Tether 3D is a medium paced sci-fi rails shooter with a first person cover system. The story is core to the game and therefore consider Tether 3D to be an adventure game first, shooter second.
Tether 3D is a Sci-fi rails adventure with a cover/dodge system, puzzles, and a sarcastically told sci-fi story. The game takes place on an asteroid tethered to Earth by giant lifts. These lifts allow for the disposal of Earth's waste and return delivery of the minerals contained on the asteroid. The mining operation employ's thousands of workers from earth, mainly men, but few real women, most exist only as virtual reality.
You play as Cole, an arch-miner, a sort of scavenger. He spends his time on the rock searching for items of value hidden in the waste coming from Earth. Things have been slow, but today is different, he's both met a new girl, one who claims to be real and to make things even better, he's just received a call from a friend to come by the factory, to see if he'd be interested in a one of a kind item. Cole can't say no and these two events come together through a tongue-in-cheek story told through lip synced and voice acted in game animated cut scenes.
Tether 3D is free with ad support. Full interstitial ads will show between levels. Additionally you can unlock bonus items each chapter by watching a video ad.
- Cole & the Girl: Tether's story is told through over 20 minutes of animated in game cut scenes. Voice acted and animated, the game's story unfolds with a wry sense of sarcastic humor.
- Cover Based Shooting: Tether 3D is a rails shooter, as you move from point to point you can take cover behind objects to dodge enemy fire.
- Fun Physics: Aim for objects in the environment to create havoc for your foes. Most objects can be shot and many can be destroyed for massive explosive fun!
- Multiple Weapons & Ammunition: Aim for crates and barrels, take out enemies to drop special ammo and weapons.
- Play it in a day: We realize you have hundreds of thousands of android games to choose from. Tether 3D is a 2-3 hour experience. Most players can complete the game in a day. Move on to the next.
- No Orwellian permission requirements: We're a game development company, what you do with your device is your business.