Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
1. A full screen WiFi Signal Strength Meter
2. Home screen widgets
3. Interference Monitor from Neighboring channels.
Did you know that the WiFi signal strength increases by a million times (60dB) from low strength to full strength ? The 4 bar default Android WiFi icon is just not good enough to capture this dynamic range.
Did you also know that there are very few WiFi channels (3 to 4) available and the likelihood of a neighboring WiFi router interfering with your connection is very high?
- Full screen graphical Signal Strength Meter
- Widgets with color schemes
- WiFi Channel Neighborhood to check the interference in connection
- Detailed WiFi data
Pro Features(Inapp Purchase):-
- Ad Free
- Additional Widget Color Schemes
- WiFi Meter and Channel Monitor Auto Update
1. The Minimal and Graphic widgets have been designed with latest design guidelines and better battery management. The widget updates on tapping or on network connectivity change. These widgets are only available on Android Jellybean 4.1 and higher.
2. If the widget is not available in the list of widgets on first install open the list of widgets and change the orientation of the device. This will refresh the widgets list. Also do not move app to Sdcard.
3. Permissions - The app requires internet permissions for showing the Google ads.
4.The Pro and Free apps(with INAPP unlock) are seperate apps and billed seperately by Google. The Pro App has been unpublished. More on this is in the FAQs on my website.
The app is completely Ad-Free.
- Real time speed update in status bar and notification.
- Daily traffic usage in notification.
- Separate stats for Mobile network and WiFi network.
- Monitors your traffic data for the last 30 days.
- Battery efficient
A notification dialog appears when you tap the notification having
- Graph to monitor last minute internet activity
- Time and usage of current session
- Today's app usage for mobile and wifi
- Realtime speed of running applications
Notification appears only when you are connected to internet. You can change priority of notification. You can also hide the notification when connection is idle for specified amount of time.
You can manually select the color of user interface.
Blue status bar icon
Option to choose between blue or white status bar icon. (only for KitKat and below versions of Android)
Upload and Download Speed
Option to show upload and download speed in separate notifications.
Translations: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin) Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
Warning: Do not move this app to SD card. It will stop (Force close) when you remove the card.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on Twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or Instagram not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass as it points you towards the connected cell tower.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
We map - Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
NEW UPDATE: The new Signal Strength Widget provides up to date, easy to access information on your android device’s current Wi-Fi connection.
It helps you to evaluate the signal interference of existing networks and find out the less crowded channel
- WiFi scanner with detailed list of available networks
- frequency graph for 2.4GHz and 5GHz WLAN (802.11b/g/n)
- signal level history graph of available networks
- network router vendor (complete router vendors database)
- 2.4GHz/5GHz band channels
- save screenshot
Instead contact us on insomnia(at)gosar.de. The rating is useless for feedback as it provides no email address for us to contact you for details about feature request etc.
Stay connected to the strongest available WIFI, including unknown, but unsecured networks. That's the main task of Wifi Jumper!
The complete feature list:
- Automatically connect to the strongest available WIFI (scaninterval configurable)
- Even unknown, but unsecured networks can be used automatically (configurable)
- Messages and icons in status bar (configurable)
- Autostart after boot (configurable)
- Optional: create Wifi Zones based on one or more Radio Cells to automatically start and stop Wifi Hardware.
- Automatically adds new Radio Cells to known Wifi Zones while connected to WIFI
- Show Zone on Map (if Google Maps is installed)
- Optional: define "Airplane Mode Timezones" with the "Airplane Mode Scheduler" to automatically start/stop airplane mode (DOES NOT WORK WITH ANDROID >= 4.2 !!!)
- Saves an high amount of energy if all features are used
- Easy to use
- Multilingual (german, english)
- no support for custom roms!
- wifi zones work only on devices with telephony features
- Due to new restrictions by Google, the airplane mode scheduler is not working with android >= 4.2
Wifi Jumper automatically connects your device to the strongest available known WIFI network. Unknown, but unsecured networks are also supported to be connected to. Additionally, one can define "WIFI Zones" based on the current radiocell, in which your WIFI hardware will automatically be activated.
Leaving a Wifi Zone, Wifi Jumper will turn off WIFI hardware and saves energy. New cell-Ids for already defined Wifi Zones are added automatically while connected to a known WIFI.
In order to save even more energy, you are able to define timezones in which the airplanemode will be automatically (de-)activated. The advantages are not limited to energy saving: no radiation and disturbance while sleeping. Wifi Jumper is the perfect solution for many minor issues, but in only one app.
Note: Wifi Jumper uses android functionality that didn't support App2SD. We strongly recommend to make no use of App2SD!
Wifi Jumper needs the following permissions (reason):
- Location (determine position of WIFI Location on a map)
- Telephony (gather system-id)
- System utilities (autostart, airplanemode start/stop, WIFI start/stop)
- Networking (license check, scan for networks und status)
Note: Please give us a chance to improve Wifi Jumper. Let us know about any bad experiences and problems with Wifi Jumper before leaving any bad comments. We work hard to fix any issues reported by our customers. Thank you very much!
WiFi Overview 360 is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLAN.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not) in your environment.
The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- wlan scanner
- detailed wlan information
- add WLANs manually
- endless list of known WLANs (previously limited to 16)
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- included 2x1 widget
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
The "Pro" version contains no ad, have more widgets, have a powerful "WiFi Detector", can set "Quick connect shortcuts", can set WLAN priority and is a little recognition for my work.
See the wireless networks around you, analyze signals or find the best channel for your Access Point with:
- Radar Scan
- Signal strength graph analyzer
- Channel analyzer
Please try the free version before buying it!
The most intuitive WiFi analyzer application on the Android Market!
This app monitors and analyzes your network and warns you if there are problems.
For beginners: easy to understand, you don't need to be an IT expert. You can detect the problems without knowing how the RSSI, link speed work or what they mean.
For experts: It tests your WiFi network latency, DNS resolving continuously, not just displays static information!
* Real-time latency, link speed and signal strength information on the dashboard
* Analyze function: DNS resolving, overlapping networks, latency, signal power and so on.
* Wireless networks on graph
* Detailed information about your network and your access point like the vendor of the AP or the exact frequency and DHCP info.
You also have the option to show the signal strength as a percentage on your device's task bar.
The app is constantly updating the signal strength so you can walk around your house, work, or anywhere your connected to WiFi to find the best connection.
Tired of a slow connection? With our app firstly we will analyse and optimize your phone to get faster Internet and better speeds for try to boost your connection.
- Analyses system for any app that could be slowing down your Android Device.
- Adjust WiFi channel for a faster wireless Internet connection.
- Cleaning DNS cache for a Internet speed boost.
- Adjust system MTU/TTL, making Internet connection Faster.
- Optimizing 3G & 4G Connections.
- Better video pre buffering in YouTube or other video sites like Vimeo, Redtube, Netflix, DailyMotion, etc.
- Reduces overall system memory.
- Depending on the phone, will improve your signal reception.
- Works with rooted or non-rooted phones.
Boost internet, 2g 3g 4g internet, faster internet, Internet connection boost, high internet speed, increase net speed
* This free application is mainly used to analyze and simulate data from your Internet connection after several tests and be able to solve problems wherever possible. Does not work on all terminals and we do not guarantee its proper use.
‘Best WiFi’ is a lightweight application that automatically switches between saved APNs based on their signal strengths. So if while you are pacing in the office or walking around at home, and the signal strength drops below the pre-set level, ‘Best WiFi’ will go through your saved APNs and automatically connect to the one with the best signal at the time.
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to email me. My contact details are at the bottom.
Screen Timeout Toggle is a useful app for keeping screen backlight on even if you didn't interact with the device for a longer period. When the app is started the system is prevented from switching off the screen after the display timeout. Additionaly a notification appears in the status bar to indicate the current status of the app and to give a possibility to simply reactivate the display timeout. An additional app starter is implemented to disable this notification if you don't want it.
For easy access there is a widget, that shows the actual status and toggles it by simply one click.
Also a good solution for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which doesn't give a possibility for keeping the screen on if the device is inactive for a longer period.
If you find problems please email me. I will then improve the app, that will help you and me a lot more than negative comments!
Note: The new app doesn't change the value of Screen-Timeout in your system settings anymore!
Please configure static IP in the device settings before you run the app for the first time, because the app has to read this configuration.
A widget is included to show the actual status on the homescreen.