Riddle Grid is a clever melting pot of two game mechanics popular among word game fans - word riddle and word search.
In a level of Riddle Grid, a riddle is presented, and the letters that form the solution are randomly distributed on an 8x8 grid. The player's quest is to first solve the riddle, taking hint from the letters. Then, she has to slide the finger on the grid to link up adjoining letters to spell out the solution. The whole process must be completed in 60 seconds to pass the level. The faster the solution is found, the more stars the player can earn.
If stuck, hints are available to help the player pass the level. However, using the hints will permanently lower the maximum star rating the player can attain, so use them sparingly!
There are four categories of riddles:
- What Am I: Brain teasers focusing on word play, enigmas and conundrums.
- Vocabulary Test: What's the word that fits the definition?
- Linking Word: What's the word that is related to all the listed words?
- General Knowledge: Think you know your history and science?
- 600 levels of riddles in three (Casual, Normal and Hard) categories.
- 3 leaderboards to compete with wordsmiths from around the world.