* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
This is my beta release, there are quite a few features on the roadmap. Feel free to send me any feedback or requests you don't want to leave here:
via the ravelry group - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dirty-needles
vie email - firstname.lastname@example.org
or message me on ravelry - nebulaespiral.
Keep calm and cast on!
Pattrick combines a flexible and powerful free-text super search that gets you right to what you're looking for, with a mobile-optimised power search that gives you access to all the filters you need to get really specific.
Whether you're looking to make a treat for yourself, a great gift for your niece, or trying to justify buying that gorgeous skein of yarn... Pattrick will find the perfect pattern!
Ask Pattrick by typing freely, like:
- "Drawstring bag using chunky yarn"
- "Ankle socks for 7 year old girl"
- "400m of double knit cotton"
You can even use dictation input to speak naturally and ask:
- "I want to make an aran v-neck sweater for my son"
- "Show me some owl teapot cozies"
- "What can I make with 200m of chunky yarn?"
Refine any search using the full power of Ravelry's filters, with an easy-to-use interface designed specially for mobile devices.
+++ If you have questions/issues: email@example.com +++
Free/Lite version is ad based, the full version can be purchased by clicking on the top/right menu, and then "purchase" -- the full version does not have any ads.
In particular, it allows you to do the following:
* Viewing and updating projects, including upload of photos
* Using unlimited row counters per project
* Viewing your queue, and starting a project or deleting a queue item
* Viewing your needles and hooks
* Viewing your favorite projects and patterns (from a project/pattern details page, you can mark new ones as favorites)
* Accessing patterns and queueing them or starting new photos based on a pattern incl. thumbnail creation
* Accessing projects, queue, favorites, etc. from a friends details page
* Accessing all your ravelry friends
* Accessing your library of patterns
* Accessing friends updates
* Allowing to search for yarns, patterns or other people's projects
* Accessing your stash incl. upload of pictures, and stashing right from a yarn page
* Accessing your subscribed ravelry forums and writing forum posts
* Accessing your personal messages and replying to messages
* Browsing local yarn stores, or from a different location
* Access hot right now patterns right from your home screen using one of the widget (small, medium, large)
Note: this is a work in progress, although it progressed quite fast the last weeks. If you'd like to have something changed, please go to the stash2go discussion forum and post it there: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/stash2go/2948784/
**** Please also note that there might be a good reason why a particular functionality is missing, so please really contact me if you miss something. ****
The great folks at Ravelry offer access to their data to anyone willing to build an app and so, while my lovely wife is knitting the next shawl or hat, I go on and knit her an app for that. In the current version you can see your projects and update the progress as well as upload photos. Also your stashes and the list of favorited projects and patterns can be accessed from the app.
This is just the beginning, I hope to add a lot more in the future. If you like what you see and would like to see more, don't hesitate to shoot me an email with your wishes what to add to the app next.
Have fun with your needles and yarrn!
P.S. Yarrn! is OpenSource available at https://github.com/KoljaTM/Yarrn
Ravulous Hot Right Now is a widget that you can add to the home screen of your Android device. Jelly Bean users can also add it to the lock screen. It shows you a list of the top 5, 10 or 20 most recently popular patterns in Ravelry, sorted by 'hot right now'. You can choose to show knitting, crochet, or knitting and crochet patterns. Once the widget is on your home screen it will update the pattern list automatically, and you can flip through the pattern photos at your leisure. Never again will you be the last to hear about a hot new pattern launch, or miss out on a pattern bargain offer!
If you also have Ravulous v2.0.3+ installed, you can tap on the individual pattern images to see the pattern details screen in Ravulous. Then you can easily look at all the photos for that pattern, full screen them, and check out yarn requirements and pattern notes. You can also purchase or download the pattern, or add it to your Ravelry queue for later.
- This is a widget, not an app. To use it, look under the 'Widgets' section of your app launcher, and drag Ravulous Hot Right Now to a vacant space on your device home screen.
- Ravulous Hot Right Now is not a Ravelry product. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting and looking at pictures of knitting.
Knitting Buddy isn't your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
MULTIPLE PROJECT SUPPORT: No limit to the number of knitting or crochet projects that you can track. Each project has individualized settings.
ROW COUNTER: Track the current row of your knitting or crochet project. The row numbers are displayed nice and big on the main page. Increase (or decrease) the row number by pushing on an actual "button" on a knit background.
REPEAT COUNTER: Track the current repeat row, and optionally link the repeat counter to the row counter. You can specify the number of repeat rows on the project settings page.
DISPLAY PATTERN: Take a screen shot of your knitting pattern and display it on the main project page. This feature is super handy as it eliminates the need to switch between applications or to carry a paper copy of your pattern.
NEEDLE TRACKER / LOG: Track all of your knitting needles. The log displays US, metric, and UK sizes, and allows you to track needle length, material, type, and whether or not the needle is in use.
PROJECT TIMER: Ever wonder how long it actually takes to complete a knitting or crochet project? Use the project timer to track the time it takes to complete each project. Each project has an individual timer that must be manually started/stopped.
RULER: Tired of carrying a separate ruler for to check your tension? Use the ruler feature to make sure that your tension is just right.
NOTES PAGE: Track all of the project's notes, such as yarn, yarn weight, needles, gauge, and other notes. Please email the developer if you have additional items that you would like to track!
GLOBAL and PROJECT SETTINGS: Completely customize your Knitting Buddy experience. The screen can be tailored to according to your preferences, such as showing or hiding features such as repeat rows, knitting pattern, project timer, and project progress.
TRACK PROGRESS: Set the total number of rows for your knitting project, and Knitting Buddy will track your percent complete.
ADD IMAGES / PHOTOGRAPHS: Take pictures of your project at various phases to remember what the project looked like at various stages. Add notes about each image and view the images directly from the app. You can also add screenshots of your patterns that can be viewed from the project page.
FLASHLIGHT: Turn your devices camera into a flashlight to help find difficult stitches.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION: Remove all of the ads from the application and allows you to change the style of your project theme.
CHANGE PROJECT THEME: Change between the standard buttons and more colorful flowers, hearts, and shamrocks.
KNITTING NEEDLE AND CROCHET HOOK SIZE CHARTS: Convert needle sizes between metric, U.S. sizes, and U.K. sizes and crochet hooks between metric, numeric, and letter.
ABBREVIATIONS: Look up abbreviations commonly used in knitting and crochet patterns.
YARN CHARTS: Helpful data to convert different sizes of yarn.
SOCK CHARTS: Common foot sixes for men, women, and children!
Knitting Buddy is now on Ravelry - become one of Knitting Buddy's Buddies at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-buddys-buddies
English to Dutch Translator: Lara van der Zee
Just open the app, tap the microphone and start knitting. Whenever you finish a row say "Finished row" and the counter will increase the row count.
The voice recognition even works when your device is locked, and if you forget to turn it off it will stop automatically after 30 minutes.
If you don't want to use Voice Recognition, you can also use tap and swipe gestures to keep track of your count.
✔ Voice Control (works in background)
✔ Set maximum number for rows and repetitions
✔ Link counts
✔ Save several counters for different projects
✔ Sounds to let you know when you have reached your goal
✔ Personalize your counter with 5 Color modes
With Voice Control you can:
✔ Increase left or right count
✔ Decrease left or right count
✔ Get the current status
If you have registered on LucyNeatby.com, you can now enjoy convenient one-click access to your Notebook, including My PDFs, My DVDs, My Tutorials, and Lucy's YouTube videos. (The videos are playable on your phone or tablet.)
Features of PatternsPlus:
*Pattern Details: Skill Level, Size, Yarn and Needles
*Automatic Updating of Pattern Collection
*Automatic Login to your Account
*Automatic updating of Wish List
*Wish List: Add or Delete Patterns
*One-Click Downloads of PDFs you own
*Quick Links to Destinations on Lucy's Website
*Manual App Update for if you need it
It includes every step of how to crochet your own Starfish. (These are sometimes called Amigurumi.)
This project is fun and simple to make. They will be great for you to give as presents, or as something unique to brighten up your own home.
The app contains full instructions plus plenty of photos.
It also contains tick boxes for every step, so you can record where you are up to. No more losing count of how many rows you've done!
Also included is a list of the materials and tools that you need for each project, with a picture.
As well as the steps for these design, there's also general crochet help included:
* As glossary to explain any crochet terms.
* Videos for six of the common techniques.
* A guide to tools needed for crochet.
The app doesn't have any annoying adverts. There's a gallery page to see the other patterns available.
There is an option in the app the keep the screen on while you're using it.
This allows you to keep your phone at your side to remind you of where you're up to. If you use this option then plugging in the phone's power will keep it on indefinitely.
Download it now!
(The app also can "install to SD card." If you need space on your phone's memory then this means it doesn't take up any space internally. It doesn't affect how the app works at all.)
Do you already know the basics of crochet and are you looking for more?
This app contains a collection of favorite stitch patterns, complete with step-by-step photos to guide you along the way.
This informative guide is written for the intermediate level crocheter. You should already be familiar with the basic stitches: slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, and double treble crochet. For additional help, the app also contains a link to my website with free how-to-crochet videos.
# Align the grid exactly according to their needs.
# Choose from many different symbols.
# Different colors for the symbols
# Insert text
# The symbols rotate automatically to the correct position.
# Zoom, move, rotate the grid. (Two-finger system)
# Eport their creation on image
In the next update:
Do you have questions?
Please write to me.
Designed for knitters & crocheters KPD catalogues PDF patterns enabling you to find patterns that match your knitting requirements and more.
One of the main unique functions is the ability to add patterns to a database to which KPD automatically pre-fills fields such as: Gender, Garment Type, Yarn Type, Yarn Weight/Length, Needles, Gauge, Rating, Notes etc. which you can edit if required.
Once you have updated a few patterns you will be able to use the Filter option to list patterns for those matching fields.
For example, if you want to knit a JUMPER for a BABY and you only have 150 grams of 4ply YARN and size 11 NEEDLES then filter to only show the patterns that match these requirements.
Database pattern records can be viewed by text or in a gallery style. Selecting a pattern opens a dialog where you can perform actions like View, Match, Edit pattern etc.
Pattern text can be viewed alongside multiple row counters and markers to highlight your progress. Pattern text can also be edited to suit your needs.
"My Yarns" enables you to catalogue your own wool stash and optionally will list yarns that are suitable for a chosen pattern or list patterns that can be completed using a particular yarn.
KPD comes with a built in bespoke web browser that enables you to download patterns directly into the app. For patterns not in PDF format you can use the built in page2pdf function to convert any web page into a PDF pattern.
Also comes with many handy knitting calculators and much more:
• ounces to grams
• needles to wool size
• sleeve reduction
• row increase/decrease calculator
• 2 sock pattern generators
• yarn substitutions, including feet, yards, meters, ounces and grams
• abbreviations reference
• multiple row / repeat counters with or without pattern text display
• button spacing calculator
• needle sizes reference
• pattern gallery view
• star ratings
• built in pattern browser for easier downloading of patterns
• built in web page to PDF conversion for patterns not available as a PDF download
• add pattern images from pattern, camera or file
• add and edit all categories, i.e. add a new garment type "hats"
• my needles, catalogue your own needles
• my yarns , catalogue your yarn stash
• PDF pattern image & text extraction
• size guides - tops, hats, socks, gloves etc
• backup & restore functions to move data between devices
• gauge calculator
• Transfer your existing KPD data
• No in app advertising
• Customisable miscellaneous categories
• Restore databases or shared preferences independently of each other
• Delete individual database tables
• Configurable Craft types, previously (Knit/Crochet/Machine only)
• Project timers
• New 'Counter with Pattern' with images
• Configurable counter sounds
• Add multiple pattern / project images
• My yarns import
• My Yarns gallery view
• My Yarns bar code scanning
• My Yarns shop search
• My Yarns unit cost
• My Yarns decimal quantity owned
• Pattern scroll lock
• Stitch increase / decrease row counter within existing counters
• Clone pattern to make project patterns
• Configurable "Counter with Pattern" highlight line color and thickness
• Add / Edit abbreviations
• Gauge calculator
KPD has lots of in app and on-line help:
and a dedicated on-line user forum:
Plus unrivalled app support
NOTE: There is a free version of KPD, if you don't mind adverts and with less functionality.