You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Christian Sights (7 sights)
* Antique Shops (5 sights)
* Grand Parade Street (8 sights)
* The Green West (7 sights)
* Where the Old Meets the New (9 sights)
* Cork's Eastern Areas (7 sights)
* Cork Galleries and Museums (6 sights)
* Cork Pubs Tour (7 sights)
* Shopping in Cork (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction (this feature is not supported by iPhone 3G or earlier models, iPod Touch, and iPad wifi-only models).
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate