Great for practicing writing and vocabulary building! In order to increase your vocabulary in Chinese, I think it's important to practice writing. This app is great for learning to write the characters. Also, you can hear the correct pronounciation. The only thing that bugs me is that it tells me I didn't get the stroke right if I'm slightly off.
Not user friendly No matter how I rotated my tablet the app wouldn't show properly. I could not scroll. I could not even back out of the application.
Great learning tool I really like this. It was helpful immediately. I have been teaching myself to write characters and I thought I understood stroke order but in some cases I was doing it wrong. This makes it SO easy to get it right!
Basic character practice Seemed to work fine on my gingerbread phone. It tests you on proper strokes to write about 100 different characters. Nothing fancy, but it does a great job doing what it does.
Great, but ... I just can't write 鸟 correctly. The necessary precision on the internal dot is too high.
I love it! I've used many apps to learn to write Chinese and so far this one is the best! It is progressive and you can learn to write 100 characters.
* Added audio prompts for each character
* Added Missed Character List to manage review of difficult characters
* Added alphabetized character index for easy retrieval of any character
* Improved automatic scaling for Android tablets
* Fixed stroke-drawing bug that appeared with some earlier Android versions