If you see a historical site or topic that is not covered in your area of the city, check back often because we will be adding new material on a monthly basis. If you would like to suggest a site or become involved in developing digital stories, reviewing content, or collecting regional history please contact us via email at DIGITALHUMANITIES@CSUOHIO.EDU, on Twitter at @CLEHISTORICAL, or on the web at CSUDIGITALHUMANITIES.ORG.
Interactive map with hundreds of historical locations and topics (with more added each month)
Oral history audio
Search and browse topics or use the map to see nearby points of interest
Concept and content: Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University (csudigitalhumanities.org)
Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Powered by: Curatescape (curatescape.org)
Department of History and College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Cleveland State University
Michael Schwartz Library at Cleveland State University
“Zoorassic Park at Hogle Zoo” is the perfect way to learn as much as you want about your favorite dinosaurs – while having a lot of fun doing it!
Join the already captivated audience as the story unfolds with
- Beautiful hand-drawn illustrations
- Captivating original music
- Professionally-narrated text
- A cast of quirky animals
- And a curious little girl!
When a little girl visits the zoo, she finds herself wishing the animals were quiet.
To find out how her plans backfire... get the app today!
Be Quiet, Zoo! is the perfect story to be read to children of all ages this holiday season.
- Friendly Zoo Animals spread across 6 Continents!
- Fun games and activities!
- Beautiful original artwork!
- Cute animations and sounds!
- No third-party advertising!
- No in-app purchases!
Developed to be played on all Android Smartphones & Tablets, Discover English with Ben & Bella - Learn all about the Zoo App is the first in a series of interactive applications to encourage children up to 7 years old to discover English and expand their English-learning skills. Approved by teachers, parents and toddlers alike, the app focuses on simplicity and ease of use.
Like all Ben & Bella products, it is based on the pedagogical principle of immersive learning, in which children acquire new words by simultaneously hearing and “seeing” them and understanding their meaning through the context. Children are plunged into a complete English-language environment that is lively, varied and – above all – lots of fun.
With this app, your child’s knowledge is boosted by:
*learning the names and sounds of 34 different animals
*reading, understanding and counting numbers from 1-10
*learning about size, distance, patterns and grouping
*being introduced to concepts such as small–big, near–far and odd one out
*enhancing problem-solving skills
*improving fine-motor skills
The 7 different games included in the app are:
* Find the Animal: After hearing their names, children must find the right animals. This game teaches animal names and sounds; it also encourages concentration and correct pronunciation.
* Matching Pairs: Search for the animals hidden behind bushes and rocks and find the matching pairs. This game teaches animal names, sounds and the concept of grouping; it also trains children’s memory.
* Find the Color: Pick the right color on a multi-colored animal. While teaching the names of colors, this game encourages children to listen and look carefully.
* Pick the Odd One Out: Find the odd animal in the group. Children must concentrate in order to distinguish one from the other.
* Find the Biggest/Smallest Animal: Children must identify the biggest or smallest among groups of similar animals. This game teaches animal names and trains children to focus.
* Count the Number of Animals: This game’s “read aloud” function allows children to count the number of animals, enhancing their number learning and counting skills.
* Find the Farthest/Nearest Animal: Children must identify farthest or nearest among groups of similar animals. This game teaches animal names and how to distinguish distances.
* a full English voice-over
* an interface that toddlers / pre-schoolers will find simple and intuitive
* a “read aloud” function that helps in pronunciation of words and numbers
* colorful high-resolution artwork and lively music that keep children engaged
* interactive animal stickers allowing children to create their own zoo
* a reward screen showing a child’s achievement
After finishing certain games, children will enjoy creating their own zoo on the screen by picking animals of their choice; these can be saved to the photo gallery and also e-mailed to friends and family. The reward screen featuring a child’s achievements compels him or her to perform better.
Engaging, entertaining and easy to understand, the Discover English with Ben & Bella - Learn all about the Zoo App enhances young children’s English learning while they are having fun. Don’t let your child miss out!
- Beautiful hand drawn images of animals from A to Z.
- Helps children learn eye hand coordination.
- Helps children learn the alphabet.
- Entertains your children.
- Helps children associate words with pictures.
- Universal app, you get basically 2 apps for the price of 1.
- Easily share your creations everywhere.
- Easy to use.
✓ Walkthrough video
Please remember that all your ✮✮✮✮✮ reviews help us keep supporting this application.
✓ More info