electronic Common Prayer, Version 2.0 (eCP) is a brand new Android version of the first, fully authorized, interactive version of the Book of Common Prayer 1979 of the Episcopal Church USA.
Created by Church Publishing, Inc. (http://www.churchpublishing.org), eCP for Android is built to run on devices that support Google Play
For those who want the most commonly used worship services and devotional content of the BCP along with the full lectionary texts in one app, look no further. eCP offers the following features:
* Simple menu navigation, with an intuitive user interface
* Most commonly used services from the 1979 BCP, fully hyperlinked to lessons, Collects of the Day, and Psalms
* The complete Daily Office with readings and Psalms for each day in both Years 1 and 2
* An interactive Calendar with complete access to Years A, B, & C of the RCL for Sundays and Holy Days, the Daily Office and Lesser Feasts and Fasts lectionary texts in the NRSV
* Feast pages include title and color in addition to presenting multiple feasts in order of precedence
* Fully searchable content and Indexes for Psalms, Canticles, Collects, Prefaces, and Prayers & Thanksgivings. Search for text within title or content
* Canticles are supplemented with all of the alternatives from Enriching Our Worship.
* Swipe left/right navigation through Services, Psalms and other indexed material
* Psalm options for the Daily Office include both Psalms Appointed and the Thirty Day Psalter
* Bookmarking of content for easy access throughout the app.
* In-App purchases available in Google Play for ongoing additions to content, including Enriching Our Worship
* The ability to email content from within the app.
eCP requires NO INTERNET connection, as all texts are stored locally on your device, allowing you access to these texts no matter where you go.
eCP is perfect for personal devotion with the Daily Office and the variety of prayers from the Book of Common Prayer. Quick access to all of the lectionary texts is ideal for clergy or liturgy planners, or for pastoral care such as Ministration to the Sick or Reconciliation of a Penitent when on the road.
Planned updates include the addition of material from the Book of Occasional Services and Enriching Our Worship, Liturgical rites for same sex blessings, and other liturgical resources as approved for use by the General Convention. More than just an app, eCP is a framework for delivering content to our customers.
Whether lay or ordained, eCP offers the content of the Book of Common Prayer in a way that supports your devotion in a perfect mobile format for a busy world.