The app has been tested and optimised for the following devices running Android version 4.2 and higher:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Google Nexus 7, 2013
Google Nexus 7, 2012
Tesco Hudl, 1st Gen
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 7”
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8”
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1”
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1”
Devices running on operating systems 4.1 and below will be able to access an older version of the ITV Player app.
Why not let us know what you think? We’d really appreciate you getting in touch with our Customer Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presently this app does not support Chromecast.
● This app provides a free catch up service for a wide selection of Channel 5 shows and archive programmes.
● To ensure you are provided with the best viewing experience, this application requires Wifi.
● You will need Android OS version 3.0 (“Honeycomb”) or above to use this application.
● Rights restrictions around content mean that not all programmes can be made available.
● This application can only be used within the UK.
The Demand 5 App currently supports operation on
● Samsung Galaxy
● HTC One mini
● Tesco Hudl
● Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch
● Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 -inch
● LG Optimus
● Motorola Xoom
● Nexus 10
● Nexus 5
● Nexus 7
● Sony Xperia T
● Sony Xperia U
● Sony Xperia Z
● Versus TouchTab 9.7 inch
- Watch live TV
- Catch up on the past 30 days
- Watch on Wi-Fi and cellular networks
- Download TV programmes to watch later (on devices running Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- Browse Categories and Channels
- Cast content to your TV using Chromecast
We know some Android KitKat users are having issues playing downloaded programmes. We're treating these issues very seriously and have raised them with Google who, so far, haven't been able to provide a fix of KitKat. We're continuing to work with Google on this and hope the issues will be fixed soon.
However, Google have been able to fix the downloads stuttering issue in Android Lollipop (5.0), so be sure to update your Operating System when prompted.
We’ve developed the BBC Media Player app to improve video streaming playback on Android devices. You’ll need to install this separately from the Google Play Store.
To make installation of the BBC Media Player as easy as possible, BBC iPlayer will prompt you to install it when you first play a streamed programme.
The BBC iPlayer app uses standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The permissions the BBC iPlayer Android app asks to use are:
"Read the contents of your USB storage" & "Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage"
This permission is used to store downloaded programmes. The application must be able to write, read and delete these files.
Device ID & Call Information
"Read phone status and identity"
This permission is used to read the Android "Device ID". This is an anonymous ID that cannot be used to identify the user and is not used to track the user. It is used by iPlayer's content protection system to ensure that downloaded programmes can only be played on the device that downloaded them. iPlayer does not use this permission to determine the device phone number, whether a call is active, or the remote number in a connected call.
Other permissions (not explicitly mentioned when installing BBC iPlayer, as they are more general to most apps):
"Prevent phone from sleeping"
This permission is used by two features: Downloads & Chromecast.
While downloading a programme, the application prevents the system from sleeping when the device is locked, so the download can continue. This is only active while a download is in progress.
While "casting" a programme to a compatible receiver like Google's Chromecast, the application stops the system from fully sleeping when the phone is locked. This stops the application losing connection with the receiver so the phone can continue to control playback.
"Full network access"
iPlayer needs access to the internet to download programmes, schedules and information about programmes and configuration, and to send usage statistics.
"View network connections"
This permission lets iPlayer determine whether a network connection is available before accessing the network, and provide better error messages when it can’t retrieve data.
iPlayer also determines what type of network connection is in use (Wi-Fi or Cellular) for the Downloads feature. Downloads are enabled when connected to a Wi-Fi network. On a cellular network, downloads are disabled/paused.
"Test access to protected storage"
This allows the app to check if there is space on your device to download programmes.
To give you with the best experience, certain details like your Search History and Favourites may be stored on your device or securely on BBC servers.
To analyse and improve the app, it also uses technologies similar to performance cookies used by the BBC. You can alter your settings for this on your device. For more information about this and privacy, cookies and iPlayer more generally, visit the BBC iPlayer privacy FAQ page at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/app_privacy, or the BBC’s Privacy & Cookies site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
Once you have downloaded this application, continue to use your favourite BBC websites and apps on your Android device as normal. Whenever you play any video or audio the BBC Media Player will launch and handle playback of the content.
You may notice that when you install the app it asks you for permission to access your phone's network communication, phone calls, and system tools.
These are standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The 3 permissions the BBC Media Player app asks to use are:
• Network Communication - full internet access.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with access to the internet so it can play programmes.
• Phone Calls - read phone state and identity.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with phone communication status and notifies the application if the phone rings or a phone call is in progress. We only use this permission to ensure that the BBC Media Player pauses if you receive a phone call and temporarily reduces its audio when you receive a txt message while watching a programme. The BBC Media Player app does not access or store any personal information, phone numbers or IMEI numbers.
• System tools - preventing phone from sleeping, retrieve running applications.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with the ability to prevent the phone going to sleep when you are watching a programme.
TVCatchup is only available to people living within the UK that have a valid UK TV licence.
Watch live TV with the convenience of a simple app. Browse a wide range of channels in the TV Guide and find out what's on in the next 24 hours.
Share your thoughts about what you're watching with your mates via twitter, Facebook or email.
Great for watching sport, news, soaps, comedy, films, music, and children's TV.
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
It gives you the power to plan and manage how and what to watch on TV, as well as control your TV sets using your phone or tablet. And best of all, it's free.
With the Freesat App you can
• See 7 days of TV LISTINGS for over 200 free TV and radio channels
• Catch up on the last 7 days of TV with our Roll Back TV Guide.
• Find great shows to watch On TV and On Demand with SHOWCASE RECOMMENDATIONS
• SEARCH by programme across TV listings or On Demand to easily find the show you want to watch
And when you link it to a Freetime box you can also:
• RECORD ON THE GO so you never miss a show
• TURN YOUR PHONE OR TABLET INTO A REMOTE CONTROL so you can pause, play, fast forward, rewind and change channel
• LAUNCH ON DEMAND PROGRAMMING STRAIGHT TO YOUR TV
Watch & Record over 200 LIVE TV Channels for free in SD
Watch & Record 500 VOD Channels for free in SD
Choose from 45 000 Videos On Demand
Watch LIVE local TV for free!
Watch over 200 LIVE TV Channels for free in SD
Watch over 500 VOD Channels for free in SD
We host over 45,000 video on demand titles that have been cleared for worldwide distribution. We refresh these shows every few seconds which include hit titles such as Entertainment Tonight, TMZ Live, The Best of UFC, The Soup and many more. These are all from providers like CNN,
MHL stands for Mobile High-Definition Link technology which allows you to display your smartphone’s content to a larger screen, all while charging your smartphone. TV mobile app stream HD movies and TV shows from your mobile phone to any big screen TV or monitor for the total kick back and relax experience. MHL also allows you to play mobile games with no lag, work from any location, stream TV and movies in HD, and experience your favorite music with immersive surround sound
• Watch Network American (USA), UK, German, French, Asian, Canadian, Russian channels live!
• No need to pay any charge
• No need to have “Adobe Flash Player”
• No sign-up required
• Updating channels automatically
• Easy to use interface
• Wide range of channel list
• Use any network - Wi-Fi,3G or 4G
• No need to use satellites
• Just use your android device, mobile phone, tablet, etc.
• Also, you can connect these devices to TV sets so as to watch the channels on TV
With the Sky Movies Month Pass you can get a 30 day free trial and feast on the latest movies you missed at the cinema. With over 1,000 movies available on demand and 16 new premieres added every month there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Get the latest TV shows on 13 channels you won’t find on Freeview with the Entertainment Month Pass. Watch live, catch up on missed episodes and programmes that were first shown up to 30 day ago or get stuck into over 250 box sets from the start for just £6.99 a month.
Only pay for the days you want to watch with a Sky Sports Day or Week pass. Get yours today and watch the biggest football, cricket and rugby matches live on Sky Sports from just £6.99 (limited time offer) on all 7 Sky Sports channels.
NOWTV on your Android Device wherever you are in the UK with a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
* Over 1,000 of the latest movies on demand & up to 16 new premieres added every month with a Sky Movies Month Pass.
* Must-see TV shows and programmes on 13 channels you won’t find on Freeview including Comedy Central, Sky Atlantic, FOX and Sky1 with an Entertainment Month Pass.
* Watch live on all 7 Sky Sports channels live with a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass.
Recommended device specifications
• Android 4.0 or above
• 1.0 Ghz
• 1GB RAM
• 480x800 Screen Resolution
NOW TV is compatible with the many Android tablets that are 7” or larger and running Android 4.0 or later.
For more information, please visit nowtv.com
How do I start?
All you need to start watching your shows is a NOW TV account with an active Sky Movies Month Pass, Entertainment Month Pass or Sky Sports Pass. You can create an account and purchase a pass at nowtv.com.
Mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information.
NOW TV / Sky UK does not supported video playback on rooted Android Devices.
This is because if a device is identified as being “rooted”, we can’t guarantee to our content partners’ satisfaction that the programmes, shows and movies can be protected from copying or illegal distribution.
For those that aren’t aware, rooting is a process where the user gets complete control over the Android operating system files and configuration. Some devices may be identified as ‘rooted’ if the manufacturer has enabled root access by default.
Additional information: Available to residential customers in the UK only. Not all programmes available on live channels or catch up. Further terms apply.
Legals: 18+. UK only. Sky Movies Pass: Fees apply after Free Trial. Sky Movies Pass automatically renews at £9.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. Sports Passes: Each Sky Sports Day Pass costs £6.99. Each Sky Sports Week Pass costs £10.99. Viewing period ends either 24 hours or 7 days after you first watch, depending on pass purchased. Entertainment Month Pass: £6.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. Limited Time Offer: Sky Sports Day Pass and Sky Sports Week Pass pricing available for limited time only and until 27 November 2014.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://watch.nowtv.com/privacy.
To find out the latest must-see programmes visit: http://www.nowtv.com/
For help visit the Now TV help desk: http://help.nowtv.com/
To register visit: http://www.nowtv.com/promo/signinjoin/
Sky Go Extra lets Sky TV customers download popular TV shows and movies via Wi-Fi to watch on up to four devices. The content available for download depends on your Sky TV subscription. Downloading via Wi-Fi also means that you don’t have to worry about using up your monthly data allowance from your mobile phone provider.
Enjoy TV from Sky on selected Android smartphones and tablets wherever you are in the UK or Ireland with a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
SKY GO - KEY FEATURES
* Our on demand catalogue includes over 1000 movies, hundreds of entertainment programmes and a great range of kids shows
* Watch up to 72 live TV channels depending on your subscription
* All Sky Sports channels including Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 5 and British Eurosport
* All 11 Sky Movies Channels
* Sky Atlantic, Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 and Sky News
* Eight Kids channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel
* Register up to 2 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can continue to enjoy the great benefits of Sky Go at no extra cost to your monthly subscription.
SKY GO EXTRA – ADDITIONAL FEATURES
* Download selected On Demand content depending on your Sky TV subscription
* Watch downloaded content anywhere, even without Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
* Register up to 4 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can upgrade to enjoy the great additional benefits of Sky Go Extra for just £5 (or €6) extra per month. More information at: www.sky.com/skygo
Watching Sky Go on your smartphone through a 3G/4G connection will use data and contribute to the monthly allowance set by your mobile network operator. Exceeding this could result in significant charges. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Sky Go is not supported on rooted devices.
How do I sign in?
To start enjoying Sky Go you need a Sky iD username and password which you can set up at skygo.com/signup
How much does Sky Go/Sky Go Extra cost?
Sky Go is available to Sky TV customers at no extra cost but what you'll be able to watch depends on your Sky TV subscription. Sky Go Extra is for Sky TV customers only and costs £5 (or €6) extra per month.
What are the streaming requirements?
We recommend a minimum continuous bandwidth of 1MBps to access high quality streams.
What download restrictions are there?
Sky Go Extra users can download selected Sky Go content via Wi-Fi. 2 downloads per programme. Content is deleted 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 30 days after download.
Sky Go is supported on a range of Android devices running on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0 operating systems. For a full list of supported devices visit: www.sky.com/skygo
The service is available in the UK and Ireland. Mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information.
Additional information: Available to residential customers in the UK or Ireland only. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable via Sky Go. Further terms apply.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy
Some devices can only be used to manage your TiVo box but not to watch live TV. Check the Android device help for more info http://www.virginmedia.com/androidtv/
Winner 2014 TV Connect Award - Best Multiscreen Service
Winner 2014 TV Connect Award - Best Live Online TV Service or Solution
Winner 2013 & 2014 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere! It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi in the UK, on selected Android mobile phones and tablets. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching on 3G/4G mobile connection or with WiFi. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control.
• Watch TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi in the UK. See our latest live and on demand channel lists http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere/explore/watch.html the channels available to watch depend on your Virgin Media TV package
• Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago.
• Set recordings & Series links for TV shows & movies. There’s no limit on how many recordings you can set and you’ll know instantly if there is a recording clash.
• Browse and delete your recordings if you need to make space on your TiVo.
• Sort out recording clashes and reorganise your recording priorities to make sure you don’t miss your favourite shows
• Speed up the way you search and browse. Search using your device’s QWERTY keypad, rather than the remote, and without taking over the big screen to discover great new shows & rediscover old classics.
• Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter.
• Find out more about the cast and crew.
• Set up WishLists to automatically record shows featuring your favourite actor, director or subject.
• At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control and launch a channel, recording or On Demand show to play on your TV.
• Register up to two devices to watch live TV, in addition to your TiVo box.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• A supported Android mobile or tablet with WiFi internet in the UK http://www.virginmedia.com/apps/android/tvanywhere/devices/
• A TiVo® box.
• Your My Virgin Media username and password.
• Requires OS 2.3.3 to 4.4 for mobiles and 4.0 to 4.4 for tablets.
• Support for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) coming soon.
• For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Virgin TV Anywhere is not supported on rooted devices where unauthorised modifications have been made to the operating system.
• For the app to work correctly, tablets with screen sizes of 7 inches and below need to use the phone version of the app rather than the tablet version; you should be given the correct version by default from your app store
TO USE AS AN ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL AT HOME:
• Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable, Smart TV wireless adaptor or Powerline kit. You’ll find help to do this in the main menu in the app.
If you’re having any issues or have further questions check out the following links:
For more information about how the app works have a look at our Discover pages http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere/app/intro.html
View our Android Help page by selecting Help in the main menu on your device.
If you think your device should be supported, but isn’t, please talk to the experts on the TV Anywhere forum http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/bd-p/TVA/
Copyright ©2014 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
If you live in Scotland the STV Player App will give you:
- free, on-demand access to STV's programmes, straight after they are broadcast, for up to 30 days. It’s free when you are.
- free access to STV and STV Glasgow live. Watch our channels from your mobile or tablet, anywhere that suits you.
If you’re in the UK but outside Scotland, don’t worry you can still enjoy lots of our great content, such as classic Taggart episodes, Scottish Passport, the daily STV News at Six, Scotland Tonight and lots more! You can also watch STV Glasgow live
- Is free to download
- Is free to use
- Offers both live streaming and video on demand
- Packs the latest and best STV shows, and some old classics, such as Taggart and Rebus
- Offers unlimited access to your favourite shows for 30 days
- Is designed for viewers in Scotland, although some content can be accessed across the UK
- Works over 3G and WiFi
Get the free app as a part of your Netflix membership and you can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & movies on your phone.
If you are not a Netflix member sign up for Netflix and start enjoying immediately on your phone with our one-month free trial.
How does Netflix work?
• Netflix membership gives you access to unlimited TV shows and movies for one low monthly price.
• With the Netflix app you can instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want, as often as you want, anytime you want.
• You can Browse a growing selection of thousands of titles, and new episodes that are added regularly.
• Search for titles and watch immediately on your phone or on an ever expanding list of supported devices.
• Rate your favorite shows and movies and tell us what you like so Netflix can help suggest the best titles for you.
• Start watching on one device, and resume watching on another. Check out netflix.com for all the TVs, game consoles, tablets, phones, Blu-ray players and set top boxes on which you can watch Netflix.
By clicking INSTALL, you consent to the installation of the Netflix application and any updates or upgrades thereto.
1-month free Netflix membership offer is available to first time and certain former members and cannot be combined with any other offer. Internet access and valid payment method are required to redeem offer. Netflix will begin to bill your payment method for the Netflix membership fee at the end of the free month unless you cancel prior to the end of the first month. Your Netflix membership is a month-to-month subscription that you can cancel at any time. Go to "Your Account" on the Netflix website for cancellation instructions. No refund or credit for partial monthly subscription periods. The Netflix service is only available in the country where you originally signed up. A device that streams from Netflix (manufactured and sold separately) and broadband Internet connection are required to watch instantly.
For complete terms and conditions, please visit http://www.netflix.com/TermsOfUse
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your phone or tablet on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you're experiencing problems connecting your Sky+ app to your Sky+HD box when using the BT Home Hub router, please visit the following link for more information: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46134
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
- Full TV guide for every channel on Freeview, including the HD channels
- Offline mode. Downloaded programme content is still available when you don’t have a signal
- Personalised recommendations, based on your preferences
- Alerts/reminders for programmes
- Share functions and ability to view most active TV show discussions on Twitter
- Latest news from Freeview
• TV GUIDE: 7 day television programme guide
• NOW AND NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• SEARCH: Search for TV and Radio channels, as well as programmes on TV over the next seven days.
• TV CATEGORIES: Browse TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Information on TV and radio shows, including links to related programmes
• REMOTE RECORD: Set your YouView+ box to record your favourite TV shows or series while out and about
• BOOKINGS LIST: Check the status of your remote record requests
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect up to 5 devices with your YouView+ box so you and your family can use the YouView remote record service
Mobile Devices: The YouView App for Android can be downloaded on most Android 2.3+ devices and has been optimised for the following smartphones:
Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy S2, and Samsung Galaxy Ace
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ set-top boxes with recording capabilities, available subscription free from retailers or offered as part of a subscription from BT and TalkTalk.
Connecting the app to your YouView set-top box:
You will need to connect the app with your YouView+ box (or someone else’s YouView box, as long as you have their permission) to use the remote record service. To do this, go to Settings > Device Management > Mobile Devices on your YouView+ box and follow the instructions.
You will be presented with a unique code that is valid for 2 minutes which you will need to enter into the YouView App.
Once the app is connected successfully, you will then be able to view the TV Guide and set recordings on your YouView+ box.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://www.youview.com/terms-conditions/mobileapp/. Please read these before using the app.
For more information visit: youview.com/mobileapp
- Browse hundreds of on-demand programmes
- Download podcasts to listen on the go
- Discover new music with Playlister
- Amazing audio quality over WiFi or 3G/4G
- Radio alarm - wake up with live radio
- Video and audio clips, including many live performances
- Schedules that go backwards by 7 days for easy catch-up
- Set reminders for future shows
- Connect to Bluetooth audio devices
- Share programmes and tracks with your friends
Please note: Streaming radio is a data-intensive service.
The BBC does not charge for mobile content, but your operator's charges for using the internet over mobile networks may apply, and may be significantly increased whilst roaming outside of the UK. Connecting via WiFi is recommended where possible.
- Due to a firmware issue with some Samsung devices (including the Galaxy S4) specifically those running 4.4.2 Touchwiz version of Android, any kind of ‘seeking’ within the audio is currently failing. When you stop listening, the app remembers the position and then tries to seek back to that position when you resume playback (which also happens if connectivity is briefly lost). Because of this firmware fault, this currently fails and playback begins from the start of the programme. Samsung have confirmed that the problem is rectified in a forthcoming patch release which should be rolled out to end users soon.
NB: Devices running alternative firmware or custom roms should not be affected
- Some Samsung Galaxy users (using 4.1.2 Touchwiz) may find that audio playback does not work for them for live or on-demand programmes. A firmware fix has been deployed by Samsung but may take some time to be rolled out across all networks. Please check for software updates if you have problems using the app. Podcast and video playback should not be affected.
- On demand/catchup programmes from local and regional stations are not yet available
- Video clips are not currently available for Intel-based devices, such as the Motorola Razr-i, or Orange San Diego
All the most popular features will be streamed in the most accessible way for your device. Watch the week's programmes with Catch up, find out what's caught the attention of Jon and Krishnan through Snowblog and Gurublog and explore our award-winning domestic and international journalism.
- All the latest top domestic and international news stories, plus the most important news from the worlds of politics, science and technology, business and culture from the Channel 4 News team of correspondents and reporters.
- All the Channel 4 News blogs, including FactCheck and new blogs from Paul Mason, Cathy Newman, Lindsey Hilsum and Michael Crick.
- Catch up - to watch video of the last seven days from the Channel 4 News at 1900 and noon programmes.
Message from Channel 4:
From the safety of your own home, you too can now attempt to tackle the nerve shattering physical and mental discipline needed to compete in the most demanding and dangerous winter sports events known.
Tuck in to maximise your progress on the down-slopes, release to time your jumps perfectly, somersault in the air for distance multipliers, and land evenly for a speed boost!
Please note – the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money.
- Addictive gameplay
- Progress up through bigger and more dangerous slopes all the way to the K200!
- Upgrade your skis, jumps and max speed by earning cowbells
- Game Centre Achievements and Leaderboards
- Share photos of your best/worst crash with friends
Play at your own pace, whether you just have a few minutes waiting for the bus, or hours to kill on the train, you can build a wonderful Odd world and help save lives by improving cancer treatments sooner.
- Over 350 levels.
- Meet the Odds. A collection of unique colourful little characters who need your help to return their world to life.
- Revitalise a desolate wasteland into an amazing wonderland.
- Easy to learn with increasing challenge and difficulty.
- Directly help Cancer Research UK scientists to beat cancer sooner.
- Combine your efforts with a worldwide community of players.
By examining the patterns within cancer cell slides and identifying aspects such as the number of cells or the colour of cells, you can move up game levels and achieve rewards… Don’t worry about getting your analysis wrong – the same cell slide data will be studied by many other users to ensure accuracy and no single person’s diagnosis or treatment is affected by your actions - your analysis underpins research for future treatments.
Please note that this app also contains promotions for other Channel 4 products and services.
Make friends, unlock new locations and get texts, pics and voicemail from your fave 'Oaksy characters.
Breakfast with Sienna, jogging with Ziggy, searching for Jack’s lederhosen, and ghost-hunting with Tom... it’s all in a day’s work! But keep your wits about you, because not everything’s as it seems in the village. There’s a thief on the loose and with Nana’s pearls missing, the residents will turn to you for help.
Was it sly Sienna or the villainous Trevor? Your new BFF Ste, or the glamorous Maxine? Or perhaps it was someone from beyond the (densely-populated) Hollyoaks grave?!
As the mystery deepens and those closest to you become suspects, you’ll find yourself in a race against time to work out who the real culprit is.
Have you got what it takes?
Please note – the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money, and there is no restriction on the amount of purchases that can be made. We would recommend you utilise the password protection for purchases feature to help safeguard against unauthorized purchases.
* Winner of Best British Soap 2014 *
- 100 addictive levels
- Familiar Match 3 Gameplay
- Easy to learn
- Gameplay suitable for short play sessions.
- Game levels featuring unique Hollyoaks objects.
- Picture reveals of Hollyoaks characters.
- Map of the village
- “Previously On” recaps, just like the show
- Unlock “Selfies” – allowing you to make and share photos of you with your fave Hollyoaks characters.
- Ste Hay
- Ziggy Roscoe
- Marlena “Nana” McQueen
- Theresa McQueen
- Phoebe McQueen
- Darren Osborne
- Maxine Minniver
- Sienna Blake
- Leela Lomax
- Tom Cunningham
- Trevor Royle
- Jack Osborne
Explore these Hollyoaks village locations!
- Dog in the Pond
- The Hutch
- The McQueens’ house
- Price Slice
- The Folly
- The Roscoes' garage
- Esther’s Magic Bean
- The Savages’ Boat
- Dee Valley Police Station
- The Emporium
- The Hospital
Accompanied to great music by artists such as:
- International Departures
- Feral Brood
- Stalking Horse
- Ian Britt
- 10 Reasons
Size DOES Matter is an award-winning rhythm action with a simple premise; manoeuvre through gates in time to music, using simple touch-screen controls of one thumb controlling size, and the other thumb controlling position.
Winner of the BAFTA Ones To Watch award, and brought to you by 4Music, the ultimate in music TV.
Play through numerous action-filled levels featuring delicious electronic music by artists like Savant, Chipzel and Rymdreglage.
Unlock new levels as your skills progress.
Challenge your friends - become king of the leaderboards!
- Rhythm-based, increasingly challenging levels
- Juicy visual feedback and retro-style neon graphics
- Online leaderboards
- Electronic music from these skilled composers:
- Savant (Savant: Ascent)
- Chipzel (Super Hexagon)
- Eirik Suhrke (Ridiculous Fishing, Super Crate Box, Spelunky, Hotline Miami)
- Jonas Eide
- Cristian Voicu
“Triffic!” - Raymond Briggs about the game.
Experience the world of The Snowman and The Snowdog by joining them on their journey to the North Pole.
* New locations include San Francisco, Japan, China and Australia.
* Festive fun for all the family.
* Rendered in the same beautiful hand-drawn style as the film.
* Breathtaking views recreating the film’s iconic moments.
* Featuring the main characters from the film.
* Full 3D world to explore.
* Tap screen to collect pickups.
* Play alone or get friends and family to help.
* Featuring music from the film’s score by Ilan Eshkeri.
* New varying difficulty levels.
The Snowman and The Snowdog official game offers you the chance to be a part of the magical world of The Snowman and The Snowdog. Watch as they soar high above the beautiful environments from the film and help them on their way by collecting snowflakes to increase their flight time.
Tap snowflakes to collect them and keep The Snowman and The Snowdog’s journey from ending. Keep doing this as they swoop over wintry countryside, and past landmarks including:
- In London, the Gherkin and London Eye.
- In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and Pier 39.
- In Japan, Tokyo Tower and the Imperial Palace.
- In China, the Great Wall of China.
- In Australia, Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
Take time out along the way to search for the many sets of collectable items, delving deeper into the beautifully rendered 3D land- and cityscapes and tapping everything from jigsaw pieces to Christmas fairies, or focus on the journey in hand and take our snowy heroes straight to the North Pole.
(Please note – the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money. We would recommend you utilise the password protection for purchases feature to help safeguard against unauthorized purchases.)
Warts, lice, flatulence - the patients are coming! Check their symptoms, place your doctors, and treat them before they can leave the clinic.
- Featuring the voices of your favourite TV doctors
- Diagnose 13 different illnesses with 10 different doctors
- 45 head (and crotch) scratching levels
- Stay in the clinic or go on location at the beach or on tour in the EB truck.
Please note – the Embarrassing Bodies: Angry Boils Game App contains promotions for Channel 4’s other products and services (eg. for the Embarrassing Bodies programmes on Channel 4’s 4oD service) as well as some promotions of third party products and services.
Message from Channel 4:
Linkem's addictive, challenging, and infinitely huge. Shoot, switch and connect those orange rings to make lines of four or more.
Multiple connections mean points. Clearing the board means even more. But avoid broken connections—and beware the white beads! Overload them and they snap. You'll need logic and skill you never knew you had.
Maybe a spare brain too, because that deathline's closer every second...
Linkem is a SuperMe game—part of an award-winning game commissioned by Channel 4 in the UK which helps you to be better at life. Learn the cheat codes for life!
Please note – the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money.
In each location Hugh will explain what you need to find and what the ingredients will be used for. Successfully finding all the items gives you points and leads to unlocking of new environments, seasons and River Cottage recipes. Check the notebook if you're not sure what something looks like, and unlock items by finding them in-game and coming back every day.
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Magnifying glass zoom to help with those harder to find items
- Four environments shot on location at River Cottage
- Two seasons of ingredients
- 20 selected recipes from the River Cottage books to collect
- Notebook listing unlocked items
- Time bonuses for fast foragers!
- Free To Play
Please note - the River Cottage: Get Foraging Game App contains promotions for Channel 4’s other products and services (eg. for the River Cottage programmes on Channel 4’s 4oD service) as well as some promotions of third party products and services.