The Wavelength app is designed to help students learn Planck-Einstein Relation, especially for first-year science and engineering students and high school students. Specifically, this app provides multiple features to enable students to easily visualize the relation of each variable in Planck-Einstein Relation, and also provides a calculator function.
- Useful particularly to beginning science or engineering students and high school students.
- Can also be used by researchers who need to quickly convert between relevant units
- Intuition building- as energy goes up, frequency goes up, and wavelength goes down.
- Using slider bars, users can visualize the relation between energy, wavelength and frequency, and to see the type of electromagnetic radiation it belongs to.
- Provides a calculator which is designed based on Planck-Einstein Relation.
- Provides a color-indicator to illustrate different wavelengths.
How to Use the App
- Press ‘Main View’ tab to visualize the the change of the three variables (energy, frequency, wavelength) associated with the Planck-Einstein Relation.
- Drag the slider bars, and values will change accordingly.
- Press ‘Calculator’ tab to calculate energy, wavelength or frequency, based on the user input.
- Press ‘Info’ tab to get detailed information regarding Planck-Einstein Relation, and to use the Notes function.