Features in detail:
LU decomposition whit pivoting
SVD - Singular Values decomposition
Eigenvalues - Eigenvectors
Linear Systems M N
variable evaluation: pi
function evaluation: sin(0)
variable definition: a=3.5
function definition: f(x)=x^2-1
--Logarithms and power
sqrt(x): square root; x^0.5
cbrt(x): cube root; x^(1/3)
exp(x): exponential; e^x
log(x), ln(x): natural logarithm
log2(x), lb(x): binary logarithm
log10(x), lg(x): decimal logarithm
log(base,x): arbitrary base logarithm
--Trigonometric - radians
sin(x), cos(x), tan(x)
asin(x), acos(x), atan(x)
--Trigonometric - degrees
sind(x), cosd(x), tand(x)
asind(x), acosd(x), atand(x)
sinh(x), cosh(x), tanh(x)
asinh(x), acosh(x), atanh(x)
gcd(x,y): greatest common divisor
abs(x): absolute value
rnd(): random value from [0,1). rnd(max): random value from [0, max).
i or j is the complex base. Example:
+ - × ÷ basic arithmetic
√ square root
' first derivative
--Binary, octal, hexadecimal
Value converter in binary, octal or hexadecimal input prefixing respectively 0b, 0o, 0x, in decimal.
It is possible to compute the first derivative of a function with one argument using the prime notation: log'(5).
The prime mark (quote) must appear immediately after the name of the function, and must be followed by open-parentheses.
The derivative may be plotted e.g. sqrt'(x).
To compute the derivative of an expression you must define the expression as a named function.
Eg f (x) = x ^ 2 + x, after insertion, type f '(x) to display the graph of the derivative.
To plot multiple functions on the same 2d graph, simply enter them on the same line separated by ";".
ArcLength & SurfaceArea
--Graph (MultiPlot up to 6 functions)
Graph of parametric functions
Graph in polar coordinates
Say about us
"BisMag Scientific Graphing Calculator 3D"is a demo version of "BisMag Calculator 3D" if the product is to your liking and you find it useful try the PRO version.
scientific calculator, scientific calculator app, grapher, graphic calculator, integration, derivative, mathematica, matlab, mathcad, complex numbers, plotting, graph plot, plotter, calculation, symbolic calculations, graphing calculator, study of function, asymptote, derive, arity, symja
Connect to MATLAB remotely from your Android smartphone or tablet.
MATLAB Mobile™ is a lightweight desktop on your Android device that connects to a MATLAB session running on MathWorks Cloud or on your computer. From the convenience of your Android device, you can run scripts, create figures, and view results.
* Command-line access to MATLAB
* Access to MATLAB workspace
* Ability to view MATLAB figures on your Android device
* Record of commands typed on the device in your command history
* MathWorks Cloud connectivity and storage
* Windows, Mac, and Linux connectivity
* Acquire data from device sensors
MATLAB Mobile does not support:
* MATLAB apps such as Curve Fitting or Signal Analysis
* Creating graphical interfaces using GUIDE
* MATLAB Editor
* Simulink graphical environment, but the 'sim' command is supported at the MATLAB Mobile command line
* Interaction with 3D figures
MATLAB is the leading technical computing software for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. MATLAB is used in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
1. One of the following MATLAB licenses:
* Professional or academic license for R2012a or later with an up-to-date MathWorks Software Maintenance Service contract.
* MATLAB Student or MATLAB and Simulink Student Suite R2014a or later.
* MATLAB and Simulink Student Version R2012a or later.
* MATLAB Home.
2. MATLAB Connector installed on the same computer as MATLAB. Starting with R2013a, the MATLAB Connector will be installed with MATLAB. For R2012a and R2012b, download MATLAB Connector at http://www.mathworks.com/mobile/.
3. Android 4.0 or later
MATLAB Mobile and the MATLAB Connector are intended for use behind a firewall on a private network. Virtual Private Network (VPN) use is recommended when used over the public Internet or via 3G or 4G.
The app is now free (as in $) to use, but a donation is appreciated to keep things going.
You are required to get the Octave Main Package (com.octave.main) to use this.
You are required to get the Octave Gnuplot Package (com.octave.gnuplot) to support plotting.
There are many additional packages (com.octave.*) for use.
This is a different sort of app. Unpacking the executable and other files necessary for Octave to run will take awhile when you install or upgrade this, but will be worth it. Whether this is installed to the sdcard or to internal storage, the executables and libraries will take up around 100MB of internal storage either way.
You can add .m files and a .octaverc startup file in an external storage directory setup for you. Often at /sdcard/GNUOctave/home.
Your latest plots (.png files) can be found in an external storage directory setup for you. Often at /sdcard/GNUOctave/intents.
You will be running in a fake chroot of sorts which includes Octave and many of the programs you expect to find in a standard GNU/Linux (read Debian) install. The fake chroot is split between your external/shared partition (often /sdcard) and your internal (/data/data/com.octave) to save space.
Plot commands and edit commands fire off intents to use whatever image viewer or text editor you have.
See Octave Documentation:
See the FAQ:
File bugs and feature requests here:
See code here for packages here:
This launcher is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.
No GPL licensed code is found within this app, but is found in the packages needed to run.
1. Math recognition: User enter into Smart Calculator and then click the camera button to take photo of one or more than one printed math expressions to recognize. User is able to choose to calculate or plot graph or simply use the recognized text as input. Comparing to Photomath, Scientific Calculator Plus is a bit slower at recognition speed. However, it supports a lot more expressions types than Photomath. And it is able to plot chart of expressions.
Scientific Calculator Plus supports the following expressions: 1. Addition; 2. Subtraction; 3. Multiplication; 4. Division; 5. Fractions; 6. Roots; 7. Multiple linear expressions; 8. Trigonometry; 9. Polynomials; 10. Exponents; 11. Algebra; 12. Integration; 13. Summation; 14. Product; 15. Matrix and 16. Complex value. User can also send email to us if the recognized result is not satisfactory.
2. Back-end math engine: Scientific Calculator Plus supports complex number, matrix, integration and is able to solve multi-variable linear equations, polynomials (up to 6 order) and other simple functions.
Example to input matrix: [[1,2],[3,4]], where [1,2] and [3,4] are 2 rows in the 2*2 matrix.
Example to input complex number: 8.71 - 5.44i where i is the image unit, the times operator, which is *, between 5.44 and i can be ignored. If ignored, no space is allowed between 5.44 and i;
Example to input integral: integrate("x**2", "x", 0, 1) (definite integral of x square from x = 0 to 1) or integrate("x**2","x") (indefinte integral of x square).
3. Graph engine: This app is able to plot 2D, plor or 3D chart. In smart calculator, user inputs the expressions and Scientific Calculator Plus automatically identifies the number of variables (2 variables means 2D chart or polar chart, depending on variable name; 3 variables results in 3D chart) in the expressions and draws corresponding graph. Scientfic Calculator Plus also provides stand alone tools to draw complicated graphs and a set of functions to draw charts from command line.
4. Programming: This app is actually a shell of programming language called MFP. This language internally supports string, complex number and matrix and is able to call all the built-in functions and all the user-defined libs stored in AnMath/scripts folder in SD card. This programming language also provides a complete set of file operation functions and time / date functions. Theoretically, user can do anything using this programming tool in an Android device.
1. Smart calculator: User can take photo to recognize math (printed only), do any calculation or plot graphs using this tool. An internal calculator assistant can convert units and return constant values. Its input pad is configurable. User can add his/her own function buttons.
2. Command line: A matlab like tool for advanced users. User inputs functions line by line and run. Its key board is also configurable.
3. Integration and plotting graphs: Tools calculate complicated integrals and plot various graphs.
4. Scientific Calculator for JAVA: It is included in Scientific Calculator Plus for Android. User is able to connect the mobile device to any PC or MAC via a USB cable, copy SDcard\AnMath\ folder to his/her own directory and launch the JMathCmd.jar in it. Note that SCP for JAVA is not able to recognize math expressions.
This tool is powerful vibration meter tool.
It has the following features:
- shows vibrations in real time
- saves vibration data into SD card
- provides configurable sound alarm that may be used to:
- detect the earthquakes when you sleep
- detect if somebody opens the door when you sleep
It is recommended to use the battery charger when it works for a long time.
If you want to recommend the alarm feature that may recognize earthquake
We will also use this facebook page to keep you informed about the work progress and current activities and plans for the future.
This application comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
There is a problem that occurs on some devices. Some devices may not provide the data when from the vibration sensor when the screen is off. This is an Android error.
We are trying to find a good workaround.
Send us the information if the application does not work, please
Very deep technical information http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3708
Support now on kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/6438588/sombreros-for-the-android-world
Most of gnuplot ported.
Can be used standalone or be used by other apps.
Used by Addi only right now. Addi is a tool like Matlab or Octave. If you are a dev and want to use this as your plotting engine, contact me.
Some terminal types currently not supported (PNG, BMP, JPEG), but will be later.
Mouse/touch interaction for zooming currently not supported, but will be later.
This is a re-work of our famous MathScript calculator. The current pre-release alpha version is intended to test the framework and receive user feedback (please scroll to FAQ at the end to see guidelines for feedback).
Nexus 7 users: We do not yet know what is causing the poor app response. Kindly bear with us till we get hold of a Nexus 7 device.
If you find any issues, kindly mail us. Please do not give bad rating. The entire suite of (full version) software will be free and it would be counter productive if the bad rating prevents users from testing it and providing feedback.
Initial loading is slow only for first time. Subsequent loading should take less than 5 seconds (2 sec. in HTC OneX/GalaxyNote)
* Complete scientific suite of calculations similar to mathematica and matlab using SymPy and NumPy libraries
* Graphical representation of equations with our smart typesetting mechanism
* Full graphical shell using Kivy framework
* Publication quality plots through the awesome plotting library "matplotlib"
Note: We haven't yet completed the feature list. More features will be added with each update.
The help system is not implemented fully. So, for now you are on your own to find out certain stuff. But, the system is supposed to be intuitive. Let us know if some things are not evident immediately :)
Thanks for your support.
* I found a problem not listed here
Please mail us ASAP! We are waiting for your feedbacks and suggestions and work on the improvements based on those.
* How can I contribute?
Currently, we are expecting feedbacks from users to let us know about the feel of the system. You can contribute by just using the app and letting us know if it works well on your system.
* The app is crashing when I open it.
Please check if you have around 80 MB free space before installing the app. Some times, the problem could be due to insufficient space in your memory. We will be grateful if you can get a log output and share it with us.
* The app crashed! How to let you know about it?
System logs can be very valuable in providing crash reports. You can access the log and mail it to us using the free third party app: "aLogCat".
* Why is it slow?
The app is targeted at next generation devices. The slight lag in graphics and delay in computations are visible only in previous generation devices and is almost instant with devices such as HTC One X, Galaxy S3, Note etc..
Also, loading a big program would consume some time. So, please save and close the programs when not needed. Please try to avoid creating very large programs.
* How to share files to others?
The files are located at the folder "MathSysData" in your external storage. You can share using any file browser.
* Help button is not working
For getting help, focus on a function (you will see a frame surrounding it when focussed) and click help. For some functions, the help system might not be available. We will be adding supporting documents gradually.
* Can I develop custom functions?
Yes. You can do complete Python programming. However, much more need to be done to make it user friendly.In future, you will be able to develop your own functions, their graphical representations and even your own keypad set.
* Will this be available in other platforms?
The first release is for Android. Once the product matures, we will release versions for iOS, Mac, Linux and Windows.
Motorola Xoom 2
HTC Evo 3D
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy Note
To-do in upcoming releases (order of priority):
* Feedback button to connect to us
* Full help system
* Additional functions
* Better rendering/typesetting for comments
* Financial toolbox
* Interactive plotting
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
You can purchase the new and improved Sensor Insider Pro for only $2.49 for a limited time.
Sensor Insider Pro's main features
- Acquire data from multiple sources simultaneously.
- Display data in different ways (plots, map, numeric)
- Take screenshots of your plots
- Save acquisition info and data to file, which can be reopened for further analysis.
- Export data to file in Matlab, CSV (Excel-compatible), or KML (for Google Earth) format, for further analysis on a computer.
- All "standard" sensors (acceleration, magnetic field, light,...)
- GPS and network location
- Sound level
- Phone and WiFi signal (data availability varies by phone)
- System resources
Your ratings are very appreciated. If you are experiencing any issue, please contact us and give us a chance to solve them before rating.
This turns your phone into a wireless inertial measurement unit (IMU).
The following sensors are supported:
If your phone has not all these sensors, only the available sensor data is transmitted.
Example UDP packet:
890.71558, 3, 0.076, 9.809, 0.565, 4, -0.559, 0.032, -0.134, 5, -21.660,-36.960,-28.140
Timestamp [sec], sensorid, x, y, z, sensorid, x, y, z, sensorid, x, y, z
3 - Accelerometer (m/s^2)
4 - Gyroscope (rad/s)
5 - Magnetometer (micro-Tesla uT)
You can run this app in the background.
A warning dialog appears, if you are not connected to a WiFi network.
In the example video, the stream is directly processed by a MATLAB script for Kalman Filtering. But it's up to you, what you do with the data.
With the following Python script you can capture the UDP data stream from your phone:
import socket, traceback
host = ''
port = 5555
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_REUSEADDR, 1)
s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_BROADCAST, 1)
message, address = s.recvfrom(8192)
except (KeyboardInterrupt, SystemExit):
It allows the use of your phone as sensors module for on any mobile object connected to your PC. Therefore, enabling you to perform further complicated tasks on your mobile application.
Sensor Ex main aim is to feedback android's sensor remotely to any computer e.g. mobile robotics.
It provides better features and flexibility for amateurs and professionals to implement more complex ideas on their robots by minimizing project budget and using just android's accelerometer, orientation, camera and audio.
Sensor Ex supplies a Visual Basic control component that can be used in your VB project or demo PC application that streams live data.
Download and install the client from the website. Check the website for PC client updates.
Don't forget to set the device number in the preferences to match the PC client.
If you are having trouble connecting to your PC through you router or if streaming is too slow try to establish a direct Ad-Hoc network using one of many software on the net.
- Stream sensors, camera and 2 ways audio (with specified time interval)
- Create simulink models and GUI using Sensor Ex Matlab Library
- Autosave sensors values in real-time (as .csv or .tdat)
- Support up to 5 devices
- Sync graphs colors between android and PC
- Send saved graphs directly to PC client
- Toggle phone's flash light
- Record video and audio to file
- Disable camera tab for drastic performance improvement
Almost everything is documented and clear. For any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Coming up next!
- Web streaming
Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion :)
Use the data of all the sensors embedded in your device and test your own algorithms by taking advantage of an online signals processing.
HyperIMU collects the sensors' data and sends them as CSV (Comma-Separated Values) to your mainframe PC by using standard network protocols (TCP, UDP), or it can store the data in file for an offline processing.
With HyperIMU you can also watch the plots of the signals in run-time.
★ Customizable list of sensors
★ Include GPS coordinates
★ Customizable sampling time (in milliseconds)
★ Chart viewer
★ UDP protocol
★ TCP protocol
★ FILE storing
★ User-friendly interface
★ A console shows all status and informations
Download the HIMU-Server Python code here : https://github.com/ianovir/HIMUServer
You can find the Help here : https://github.com/ianovir/HIMUServer/blob/master/README.txt
For more infos or issues, please contact the developer via email.
Need ATE (android terminal emulator) installed before you install this to work - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImphY2twYWwuYW5kcm9pZHRlcm0iXQ..
This app is no longer the plotting engine for Octave. Get the Octave Gnuplot Package instead (com.octave.gnuplot).
A Computing Environment useful for solving many complex problems.
A Matlab / Octave clone for Android.
Java based and open source.
Free and Ad free.
Has most needed math capabilities.
A lot of function included already.
Can parse and run .m files. (try "edit /sdcard/test.m")
Working on bugs and compatibility.
Basic plotting working (you need the app called AddiPlot).
Custom keyboard for entering commands faster.
Now have Octave built for Android, moving this soon to a separate app called "octave" (clever...I know). You can go checkout the first version soon. Addi will be going back to being solely java based and small and not very feature rich, while octave will be the real deal, but much larger.
Matlab is a registered trademark or Math Works.
You can remotely control a Matlab session, or using the MLConnect Matlab Interface Layer API come up with you own killer application! Display whatever you generate in Matlab, use the user interaction features or read out sensor values!
Try before buy: MLConnect Free Edition is fully featured and perfect for finding out whether the app is right for you!
Matlab Code examples can be found at http://mlconnect.chschmid.com
Please note MLConnect is not affiliated with Matlab or The MathWorks. Matlab is a registered trademark of The MathWorks.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES AND/OR CONVEYS THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.