* Cork Pubs Tour (7 sights)
* Shopping in Cork (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction (this feature is not supported by iPhone 3G or earlier models, iPod Touch, and iPad wifi-only models).
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.