Are you looking for a new brunch spot, bar to watch the game, date night adventure or even a new job?
Are you visiting a new city on a work trip and want to know what local gems you just can't miss out on?
Do you want to connect with fellow music lovers and discover the soundtrack to your next pregame or workout?
What is Channels?
Channels gives you the tools to do all of this and more. Through geo-tagged "channels" created by your fellow users, you can find ways to explore the city you're in or branch out and learn more about the site of your next adventure. With easy-to-use navigation and a simple, tag-based search tool, Channels lets you be part of an interconnected network where you can delve into shared interests and discover new ones.
How is it different?
• Most social apps require email, usernames, passwords and sometimes other information. This app is meant to be as anonymous as possible, so all we ask is for you to set a username, if and only if, you wish to chat with others or subscribe.
• Channels was created to be simple and anonymous so we have no menus or ads or hidden ways to make money; just 3 screens that you can swipe between.
• Rather than stick with the norm of comment based communication, we are chat based so each channel is actually a conversation.
• Channels is community driven. We made this app for the community so all posts are by real people, not bots or sponsored data.
What makes this app special is its power to be absolutely anything you want it to be. As our user base grows, so does the variety of ways you can interact. You might unveil the perfect weekend getaway, find a Spanish tutor or a pop-up live concert or a free yoga class, or maybe you'll just spark a deep conversation about dating and relationships, the possibilities are endless.
Channels works by connecting people with particular common interests together easily and anonymously, via chat. Each channel contains its own self contained group chat for all subscribed users, creating interesting, like-minded conversations. There's no limit to how many channels you can join, and once your down with a channel conversation, simply unsubscribe!
We ask for your location permissions, but we ONLY use your location when you create a channel, because all channels are location based, but you can always choose to not show your exact location to preserve your privacy.
NOTE: We'll be using your feedback to make continuous improvements and enhancements, so please share your thoughts in the comments.
• Chat: Each channel has a group chat embedded in the channel to anonymously chat with others around the world!
• Create a channel anywhere: You can create a channel where you are with the compose button, or on any location on the map by holding a location on the map. This way you can start conversations for places you are or plan to go.
• Explore: Use our Explore section to explore channels by popularity. You can filter results to "Everything" which explores all channels, "Map Area" which explores whatever area is visible on the map screen, or by "My Location" which explores channels around you.
A message from us
We've created channels completely on our own, between just two guys who've never published apps previously, but wanted to make something of value. We want this app to be something you as users would want to use, so we accept any and all feedback and incorporate it as quickly as possible. Our philosophy is that our app is your app, and since we do not have any investors to satisfy, we are 100% willing to improve the app as you, our users, see fit. Feel free to contact us here, twitter (@TheChannelsApp), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the app. Please also rate the app if you have a moment, we highly appreciate it. Stay tuned for any updates!