This app provides a full analytical chemistry lab experiment where you will learn techniques such as, dilutions and UV-visible spectroscopy. The simulated lab reproduces the learning experience of a real lab, and you even get a grade for how well you do. After this experience, you will be suited with the fundamentals of analytical chemistry. This experiment is modelled after a teaching experiment at the Department of Chemistry at the University of Toronto.
Learn lab skills straight from the comfort of your home
• A virtual lab allows you to discover lab equipment that you wouldn’t normally get your hands on
The Art of Analytical Chemistry
• Analytical chemistry is shared among all forms of chemistry, and it is important to build a strong intuition
• Statistical analysis is very important to figure out how reliable your results are, and this simulator will help you IMPROVE!
Perfect for High School Students and Undergraduates to prepare themselves to be back in the lab
• You will need a basic understanding of concentration and mass conversions
• Very user friendly, and delivers instant feedback allowing for rapid improvement
How to Use the App:
• Look out for the speech bubbles which will guide you through each step
• If you are stuck, the information icon will re-open the speech bubbles
• At the end of the experiment, you will receive a grade and be able to redo the experiment if you are dissatisfied