Cisco User Defined Network (UDN) is an app that allows IT to give end-users control of their very own wireless network partition on a shared network. End-users can then remotely and securely deploy their devices on this network. Cisco User Defined Network grants both device security and control, allowing you to choose who can connect to your network.
• Device Registration: The Cisco User Defined Network (UDN) app enables users to register their devices before they bring onto the organization’s premises. There are multiple ways a user can register a device.
• Manual entry: Users can manually enter device details: type, name and MAC address.
• Scan network: Users can scan their home network for connected device. This feature is available only for Android and only when connected to home network.
• Add current device: UDN will automatically discover the current device details and give the user an option to add the current device. This feature is available only for Android.
• Scan Image for Mac addresses: On the manual entry page there is an option to scan the MAC address from an image.
• Scan Mac addresses using a camera: On the manual entry page there is an option to scan the MAC address using camera.
• Device Sharing: The Cisco UDN app allow the user to share their devices connected to UDN with other users in same organization by inviting them to join their network. The invitation flow is as described:
1. Search users: Users can search for others so they can invite them to join their portion of the User Defined Network.
2. Invite users: Users can search and select multiple users to invite them all at once.
3. Invited user gets invite notification: The users who are invited to join the network, will get the invite notification and will have the option to accept or decline the invite.
4. User accepts invite: If the user chooses to accept the invite, the user will be presented with a list of available registered devices to be shared. The user will have to select the devices to join the invitee’s network.
5. User declines invite: If a user declines the invitation, a notification will be sent to the invitee.
IMPORTANT NOTICES AND DISCLAIMERS - PLEASE READ
Cisco UDN (Cisco User Defined Network) is a utility application that enable user device’s registration and sharing on user defined network.
By downloading Cisco UDN (Cisco User Defined Network), you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/legal/cloud-and-software/end_user_license_agreement.html). You also consent to the installation of all future updates of the Cisco UDN (Cisco User Defined Network) software.
WARNING: This program is protected by copyright law and international treaties.
Cisco Systems Inc.
170 West Tasman Drive, San Jose, CA 95134 USA