The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
-NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
-Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
-Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
-Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
-Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
-Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
-Access timely medical news and research information
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
GCS was initially used to assess level of consciousness after head injury, and the scale is now used by first aid, EMS, and doctors as being applicable to all acute medical and trauma patients. In hospitals it is also used in monitoring chronic patients in intensive care.
The scale was published in 1974 by Graham Teasdale and Bryan J. Jennett, professors of neurosurgery at the University of Glasgow's Institute of Neurological Sciences at the city's Southern General Hospital.
GCS is used as part of several ICU scoring systems, including APACHE II, SAPS II, and SOFA, to assess the status of the central nervous system. A similar scale, the Rancho Los Amigos Scale is used to assess the recovery of traumatic brain injury patients.
Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
Antibiotics & Infections is an app designed to meet the needs of medical students and health-care providers regarding anti-bacterial agents and their use in bacterial infections. The app is intended as an educational and reference tool, and has two parts: Drugs and Diseases.
The drugs discussed are common anti-bacterial agents and comprehensive information is provided about their :
• Available forms
• Anti-bacterial spectra
• & Adverse effects .
The diseases given are common bacterial infections of various human systems and information is provided about:
• The first line antibiotics that should be used
• Alternatives available
• and their Dosages and Durations.
The information has been taken from standard and up-to-date resources including Harrison's principles of Medicine, Davidson's principle and practice of Medicine, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, NICE Guidelines , and Public health England among others.
Feel free to comment and report any errors and omissions.
We have done our best to facilitate your search of numerous drugs and diseases. Our application offers you an extensive drug guide and a disease guide.
We do our best to monitor all novel and rare medicines and update our information on a daily basis, to make sure that we provide you with the latest data. With our medical application you will be able to choose the most effective, fast-acting and least harmful drugs.
Stay healthy and remember that your health is in your hands!
This application includes:
1. Drug Handbook
2. General Diseases - Handbook
-- Update #2
Derived from the best-selling internal medicine reference in the world, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, this popular reference delivers fast, to-the-point guidance on the clinical problems seen in everyday practice.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine focuses on diagnosis and therapy with an emphasis on patient care. It offers high-yield coverage of etiology, signs and symptoms, physical examination, laboratory findings, and practice guidelines. The updated 18th Edition has been closely reviewed and contains substantial updates and revisions to existing chapters along with the addition of appropriate new chapters.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web features:
•New 18th edition with 200+ new and revised chapters
•Full-color graphics, tables, and charts
•Detailed diagnostic guidelines
•Up-to-date treatment recommendations
•Improved index for easier navigation on your device
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly across all indexes
•‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
•Optimized iPhone 5 and iPad interfaces
Editors: Dan L. Longo, MD; Anthony S. Fauci, MD; Dennis L. Kasper, MD; Stephen L. Hauser, MD; J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD; Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
How It Works:
Current Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web subscribers:
•Install the application to your device.
•Open the application and enter your Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web username and password, then tap “Login.”
•The latest Harrison’s Manual of Medicine content will be downloaded to your devices over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and interested in learning more about Harrison’s Manual of Medicine, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.
This mobile app is free! and intended to be just a basic reference. Free app is limited in its functionality, options, information coverage, cross-Android devices supportability and Android different OS versions compatibility. Current version is not fully tablet-friendly and comparable only with 7”-8" screen tablets. It is only English language version. So please do not expect miracle from free app. The following below options/functions have not been implemented so please use this app accordingly:
- Detailed test protocols
- Abnormal values rationale
- Patient notes
- Fancy or sophisticated GUI design (it is not an entertainment app!)
If you do not like this app (or you feel this app is useless), simply uninstall it from your device and forget it. Keep always in mind that you’ve got this app for FREE! Please show your respect and appreciation to those who give you stuff for free.
© "Equi donati dentes non inspiciuntur!"
1. Nothing developer presents in Quick LabRef Application concerning the health or clinical subjects should in any way be considered medical advice.
2. This Application does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.
3. While the application attempts to be as accurate as possible, it should not be relied upon as being comprehensive or error-free.
4. The information and materials contained in Quick LabRef Application are intended solely for the general information of the users.
5. The information presented in Quick LabRef Application is intended as an education resource only and is not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of professional medical care.
6. Any information developer presents is solely of his understanding and/or interpretation of the material he ever studied.
7. If you or your relative have persistent health problems or if you have further questions related to health information, please consult your health care provider.
8. The users of this Application assume all responsibility and risk for using information provided in this Application.
9. This mobile Application is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. Developer does not guarantee this Application will ideally work for every user and on every mobile device.
10. Users have a right to dislike this Application and can remove it from their respectful mobile devices at any time. Developer does not obligate users in any way to keep the Application, nor use it.
11. This mobile Application under constant development and changes may be made in the topics and program at any time. Please accept it as an ongoing project. Developer reserves the right to update Application at any time and as frequently as needed.
Please make sure you understand free version limitations before start using this app.
This is the app for Radiology Tutor - www.radiologytutor.com.
Included are calculators such as adrenal washout calculators, RECIST 1.1, lung cancer TNM staging, pancreatic, renal, colon and rectal cancer TNM staging.
SCCM is the largest multiprofessional organization dedicated to ensuring excellence and consistency in the practice of critical care.
This application as a learning tool is always open for improvement. Any suggestions are appreciated.
***** This is a free preview version of Human Anatomy Atlas. It includes: 11 animations, 400+ 3D models of bones, ligaments, and teeth, as well as all the functionality from the pay version. Love what you get in the preview? Use the in-app purchases to get the rest of the app.
***** The definitive worldwide bestseller. The most content of all true 3D anatomy apps. iMedicalApps rated Human Anatomy Atlas the top atlas for the iPad and iPhone.
*****Only anatomy app with (1) Male **and** female 3D anatomy models, (2) Microanatomy, and (3) Physiology animations.
***** Extra features: (1) Share views with other users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone. (2) Create notecards to use in presentations or for studying (3) Access views for all twelve systems from one home screen. Quickly add entire systems to any view.
***** A true, totally 3D reference and learning atlas:
- Rotate any of the available models. Zoom in or out.
- Read definitions and hear pronunciations.
- Use preset views to quickly view a region or structure. Create and save your own views.
- Create notecards to use in presentations or for studying
- Save and share 3D views with other users of Atlas for Android.
- Save and share screenshots and notecards.
- Test your knowledge with quizzes.
- Watch stunning 3D animations.
Here is what is in the preview version:
The Skeleton Preview of Human Anatomy Atlas includes 11 animations, 400+ 3D models of bones, ligaments, and teeth, as well as all the functionality from the pay version of Human Anatomy Atlas:
***** Love what you get in the Skeleton Preview? Use the in-app purchase option to get all other body system models or more animations.
The All Body Systems in-app purchase gives you access to all the 3D models in Human Anatomy Atlas, the only 3D app that include male and female anatomical models with over 3,800 structures across all body systems:
- Circulatory (arteries, veins, heart)
- Microanatomy of senses (eye, ear, tongue taste buds, skin receptors)
***** The In-app purchase option for animations provides 5 packs of animations for purchase. Use these to extend your Human Anatomy Atlas to include physiology and function.
- Medgadget calls the graphics, “nothing short of breath-taking." (medgadget.com)
- AMI Award of Excellence
- Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Rarely does an app come along and knock my socks off. . . Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com)
***** Human Anatomy Atlas provides a powerful visual reference tool for healthcare professionals and a lab-like study aid for students.
About Visible Body
Visible Body® is a content and software development firm that produces award-winning anatomy and physiology learning products. Since 1996, we have partnered with the world's top pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and educational publishing companies. The highly detailed, anatomically accurate, 3D models we create are developed by an extensively trained team with decades of experience in medical illustration and biomedical visualization. All anatomical content is reviewed for accuracy by our panel of experts, including physicians and anatomists.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you like about Human Anatomy Atlas, tell us if the app isn't performing as expected, or share ideas for making the app better.
★ 1 GHz processor or higher
★ 512 MB RAM or higher
★ 480 x 800 pixel display or larger