If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
This app brings you a chance to explore into your android phone.
You can perform various tests and commands what you can run on Linux system.
This app makes you feel now you have mini Linux terminal device, not android phone.
You can manage your phone file system, you can get root access to be super user, and connect to another network device.
- visual file management: allows you to copy, move and delete files and whole directory trees;
- display meta information of file;
- opening files using one of the pre-installed programs;
- run Linux/Unix commands in the sub-shell.
The program supports convenient and concise interface with two navigation bars. Background color, text size, file type indication and other features can be customized by settings.
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for droid platform.
Linx Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all droid phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your SDcard, system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the droid version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, ll, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, pwd, etc...
--> This isn't a game emulator.
--> This won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMIE.
--> You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use Linux command line to use this program.
--> You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" in order to get the most out of this program(to work correctly you need root permissions and BusyBox).
ZShaolin saves you time and effort to be set on Android with a PRO terminal full of authentic GNU/Linux tools: local storage and LAN services, no ads and no clouds.
☞ Vim (fully featured) to edit texts with syntax highlight and more
☞ Emacs console the lisp extensible editor, fully featured
☞ RSync to transfer large files over the Internet
☞ OpenSSH client and daemon to connect remote machines
☞ Tmux console terminal screen manager and multiplexer
☞ Mongoose shares files on LAN over HTTP and WebDAV
☞ FFMpeg to convert, decode and encode audio and video files
☞ ImageMagick to convert and manipulate all image formats
☞ dcraw and jhead to edit raw photo formats and metadata
☞ Sox and OggZ to manipulate and convert audio files
☞ GnuPG and Steghide to hide and protect secret files
☞ HTop, NCdu and other tools to understand what's going on
☞ Awk, Sed, Curl and GNU tools for shell scripts
☞ Manpages and even Games, how can we live without them? ;^)
As you can imagine ZShaolin is there to make an hacker's life easier when using Android, while offering a friendly learning environment for shell scripting.
+ experimental packages:
☞ Git versioning system (limited to local functions)
☞ Lynx a textual web browser
☞ Midnight Commander file manager for console
ZShaolin comes complete with all manual pages of included programs (just use man!)
There is plenty of documentation freely available on the Internet in English and other languages on how to use a terminal console, here below we suggest some introductory reading:
☞ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_shell Information about the Z-shell
☞ http://en.flossmanuals.net/command-line Introduction to the command-line
☞ http://zshwiki.org ZSh user's wiki
☞ http://grml.org/zsh/grml-zsh-refcard.pdf ZSh configuration reference card
☞ http://www.imagemagick.org/script image manipulation
☞ http://sox.sourceforge.net/Docs/Documentation audio manipulation
☞ http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html video manipulation
☯☯☯☯☯☯ Remote Shell (NEW!)
To log-in using another computer on the local network via SSH run 'z-ssh' and follow the instructions.
ZShaolin will generate keys and launch an ssh daemon.
☯☯☯☯☯☯ Known Bugs
☞ SWIFT keyboard not supported.
☞ UTF-8 extended characters are not supported (yet).
☞ Only ARM devices supported, no Intel (yet).
☞ Not really a bug, but you need approx 240MB free! be sure there is enough space in FLASH (not sdcard)
We are actively developing ZShaolin and we welcome your bug reports: please report your problems on https://github.com/dyne/ZShaolin/issues and not in the market comments! We do our best to help and improve the software, but you need to make sure your hardware is in a good state and test twice if you can reproduce the bug. And rember this is software for developers and sysadmins: people who read the manuals and love to care about details! ;^)
This application is still in development: by buying it you will support its progress, on our website we also detail how your money is spent.
If you don't have money to pay, you can build ZShaolin yourself: its all made with free and open-source software. To get to the sources follow links from the homepage on https://www.dyne.org/software/zshaolin
Many people supported this development by buying this app: MANY THANKS!
And happy hacking! :^)
This application will let you connect to your device from a PC and execute commands (like "terminal" and "adb shell") or edit files (through SFTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, etc...).
If you like this application, you can consider supporting it by upgrading to the pro version with more feature like:
- Extended notification controls
- Homescreen and lockscreen widget
- Shared-key authentication
- WiFi autostart whitelist
- Automation with intents support
q: How can I access to my device once the application is running?
- File Transfer: WinSCP (http://winscp.net).
- Remote Shell: PuTTY (http://goo.gl/XbTF)
- File Transfer: natively supported by most file managers (like Nautilus or Dolphin), just enter the sftp address displayed as "Location".
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal.
- File Transfer: Cyberduck (http://cyberduck.ch).
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal
q: How can I upgrade to the pro version?
a: If you previously purchased SSHDroidPro on Google Play, the new version will automatically detect it and upgrade to pro otherwise you can unlock it as in-app purchase.
q: Why my transfer speed decrease when I turn off the screen?
a: Enable the option 'Lock Wifi'. If your device is running at least Android 2.3.x, you should get full speed transfer even when the screen is off, otherwise enable the option 'Lock screen' too.
q: How can I use a shared key with Putty/Winscp?
a: You have to generate a key from the application in OpenSSH format and use Puttygen to import/convert it in ppk format. A recent version of Puttygen (>= 0.61) is required!
q: Is root required to run this application?
a: root is optional but not required.
q: How can I automate the application start/stop?
Use the following broadcast intents:
* Scripts Executables
Manage and execute shell scripts and programs in file system.
All executions run over vt100 terminal accepting user input and esc codes (colors, bel, cursor movement ..)
Run them at boot-up and/or on network status change possibility.
Schedule at selected time. (cron jobs)
Show graphical dialogs from running process.
Create widgets at desktop.
Edit and create scripts, also create them from url.
Insert code in your scripts using QR codes.
Share execution output.
Bookmark your scripts.
Test SM_VERSION and/or SM_VERSIONCODE to know if is running inside SManager.
With root privileges you can also execute them as superuser.
* File manager
Browse all phone's file and network files.
zip,tgz,tar,tbz and yaffs2 (nandroid backups) support.
Browse network(including http://) zip files without full download.
Open multiple directories on different tabs.(3 tabs for Ads version)
File linking support(On supported filesystems)
Multiselect from different directories support. (Ads version only support 7 selections from different directories. No limit if selections are in the same directory)
* Root explorer(Rooted device needed)
Automatically mount RO partitions in RW when needed.
Root editor (Allow edit files with root privileges. Configure "Browse as root")
Open and edit ALL files regardless the permissions they have with selected application. Use CAREFULLY(Configure "Browse as root" in order to get this feature)
* Console screen
Volume Up: Mapped to Esc key.
Volume Down: Mapped to Enter key.
DPad press: Mapped to Control key. (Press and then press other key. Not simultaneous pressing required)
Enable "extra gestures" in config screen in order to send Home/End,del/tab,left/right,pgup/pgdown keys. This is very useful to execute shell and ssh connections.
WEIRD CHARACTERS: If you get a lot of [[^ characters, is due you have "extra gestures" enabled and script/program doesn't process them. Use most right side of screen to send standard scroll event, or disable "extra gestures"
* SM Multiselect
Selects automatically files selected in third party apps, like Gallery, inside SM Browser
* External Storage SD Notes
You can install SManager on external Storage SDcard, but you must be know:
- If you are using boot scripts or scheduled script, you will need SMExternalSD app.
- All events like network status change and scheduled scripts while external storage is shared or unmounted will not be processed. Although you have SMExternalSD installed
SManager does not launch executions until external storage is mounted.
Detected some programs/daemons (like dropbear) fails if has stdin closed. Try put "exec 0>&1" to reopen stdin in background executions.
* No ads version features
Execute scripts from widgets without opening console.
No limits in multiselect.
No limits opening multiple directories.
Alias keys in SMConsole.
Hide/show SMConsole/SMBrowser bar with up/down gesture at top of the screen.
This utility is for use with FTDI USB to UART devices. The utility provides a terminal emulation function for use on Android devices. The Android system must use Android OS version 3.2 or later and provide a USB host port.
• The application will open automatically when you plug in supported FTDI device controller like FT232R, FT245R, FT232H, FT2232D, FT2232H, FT4232H and FT230X, FT231X...
• It supports FTDI USB TTL Serial, USB RS232 and USB Hi-Speed cables.
• Suitable for use on any Android platform with Android v3.2 and later versions.
• Provide general terminal UART utility; easily adaptable to a console function.
• Support CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR and XOFF/XON Flow controls.
• Support Baud from 300 to 921600.
• Save file and Send file functions support XModem, YModem and ZModem file transfer protocols.
• USB Plug and Play.
• USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
Some terminal commands have to be executed multiple times. If you do this in a terminal emulator, you need to type in the command by hand. With this app you can set a link (shortcut) to any terminal command which can be executed afterwards by pressing a button. If the command generates an output, it can easily be displayed if needed. Remote commands can be executed by using SSH. Commands can use SuperUser privileges.
Examples for commands that you might want to execute:
★ Reboot device
★ Mount system r/w
★ Mount USB drive
★ Test network connection
★ Control your Raspberry Pi wirelessly
It can connect to the remote device both as Bluetooth master (similar to network client) and as Bluetooth slave (similar to network server).
It provides easy ways to manage the Bluetooth adapter of the local device and to send control keys , alternate keys, function keys and other special keys.
* It is a VT-100/ANSI Terminal Emulator.
* It supports Serial Port Profile(SPP).
* It can play a role in Bluetooth master and slave.
* It can configure SENA Bluetooth serial devices through Bluetooth connection.
* It provides easy and various ways to manage Bluetooth adapter of the local machine.
* It provides easy ways to send special keys.
* It displays sent and received data in terminal pane.
* It displays log data in HEX mode.
Android Terminal Emulator is the Linux terminal emulator light version.
* To work correctly you need ROOT PERMISSIONS and BUSYBOX installed.
* The complete version NO needs to have ROOTED PHONES AND BUSYBOX and you can find it here: "LINUX TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO"
A real Android's built-in Linux command line shell in your hand. The classic Linux terminal windows with full Andorid native commands. The best for Linux users.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, etc...
Give feedback and suggestion. Updates and features are coming to improve app tools and possibilities. Thanks.
HELP THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BUYING "TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO":
Su PadovaApp trovi i ristoranti, i locali notturni, le palestre, i centri benessere e i negozi più in voga. Non sono semplici indirizzi e numeri di telefono, ma ogni locale è completo di descrizione e informazioni sui prodotti, più alcuni dettagli che ti possono aiutare nella scelta, per non avere sorprese!
Ma non solo! PadovaApp è studiata per mostrare le OFFERTE E LE PROMOZIONI speciali in corso. A breve sarà quindi possibile consultare PadovaApp per conoscere, categoria per categoria, le offerte migliori della tua città.
Su PadovaApp trovi:
- Mappa online della città con contrassegni dei locali
- Brevi cenni alla città turistica
- Ristoranti: carne, pesce, etnici, vegetariani, pizzerie
- Locali notturni
- Fitness & Wellness: palestre, benessere, centri estetici, saloni uomo/donna
PadovaApp è in continuo aggiornamento: a breve saranno disponibili aggiornamenti per avere sempre più locali, più notizie, più offerte e offrirti una applicazione più completa e versatile.