is a utility that overlays lines on your screen to train your eyes/brain to read faster and more efficiently with your peripheral vision.
Want to learn more about this reading technique? Accomplished author and lifehacker, Tim Ferriss, has you covered: https://youtu.be/ZwEquW_Yij0?t=2m34s
(to about the 4:40 mark). Or read the Why
- Toggleable lines displayed over other apps
- Toggleable background filter for more pleasurable reading
- Disable from notification
- Quick Settings Tile may be used to enable/disable
- Enable |Read| mode for 8 minutes before needing to re-enable itPRO features
- Enable |Read| mode for as long as you'd like (not limited to 8 minutes at a time)Why
Read faster by using your peripherals!
- Fixating on a word costs some amount of time as your eyes and brain work together to accomplish the task.
- Speed Readers reduce this cost by fixating on fewer words. How? By using their peripherals. Try it for yourself - fixate on THIS word. Notice how you can read "on THIS word" while your eyes stay locked on "THIS"?
And don't waste your new peripheral powers at the margins!
- Notice what is left of the furthest left word and right of the furthest right word on a line? This is empty space, where your peripheral powers are not being utilized!
- To prevent their eyes from wandering into the "peripheral empty space", Speed Readers in training will draw a line down pages of their physical books about a word after the left edge and a word before the right edge. They then read between these lines. As they improve, they move the lines further in.|Read|
is an app that saves your physical books from being drawn on. It overlays the screen with movable, color-customizable lines to read between. Use it with e-books, the web, pdfs, etc in place of drawing lines down pages of your physical books to practice reading faster.