Front Royal Golf Club
The Front Royal Golf Club features a public parkland golf course located directly on the main fork of the Shenandoah River a few miles north of Front Royal. The scenic course has two sets of tees with 9 putting greens, for a total of 18 holes playing to par 70.
A boat ramp provides access to the Shenandoah River and the club house features a pro shop, snack bar and banquet room.
The facility was originally constructed in 1938 by the Civilian Conservation Corps on land donated by William Carson with the course built to his design. The current club house, built in 1998 to replace the original rustic CCC clubhouse lost in the flood of 1996. It hosts a snack bar, commercial kitchen and rental hall.