* Get instant access to a super fast database server with five million chess games.
* Stay on top of cutting edge chess theory with a database server which is updated weekly.
* Improve your opening skills by checking variations with board and move statistics in one view.
* Prepare easily against more than 270,000 players from top grandmasters to amateurs. Just type in the name and get instant results.
* Dynamic books with user defined search filters. Ideal for the player’s preparation.
* Enjoy chess history by replaying 600 annotated master games from 1857 to 2011. The display includes international annotation symbols, coloured squares and arrows.
* Load/save your own PGN files.
* Edit annotated games.
* Easy to work with: you have a game history containing your latest 100 games.
* Use any one of five different sets of pieces on a wooden, marble or metal board.
* Optimal adaptation to high resolution screens on tablets and HD phones.
* Send games by E-Mail.
Dear Samsung Galaxy user
Your device was delivered with the OS Android 2.1. This version of the OS contains some small bugs which among others also affect the ChessBase Online App.
- Upgrade the OS to version 2.2 or 2.3
- Delete the file „greatgames.pgn“ from the folder „ChessBase“ on your smart card. The ChessBase App will automatically create the file at program start again.
Top Rated paid Brain & Puzzle Android Game! New version 1.1 fixing numerous issues.
Chess Pro 3D takes a unique twist on a classic game. With varying ease and numerous settings, you're allowed to customize your degree of difficulty to suit you, all while viewing the board in gorgeous 3D!
Become the next Master Chess Gambit! You may compete against your friends by having the quickest time, or earn achievements by beating the hardest levels. See if you can attain checkmate on the hardest level.
Chess Pro 3D uses the latest technology in emulating various skill levels. Also included are the ability to take back moves, change viewing angles and camera perspective, and a simple touch and move interface.
Download Chess Pro 3D today and become the next Chess Master!
* Optimized for latest droid device!
* Spectacular 3D Graphics
* Intuitive Chess Engine
* Various camera angles
* ability to toggle between birds eye and numerous 3D views
* Take back moves
* Fluid Chess Animation
* Different Difficulty Levels
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
► Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
► 3D Chess set pieces
► 2D Chess set pieces
► 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
► 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
► Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
► 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
► Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
► Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
► Show all the moves for the current game
► Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
► Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
► Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
► "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
► Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
► No Ads or In-App purchases
Delightfully 3D rendered graphics and captivating animations.
Play at many difficulty levels. Set the time for the computer to think.
Play against a machine or a human or watch the machine play against itself!
Chess is a two person strategy game which originated in Eastern India in the 6th century.
Each player controls and army which have to attack the other army and capture the king. Using soldiers (pawns), castles (rooks), bishops, horses (knights) and your queen you must defend your king.
Each piece has special moves which are well known: A pawn can move forward only one square (or two on its first move), a rook moves in straight lines, the bishop moves diagonally, the queen moves in any direction and the knight moves one square in one direction and two squares at right angles.
1. Ancient classical style
2. a variety of AI difficulty selection
3. Support Double Battle 五子棋
How to play:
Two game, 五子棋 armed with the same color, rotation next child, first horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines of five or more than five uninterrupted even the same color pawn in a row is the winner.
Jocly's Chess Variants is by far the most complete mobile application for playing Chess variations.
In addition to regular Chess, it offers 45 variants, all of them featuring:
♙ artificial intelligence to play alone / offline
♙ server connectivity to play real people, create or join tables, invite friends
♙ full rules description
♙ live games are saved and can be replayed
♙ ELO based leaderboard
♙ and many more ...
♘ Classic Chess
♘ XiangQi (Chinese Chess)
♘ Gardner Chess
♘ Baby Chess
♘ Malett Chess
♘ Los Alamos
♘ Chess Attack
♘ Courier (Middle-Age Chess)
♘ Makruk (Thai Chess)
♘ Shako (10x10 board with elephants and cannons)
♘ Raumschach (5x5x5)
♘ Glinski Chess (hexagonal)
♘ Brusky Chess (hexagonal)
♘ DeVasa Chess (hexagonal)
♘ McCooey Chess (hexagonal)
♘ Shafran (hexagonal)
♘ Modern circular Chess (on a round board)
♘ Byzantine Chess (on a round board, as played in the Xth century)
♘ 3D Chess (6x8x3)
♘ Cylinder Chess
♘ RollerBall (Chess on an unusual board)
♘ Chess960 (randomized start position)
♘ Metamachy (big board)
♘ Capablanca Chess
♘ Carrera Chess
♘ Gothic Chess
♘ Janus Chess
♘ Grand Chess
♘ Modern Chess
♘ Chancellor Chess
♘ Wildebeest Chess
♘ Smess (give it a try)
♘ Demi Chess (half a regular board)
♘ Romanchenko Chess
♘ Amazon Chess
♘ Duke of Rutland Chess
♘ Gustav III Chess
♘ Hyderabad Chess
♘ Kaiser Chess
♘ SultanGame Chess
♘ Reformed Courier Chess
♘ Tutti-Frutti Chess
3D view is disabled by default on Android. Check the app settings to try 3D on your device.
* AI limited to level 5
* FICS client for online gaming with Timeseal
* Local hot-seat mode
* Save on exit
* Deep Undo and Redo
Note: This application is ad-supported and requires internet access and coarse location permissions.
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
- Opening books: Internal, polyglot, CTG
- Analyze mode
- Two player mode
- Edit board
- PGN import/export/edit
- FEN/EPD import
- Adjustable playing strength
- One Touch Moves
- Blindfold mode
- Color themes
- Animated moves
- Scid DB support using "Scid on the go"
- Highly configurable
- Third party UCI engines
- Configurable UCI engine options
- Support for "open exchange" engine apps, such as texel and komodo 8.
- Gaviota endgame tablebases
- Syzygy endgame tablebases
- Free, GPLv3
Source code is available from my web page.
The following permissions are used:
Modify/delete SD card contents
To save games to SD card
Full internet access
To optionally communicate with network chess engines
Prevent phone from sleeping
To optionally prevent screen blanking during game play
To optionally vibrate after computer makes a move