This app is no different than other free apps available in the store.
I wanted to create one to understand the different techniques and abilities of the android app.
Once i had a working app, i wanted to share it with other who might find an use for it.
This is tested only for Roku 2 and Roku 3.
Users confirmed that it works with Roku 1 too.
This is not for Roku Soundbridge M1000 series.
Remote for your Roku Devices
Use your android based devices to control your Roku Devices
Search for the SSDP enabled devices.
Due to your network settings, sometimes SSDP search won't return any results. You can use brute search which is slow but find if there are any valid roku device in your network.
Select the Roku Player.
Just select the channels that you want to view.
Use it as just another remote to control the device.
Works anywhere within range of your wi-fi network. It also includes auto setup of your wireless connection. Great to watch your Netflix or Amazon VOD movies and TV shows.
-Auto-scan of all wired Roku devices, manual scan for wireless devices
-Navigate directly to any channel using Channel button (New)
-Supports multiple Roku players
-New Back, Info & Replay buttons
-Landscape & portrait
-Fast text entry
-Home screen widget
-Multiple Skins (New: custom skins)
-Access to hidden functions (set bit rate, secret menu). See Extras menu.
To use your own custom image as a background skin, copy any image into the RokuRemote folder in your SD card. The image name must be one of the following: Custom1.jpg, Custom2.jpg or Custom3.jpg. You can then select Custom1, Custom2 or Custom3 for your skin in Device Preferences. If you select a custom image from the preferences screen that doesn’t exist, the default skin will be used. The bundled images are 320 by 480 pixels, but any image should work and scale to fit the screen.
*** Troubleshooting ***
If you see lag between the app and the Roku, please restart your phone/tablet and the Roku. This will resolve 95% of issues. Should only need to do this every once in a while.
PLEASE - if you have connectivity problems, visit the troubleshooting section of this page:
You can even try the connectivity test before you buy.
NOTE: NOT designed to work with Roku SoundBridge, only the Roku Player.
Requires WIFI access, see help menu for details. Please email me with any connectivity issues.
NEW! Better Format - Faster Downloads and Updates!! No Ads - Just Great Content!
The Unofficial Roku Channel Guide; Annotated is an automatically, and regularly, updated android app listing all the channels available on the Roku set top box. Included are categorized and linked Roku Channel listings, channel descriptions, channel pricing, channel access codes, and quick-click links to add channels to your Roku line-up.
Now, all Roku Channel listings are right at your fingertip! This app will automatically update about every 30 days with all the latest Roku channels! Want to learn more about Roku? Visit the Roku website at Roku.com
Fast, easy and convenient! Download the app once and receive all updates free!
Search Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, United States, Canada and the Netherlands
Enter you search term, and the app. will show you program-info, and in which countries the program is available - including which subtitles and languages are available!
If you do a subtitle search, it will only show you the countries where that subtitle is available!
Works fantastics on tablets!
* Includes catalog-info (see screenshot)
* Extended movieinfo
* Save movies as favorites for later
* Search for actor, director, production year, title
* Search in a specific Netflix region
* Search for specific subtitles
* Search for specific languages (audio)
* Browse Netflix genres
* Filter your genres
* Superfast search!
* Save favorites
* Subscribe to notification when new seasons are available for your favorite show
* and much more!
To search in movie description, prepend your search with "d:", eg "d:santa" :-)
Use the settings to configure your search parameters!
New updates will provide more features!
-Ability to manage disc and instant queues
-Search for titles
-View Netflix recommendations
-Browse titles by category
This app is identical to the free "My Netflix Q" app, except that I get a small donation from this one :). Thank you!!
NOTE: Currently Netflix is not returning information for some account types. Unfortunately Netflix has discontinued support for 3rd party apps, so this may or may not get resolved. Sorry!
Email me with problems / suggestions!
NOTE: NetQ cannot be moved to your SD card IF you use the widget
If you are being force to re-authenticate every time, please try the 'Clear Tokens' option in Preferences or re-installing the app (uninstall/install).
INFO: Netflix is removing access to all rental history access (as of 9/15/12) (At Home, Shipped, Returned, & Watched). This will also disable the "Remove Watched Instant" feature and the "Check if already..." options
INFO: Netflix's new Profiles are not available to 3rd-party apps at this time
If the app is stuck at downloading, please go to checkout.google.com and verify your credit card details
-STREAMING! If NetQ determines that the Netflix app is installed you will see a play icon overlaying the box art in the movie details screen (if the movie is available to watch instantly). Touching the box art will now launch the Netflix app and start playing the movie. If the title is a Series or Season, you will first be shown a list of episodes to watch. Selecting one will launch the Netflix app and start playing the episode.
-Rotten Tomatoes scores and reviews
-Add movies currently in theaters to your disc queue
-Search YouTube for movie trailer
-Set/change format (DVD/Blu-ray)
-drag-&-drop queues (using box art or drag icon)
-barcode search (requires the free ZXing Barcode Scanner app)
-search IMDb (either through the Browser or the IMDb Android app)
-add NYTimes reviewed movies to your queue
-search from Quick Search Box (Google Search widget)
-share ratings and movies w/Facebook
-browse by genre and filter results
-search titles,people,instant titles,queues
-remove entries from disc queue when found in instant queue
-remove entries from Instant Queue that you have already watched
-move titles from Disc to Instant queue (if available)
-add future Instant titles to local queue. Setting available to automatically check if movies are available and add them to your Instant queue
-separate wifi/3G/edge settings
-long press a movie title in a list for available options
-in a movie's details screen you can press the box art to open the Netflix webpage for the movie
-view cast list of a movie and view other titles featuring a given cast member
-view similar titles
-view Netfix's Recommendations for you
-Instant Only Mode
NOTE: NetQ cannot be moved to your SD card IF you use the widget
STREAMING (If the Netflix app is installed and supports your device see: http://goo.gl/NvzCJ)
-Future Watch Instantly feed is sparsely populated. Netflix is not properly reporting future Instant release titles in their API. They are aware of the problem.
-TV series/seasons/discs cannot be added to your Disc queue
-Netflix log-in page is missing the log-in image. Pressing the ? icon will still log you in
-Shortcut in home screen does not work after update. Simply remove the shortcut and re-add it
Can't find anything to watch on Netflix? Then MyQ For Netflix is for you!
View the latest new releases, browse by genres, view personalized recommendations, manage your queues or search all from one app. Now has an tablet optimized user interface for tablets 7 inch and larger.
While MyQ does not require linking a Netflix account, certain features will either be unavailable (recommendations, user ratings, managing queues) or imprecise (search).
Please note that there is also no way to view discs at home due to a limitation set by Netflix.
* Better TV series support
* Whatever users ask for!
* Subgenre browsing
•The only app on Android that allows you to add TV series/seasons
•Browse over 20 categories
•Move titles to any position
•Search for movies by title or by actor/actress or director
•Inline auto-complete for searches
•Control mobile/WIFI data usage through settings
•Supports both U.S. and Canadian Netflix catalogs
New features will be added by request!
✓ Contact support in-app: Settings→Help→Contact Support
•Click on a title in your queue to view more details
•Long click on an item to move to top, move to bottom, move to any position, or remove
•Click on the search icon to search by title or person
•Click menu or overflow button (next to search icon) for more settings and browsing
•Requires a Netflix user account
•Requires an active connection
If you have any issues please contact our support and allow us the opportunity to correct it prior to leaving a bad review. You can uninstall during the refund period risk-free and we will update you by email when the issue is fixed.
*QwikQ does not store or ask for any of your personal information
IF YOU ARE HAVING LICENSE ISSUES, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF FREE AND THE LATEST LICENSE INSTALLED!
AllCast Premium Features:
No splash screens
No limits on video lengths
Please report issues at email@example.com.
There are several benefits to using SavvyBud Roku Remote as compared to regular RF remote:
1. There are some commands in SavvyBud Roku Remote which are not available in Roku IR remote, such as ability to navigate to a channel directly or enter text using keyboard.
2. Some older IR remotes may not have "*" button which allows rearranging of channels.
3. You can also control your Roku from anywhere in your house where you have WiFi network.
4. Version 2.7 onwards of Roku SDK introduce hidden channels. These private channels will not show on the channel springboard, but can be launched with SavvyBud roku remote.
5. Although not recommended, it is possible to control your roku player over the Internet if you setup your router for port tunneling (for example if you are using sling box).
Feature suggestions are welcome.
Roku - Private Channel Guide makes finding and adding private channels into your ROKU device easier than ever. We have compiled a complete and exhaustive list of every private Roku Channel (public and private) so that you can simply add the channels you like. There are categories to browse and descriptions of every channel to assist your selection. The entire application is “search-able” and gives you the ability to quickly find exactly what you are looking for. Let Roku - Private Channel Guide enhance your Roku experience and double the amount of channels you have access to.
What is a Private Roku Channel?
These are channels created by independent developers which can not be found in the Roku Channel Store. There are well over 200 of these channels which give you a much more broad lineup to view. Some of the channels even link you to your favorite services like “Google Music” and enable streaming of Youtube videos.
• 200+ Private Channels not offered in the Roku Channel Store
• 600+ Public Channels
• "Combined View" to seamlessly view ALL available channels
• Categories for easy Navigation
• Search bar for quick Channel surfing
• Channel Icons
• Channel Descriptions
• Ability to add Channels from within the Application
• Daily updates
• Full Support for any Questions
Visit our FAQ if you have any questions: http://roku.cloud5studios.com/faq.html
Visit our Video review (by KidGuru): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HPKBTzSZn0&feature=youtu.be
OVER 200 FREE CHANNELS YOU WILL NOT FIND IN THE ROKU CHANNEL STORE!!!
Visit our website for more information: http://roku.cloud5studios.com/
Roku, Roku APP, Channel, Channels, Private, TV, Codes, Roku Codes, Code, Roku Private Channel Code, Guide, List, Remote, Roku Remote, Roku, Roku, roku, r o k u, Free TV, Roku Private Channel Codes PRO, Roku Private Channel, "Roku Channel", "Roku Private Channel Codes", "Roku Codes"
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE RATING. I can't respond to reviews or comments, so if you contact me I can help you out and I know what to change in the next version. Your feedback really does help!
This app uses free icons from androidicons.com.
● Find and connect to your player in less than 10 seconds without having to manually enter its address - even works with players connected over wifi!
● Roku ECP - way more reliable than the old Telnet protocol some other remote apps use
● Full 12-button control including Back and Instant Replay
● List and launch channels directly from your phone
● Automatically jump to search screens using your phone's search button
● Enter text on your phone and send it to the player - never use the on-screen letter picker again!
● Search and enter text features don't always work with Hulu. This is unfortunately their fault and I can't do anything to work around it.
● Some Honeycomb devices are unable to use this app.
Roku Inc. does not endorse (or have anything else to do with) this app.
For Roku streaming video players only. Not intended for SoundBridge devices.
Support further development of this app by purchasing the pro version and enjoy an ad-free experience!
In addition to standard features, the Romoku provides the following features:
- Easy access to all your Roku channels.
- Live keyboard for sending text directly to your Roku streaming player.
- Supports right, left, down, and up swiping on the remote direction pad to be used in addition to the standard direction buttons.
Version 2.0 now supports swiping gesture from the the main circle pad. Also enjoy our click-and-hold or swipe-and-hold to continually call button clicks.
Stream video files from your computer to a Roku Player, Android device, or any computer on the network. Download the roConnect server at www.ro-connect.com to begin streaming videos from your personal computer.
roConnect comes packaged with "roPush," allowing instant transfer of the video streaming on your Android device to your Roku player, resuming at the same instant you were on your device.
FREE 2-WEEK TRIAL VERSION now available at market.android.com/details?id=edu.byu.roconnect.free&feature=search_result
Note: For the app to work, you must install the Juice channel on your Roku by going here: https://owner.roku.com/add/juice. Also note that if you have a router with two channels (regular and guest), your Roku and your Android device must be connected to the same channel.
Juice for Roku lets you to stream media directly from your Android device to your Roku player: No need for a separate server!
Does NOT support YouTube and flash based videos, and does not support Google Music. Also note that videos in any format other than MP4 are unlikely to play. See here: http://support.roku.com/entries/423946-what-media-file-types-does-the-roku-usb-media-player-channel-support. ALSO - the Roku doesn't support videos taken in portrait mode.
- Send photos, music, videos from your Android device
- Send media from the internet to the Roku using the Share functionality or audio and video podcasts (feeds)
- Send individual photos or send a complete slide show
- Send individual songs or whole albums to the Roku. Songs can be shuffled.
- Background Juice service will continue to serve files to the Roku while you use other Android apps
- Use the “Share” menu from the gallery, browser and other supported apps to send media to the Roku without having to launch the Juice app
- No need for a home media server
- No need for cables
- No need to upload your files to a web server
- Fully functional remote control included with the same functionality as the Roku Remote app (sold separately)
One of the best things about this app is it's ability to work with other apps. For example, long press a link to a photo, song or video in the browser and share it to the Juice app to start it playing on the Roku. Or long press an episode in your Podcast app and share it to Juice to hear it through your Roku connected system. With the share feature, you can stream almost anything on the internet to the Roku, in addition to streaming what is already on your Android device.
- You must add the Juice channel to your Roku (https://owner.roku.com/add/juice)
- Android device and Roku player must be on the same network
- Plugging your Android device into your computer may prevent the app from accessing the SD card. In general, don't have plug your Android device into the computer when using the app. Charging is OK.
- Not all video formats are supported by the Roku. See the supported formats here: http://support.roku.com/entries/423946-what-media-file-types-does-the-roku-usb-media-player-channel-support
- Some MP4s created on Android devices may not work since Roku doesn't support all codecs. It depends on the Android device. Also, the Roku doesn't support videos taken in portrait mode.
- If you notice lag or unresponsiveness, power off your android device and/or the Roku and try again. This resolves nearly all connectivity issues. You should only have to do this infrequently.
- Visit http://www.jigawattlabs.com/juicehelp
More from developer
Help support future updates and development by purchasing "RoMote (Donate)" from the Market.