Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of December 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela.
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
My Tracks is the best app when you do hiking, climbing, skiing, boat, bicycle, or motorcycle rally, driving and other travel activities.
1. Location: show the phone's location on the map center.
2. Location information: current location's time, speed, altitude and route information can be shown on the mp, the layout can be dragged freely;
3. Route record: the phone's route can be recorded, paused, resumed and saved.
4. Mark: markers can be drawn on the map and can be dragged. A route and its markers can be shared with your friends. Click on a marker and its info window to edit or delete.
5. Route list: all routes can be listed with detailed information.Click on any item to show this route and photos on the map. long press on any route item to delete, rename, share or show speed chart. Each position's speed and time can be shown in a route.
6. Speed chart: blue portion in the middle of the chart represents the routes' average speed.
7. Share: convenient to share a route to your friends, share can be done when saving a route, or long-press a route in the route list.
8. route planning: plan a route to drive along.
9. photo: photos can be displayed along with routes, tap a photo to enlarge.
1. Google Play and Google Map should be installed and upgraded first in your mobile phone.
2. GPS position gets high accuracy and needs much power. When GPS is used, the mobile phone should be put outdoor with a clear view of the sky. It may take several minutes to have a first fix of GPS position.
3. GPS and phone screen are power-hungry, Please keep charging when used.
4. This app can be used worldwide, especially in China mainland.
5. Video function has been moved into a new app "My Tracks Videos", Routes and videos can be recorded and replayed synchronously.
The development of this application has been supported by Karelia ENPI CBC grant KA179 “Complex development of regional cooperation in the field of open ICT innovations” co-funded by the European Union, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Finland.
The app converts GPS location readings from your mobile phone to Ordnance Survey National Grid references, enabling you to determine precisely where you are on an Ordnance Survey map. No mobile signal? No problem; OS Locate does not require a mobile signal to function – the inbuilt GPS system can be relied upon, even in the most remote areas.
Simply download the app and switch on your device’s location services (Settings – Privacy – Location services).
Compass accuracy: the app relies on your device's internal compass and if this is inaccurate the displayed compass will be incorrect as well. Accuracy generally increases the longer you have the app open and many users report moving the device in a figure-eight help calibrate the compass and gives a more accurate reading. Of course, like any compass, keep away from metallic or magnetic objects!
OS Locate is packed with additional features. The ‘Share’ button allows you to connect with friends and family via messaging and social media – let them know where you are, how your adventure is progressing and what time you will be home. Use the handy digital compass to take your bearings – always ensuring you are on the right track. For those who are keen to learn more about maps and navigation, the ‘About’ button hosts a wealth of information including hints and tips and a guide to map reading. In addition, you will find simple yet comprehensive guides on how to use eastings and northings.
OS Locate – know where you are.
OS Locate is a complementary tool for Ordnance Survey paper maps. You should always have an Ordnance Survey paper map and baseplate compass when exploring the great outdoors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Please ensure your Location Services are turned on.
"No other app (and certainly not the airline) told me I was owed $400 and a hotel room when my flight was canceled. Thanks for looking out for passengers!" Carguello, app user.
“The Airport Life® app flies high for its depth and breath – and would no doubt serve as a valuable companion on your next trip”. Marc Saltzman, USA Today Tech/Apps Columnist
“If you travel a lot, it’s an essential tool. If you travel occasionally, it’s still very helpful”…”I use it every time I travel”. Gov Mike Huckabee
Airport Life® features:
-Airport Terminal Maps. No need to track down an airport directory. Navigate unfamiliar airports with terminal maps that guide you to the gate, lounge, services, stores, and restaurants.
-Auto-updating Flight itinerary. Enter your flight, rental car, cruise, and hotel itinerary information. Don’t be the last to know about changes to your flight. Get flight tracking with updates or changes automatically “pushed” to your phone.*
-Interact with, and share helpful information with other passengers in the airport through the app’s unique social networking “Airport Wall” feature. Free yourself from being totally dependent on the “system” for information about your travel.
-Never forget where your car is again. Use the “Where’s My Car” feature to record pictures, voice memo, GPS location & notes on where you parked your car and your rental car.*
-Send your trip itinerary to anyone you choose via e-mail to keep them up-to-date with your travel plans.
-Update your family and friends on your travel plans through the app’s built-in interface with Facebook.
-Level the playing field by knowing the rules. Check your airline’s rules and policies about everything from baggage to cancellations.
-Dining & Shopping: Locate the best restaurants and stores in your airport based on star ratings and user reviews.
-Access TSA security rules. Know your rights.
-Simplify expense reporting. Track your travel expenses right in the app then e-mail them to yourself after the trip for easy record keeping.*
-Weather information for your departure and arrival cities. Be prepared.
*1st Class Upgrade feature, available with paid subscription.
Get the Airport Life® app and be the Captain of your travel experience!
Helpful keywords: airport terminal maps, airport codes, TSA rules, airline baggage rules, airline rules, JFK, O'Hare, LAX, travel app
You can easily do it with track-kit.net web site and Track Kit app for your Android phone or tablet!
[TRACK-KIT.NET WEB SITE]
http://track-kit.net was created to make sharing of your tracks as easy as possible. This is the place you can upload and edit GPS/KML files.
Add pictures to your tracks using Google Panoramio or even Google Street Vew. You can also create time-lapse videos from Google Street Vew if available. Once image added to a track you can view it as a nice blog with mini maps for each waypoint.
* Location, Date, keywords, images
* StreetView, Panoramio, multiple map sources in one place
* Rulers to measure distance
* Image gallery with mini map
* Presentation mode with slideshow and track player
* Street Video Time-lapse video player: create time-lapse vidos from your track
* Cr harts, including recorded sensors(!) from Track Kit application
* Waypoints with images and audio notes
* Blog mode to share your stories and images
* Upload tracks from Track Kit application
* Upload GPX/KML files.
* List of your tracks. Make tracks private or public.
* Add public tracks the others have published to your favorites.
* Instantly share tracks to Facebook.
* Create routes between point A and point B
* Add waypoints: images and notes
* Add lines, circles and polygones
* Cut points and segments
* Modify waypoints
* Drag and drop images with GPS info while editing tracks
* Don't have pictures to add? Automatically (!) add pictures from Panoramoio to your tracks while editing.
* Create time-lapse videos from Street View
[+] REAL-TIME TRACKING
* Web interface for tracking groups of devices in a real-time
A demo team:
[+]SEE WHAT THE OTHERS DO
Visit Google campus with Track Kit!
The app is a great help in traveling, hiking, sightseeing, navigation, boating, hunting and finding your way around. Track Kit – is not only multinational tracker but also a unique free web service for exploring and presenting your travel routes.
** POPULAR MAPS **
The application includes some of the popular maps including OSM, MapQuest, Yandex.
** MAP TOOLS **
Multipoint distance measurement and radius overlay.
** TRACK RECORDING **
One BIG RED BUTTON for recording your track.
Brief statistics can be expanded by vertical swype on a red panel
(i) button for complete statats and scrollabe charts
** WAYPOINTS AND PICTURES **
Add waypoints and pictures to keep your traveling logs and prepare new routes to explore.
Take a picture and create a waypoint on your route with just one click to mark exciting places to visit, secret vistas and running paths.
Add images and Google street view panoramas to your tracks.
Create amazing presentations about places you traveled to!
** REAL-TIME TRACKING **
track your friends in real time (internet connection is required)!
** SENSORS RECORDING**
Record sensors! Go to options to select sensors to be recorded.
** SHARING **
- Publish tracks on www.track-kit.net web site to organize your routes and compare multiple tracks.
- Share your tracks and pictures with friends via Gmail, Facebook or Twitter.
- GPX, KML, KMZ file import and export
1.While recording tracks the application uses GPS in background mode. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
2.To keep your tracks stored on the server, please register for FREE at www.track-kit.net.
If you like Track Kit app, please write us a review. Your support would greatly help us make the application even better!