You also have the option to show the signal strength as a percentage on your device's task bar.
The app is constantly updating the signal strength so you can walk around your house, work, or anywhere your connected to WiFi to find the best connection.
NOTE: For people upgrading, some *permissions* are being listed as new which are not in the app, this is a Android bug, check the permissions in your phone settings to confirm these permissions are absent. See https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63898
NB We never access or read your messages or contacts list. We only need that permission to count your calls and texts to help you keep track of usage.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection.
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ Keep track of your monthly data, text and voice usage so you don’t go over your limit.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or BBM not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Facebook, Instagram or Twitter too slow to be enjoyable? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
We map- Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
Two widgets, one for mobile- and one for WiFi-signalstrength.
(If you can't find widgets, please copy the app to phone memory)
I have put special value on the visualization of the WiFi and mobile signal strength. They are normally only divided in weakly, good and excellent. Graphically in the form of mostly "only" three to five bars on the Mobile Radio and three to five "waves" by a WiFi connection.
In my app I differentiate the signal strength in total 14 bars. This will give you a quick visualized and detailed information about how good the signal strength is really.
In addition to the much more sophisticated graphical representation of the signal strength you will see some more interesting information.
In "Mobile Signal":
Network operators, Sim operator, phone type, network type, network strength in dbm and ASU, data state, data activity, country code of the mobile phone, device ID, IP address, roaming state.
In "WiFi signal":
WiFi-Name (SSID), BSSID, MAC address, maximum WiFi speed, IP address, external IP address, net capability, net channel, subnet mask, Gateway IP address, DHCP server address, DNS1 and DNS2 address.
If you like the app, please give me a positive rating in the market.
The Pro version (compared to the free version) has no ads, a NEW cell tower database with more than 22 million entries, a NEW MOBILE SIGNAL TRACKER function that generates a KML file for use with Google Earth, more widgets, a MOBILE SIGNAL LOST SERVICE and much more.
Super lightweight app 400KB
Just one click to increase its signal
-Low battery consumption!
- Gets better and stronger signal.
- Improves your sign and your WIFI connection.
- Optimizes your WiFi to get better reception.
You get an automatic access to available Wi-Fi. Without having to know any parameters and network settings – osmino Wi-Fi will do it for you.
You can also share the password to a known Wi-Fi network and make it available to other osmino Wi-Fi users, just select "Share" and agree by filling checkbox.
To access the wifi hotspots database whenever and wherever you are without having to connect to the Internet you can download the data to your device and use the augmented reality. Place your phone on the space around you and you will see where, how far away from you is the nearest hotspot, its name, users’ reviews of the connection speed and the location comfort rating.
osmino Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is a great way to improve the quality of communication through Viber, Skype, WhatsApp, ICQ and other instant messenger services and VoIP, 3G when the signal is not strong enough, or if you do not want to incur additional costs for mobile 3G Internet. Use social networks Facebook, VKontakte , Twitter and Instagram with osmino Wi-Fi easier and cheaper, this app will allow you to get an opportunity to significantly increase the speed of the Internet connection of your smartphone or tablet. Video calling, voice, streaming video, downloading movies and music, or just surfing the sites - all this will be made much easier if you have installed a mobile application osmino WiFI: Free WIFI.
Information about public hotspots is automatically set on map, according to the data received from users’ devices. When you connect to any public network we receive on our server the network location, name and access settings and automatically show it on the map.
So we create the use-proven public Wi-Fi hotspots map based on users’ data. The more users subscribe to osmino, the more disposable wifi hotspots there are on the map.
Heading for a new place? Going abroad? Don’t want to pay for roaming? Then discover available Wi-Fi hotspots in point of your destination on Wi-Fi map. Enjoy your trip and free and fast internet across the world.
If osmino Wi-Fi doesn’t run on you device or there are any bugs, please, contact us email@example.com. We closely examine all of the feedback.
It's not a Wi-Fi hacker app!
There are already nearly 5 000 000 wifi hotspots on osmino map in more than 50 countries.
Is improved handshake connection between access point to different powers.
Seeing to believing.
• Upload or download multiple files at once
• Upload entire folder structures (Google Chrome only)
• Delete, rename, copy, zip or unzip files
• Compatible with all modern operating systems that provide a web browser (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
• Password authentication (optional)
• Shortcuts to photo, video and music directories
• Runs as a background service
• View photos directly in your web browser
• Autostart service when connected to home network (optional)
• Provides access to external SD cards and USB storage devices
• Works while the device is in hotspot mode
• In order to use this app, your computer and your phone need to be on the same local area network.
• If you would like to use this app on public WiFi networks, please make sure to set an access password in the app settings.
ADVANTAGES OVER THE FREE VERSION
• This paid version allows you to upload files of any size while the free version is limited to 5 MB per file.
Feel free to send any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full explanation of why SkipLock was created, see this blog post: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/
This app is NOT the unlock key for SkipLock. Do not buy this app if you want to use SkipLock.
Tired of entering your password every time you turn on your phone? Unlock With WiFi™ unlocks your phone when you're connected to your home WiFi network. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?
Unlock With WiFi is the leading password convenience app on the market. It's focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn't quite right.
How it works:
When you get home and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again. You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect. This is great for SMS texting!
You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds (you can adjust it), so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password. This feature is considered experimental at this time. It works on most devices, but isn't guaranteed to work on all devices.
There are also battery saving options to:
Turn off WiFi when you leave home
Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home
Turn on Auto Sync when you get home
If you have trouble with this app, please email me. Don't give me a bad review until I have a chance to help you get it working! Send an email with Unlock With WiFi in the subject to email@example.com. If it doesn't have Unlock With WiFi in the subject, it will be filtered as spam.
IMPORTANT: To uninstall this app, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won't work if device admin mode is enabled.
WARNING: This app doesn't work on some phones. Please read this description carefully, and the FAQ. http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
The app is not compatible with Motorola Skip or Dots.
Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
It won't work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
It won't work if your employer enforces a password policy on your phone. Some corporate Exchange email users have this.
Only PINs and passwords can be used in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported.
Unlock With WiFi is incompatible with some antivirus and battery saver apps. See the FAQ for details.
Make sure to exclude Unlock With WiFi from your task killer apps, or it won't work properly.
See the FAQ for more details http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/eula.
Wifi Fixer is a background service that works around several problems with Android wifi, including: Wifi shows connected but internet data not available Known network in range but not detected Best network not used Supplicant frozen Supplicant in (likely by heuristic) failure state
Apps can’t prevent disconnections or boost low signals.
Wifi Fixer will detect and attempt recovery when these problems are detected.
You can tune your Wifi Acess Point's settings to minimize disconnections. Please refer to Wifi Fixer’s help documents for more information.
Current version: 184.108.40.206
Read Known Issues in app's built-in documentation
For full changelog, click on the project site linked in Developer Info
Don't use market comments for support: Please use email or project site linked in Developer Info.
Wifi Fixer is an Open Source project.
Rooted Users: If you use a utility to revoke permissions, Wifi Fixer will crash. All are necessary and documented at https://wififixer.wordpress.com/wifi-fixer/app-permissions/
Wifi Fixer has no ads and never will.
**Tasker users!** Wifi Fixer has had intents you can use for some time. See https://github.com/Zanshinmu/Wifi-Fixer/blob/master/wififixer/src/org/wahtod/wififixer/IntentConstants.java
Wifi Booster is a free application.
Wif booster analyze poor wifi signals and run perfect wifi optimizing script to improve wifi.
Some background Operations are working inside you android device booster for do some automated Optimization, So try to keep this app in your device, Also use wifi booster After connect to Wifi.
Wifi Booster Not only improving signal strength it also optimize your wifi settings to get maximum wifi speed.
Wifi booster comes with a variety of scripts that are developed by Expert Engineers on Networking.
Wifi booster scripts are developed considering all the available versions of android, All the brands providing Android devices, All types of Custom ROMs, That means Wifi Booster Work in All Android Devices.
To Boost wifi ,
1) First Enable Wifi,
2) Open Wifi booster Application then
3) Click on the Big Boost Button , Sit back and Relax. Within a few seconds the Wifi booster completes boosting your wifi signals.
As wifi booster is only contain one button That make you easy to use Wifi booster.
Please add a desktop shortcut for wifi booster for fast access.
Try to be up-to-date with wifi booster for improved results.
No need to be a techie person to do all the wonders of wifi, let this app do it for you!
* Featured on Life Hacker, PC World & Android Central and recommended by Motorola! The ORIGINAL, best, steadiest and most popular WiFi file transfer app with now over 1 million users across all app stores worldwide! *
Browse, transfer, download, upload, delete, copy, rename, stream and manage files that are on your Android device, using a web browser via a WiFi connection.
No more taking your phone apart to get the SD card out or grabbing your cable to access your camera pictures and copy across your favourite MP3s.
"I wholeheartedly recommend going the wireless route with WiFi File Explorer!" - PC World review - 5 stars.
"Best couple of bucks I ever spent." - Top app of 2011 - from Android Central's Jerry Hildenbrand.
1. Using a web browser, you can browse and download all the files on your Android device without the need for a cable. Download entire directories with one click which no other similar app offers;
2. Multiple batch file uploads and downloads to save you time when transferring many files at once from your computer to your Android device or vice-versa;
3. Backup your entire SD card or just backup individual directories with one simple click – for example, backup all your photos just by downloading the Camera directory!
4. Download a streaming media playlist to allow you to quickly flick through and stream all the stored media files in a directory into a media player on your computer. This is a unique feature not offered by other apps;
5. Create brand new directories and delete/rename/copy/zip/unzip files - the perfect file manager;
6. Use the one of a kind gallery viewer to create a slide show of all your camera pictures directly from your Android device. Simply click on a picture’s file name to launch the gallery viewer and then hit the play button to enjoy all your pictures in the web browser;
7. Search box so that you can find any file on your Android device;
8. Select between thumbnail and detail views to choose the best method to quickly browse your files. Thumbnails are supported for both pictures AND videos!
9. It is also uniquely an installer, so automatically install app files with just once click in the web browser;
10. With with one simple click you can set any audio file on your device to become your ringtone;
11. View all the camera pictures and videos or listen to all the music on your Android device streamed directly in a web browser. Use shortcut tabs to quickly view ‘All Music’, ‘All Pictures’ and ‘All Videos’ stored on your device, no matter which directory they are in;
12. Runs as a service in the background so you can use other apps while you are making transfers;
13. Simple to use with no set up or buttons – it just works!
14. Password protected to prevent unwanted access;
15. Ability to configure the port settings;
16. Full support for special characters in file names which competitor apps do not support;
17. Visual indicators and stats of how much free space is on your Android device as well as real-time indicators of how much battery and WiFi signal you currently have;
18. Send an email to the web link from the app for easy connection;
19. Special “Development Goodies” mode to enable SSL protection – email developer for details!
20. LOTS more features in development;
* Before emailing, check FAQs at http://dooblou.blogspot.com *
* Follow @dooblou on Twitter for all the latest news and updates as they occur *
* Find us on Facebook – Search for ‘WiFi File Explorer’ *
If you do have problems using this application on your WiFi network, it is most likely a configuration problem with your router/network. Please contact the developer if you have any questions and he may be able to help you ... but please don't rate low because your network isn't configured properly - that isn't the application’s fault ;)
Some things that you should note:
You MUST be connected to a WiFi network! This app will refresh WiFi connections & improve WiFi signal.
1.) Turn WiFi "On" in device Settings.
2.) Connect to WiFi network & sign in if it's a secure network.
3.) Press WiFi Boost
4. Let the app run its course and optimize your connection. This can take a few minutes depending on your connection.
This FREE WiFi Signal Booster application allows you to boost WiFi and improve WiFi signal on your Android phone or tablet for free! This app is not designed to crack secure WiFi networks or hack WiFi signals. This WiFi booster is designed as a fast and simple way to refresh wireless signal from your WiFi network and give you the fastest WiFi signal available.
A free WiFi signal boost can be achieved simply by using this app when you connect to a WiFi network and press the WiFi booster icon on your Android device to Boost WiFi and improve wireless signal. This app works in a similar manner to when you unplug your wireless router and wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in to boost wireless signal/ reset wireless connections.
An app (free or paid) can not unlock secure WiFi networks or move a wireless signal closer to your device. It also can not make the wireless router send out a stronger WiFi signal. What it CAN do is to refresh the WiFi connection and give you the best possible connection to the wireless network without the hassle of going into your phones settings to disconnect your WiFi signal and then reconnect it.
If you have any questions or need help getting the free WiFi Boost app to work, please feel free to contact us about how to boost wifi signal or how to use the wifi signal boost app.
This free app should boost wifi reception and improve wifi reception on your Android phone or tablet! Be sure to reset your wireless router if you are still having problems connecting.
We show you how to improve your Wi-Fi. How to make your wireless broadband stretch further, download and upload faster, and work more consistently, without spending a fortune.
When it comes to wireless performance, there are actually two main factors to consider: range and speed. Yes, you can have one without the other. For example, it's great having a speedy wireless network, but if you only get great speed when you use a wireless client right next to the router and get no signal when you're only 15 feet away, then speed doesn't mean much. You need to boost the signal's range.
- Display a diagram for you to analyze your signal strength. So you can move your mobile or pad near to your network hotspot to get a faster WIFI speed and increase your WIFI signal strength.
-Refresh and reconnect to your WIFI router immediately.
- Recover your lost wireless signal automatically just by one simple click.
-Easy for using.
Enjoy it for free.
More from developer
1. A simple 1X1 or 2X2 Widget without taking too much space
2. A convenient Status bar notification
3. A detailed network information Screen.
IMPORTANT: Samsung users - Read the notes
The App gives a wealth of information on the network, can be extensively customized to suite any theme and there are also notifications for out of service and roaming conditions.
1. Network Signal strength in dBm.
2. Themes with extensive customization
3. Out of service and roaming notifications.
4. Realtime/Battery Saving Mode.
5. LTE/EVDO Mode for data signal strength.
6. Advanced Network Neighborhood
7. Detailed Network Info - Access point, Network type(EDGE, GPRS, EVDO, 3G, 4G, LTE, HSDP, IDEN, CDMA, HSUPA, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA+),Operator, Phone type, Data network, IP Address, downloaded, uploaded, IMEI/MEID/ESN, Manufacturer, Model, Branding, MCC, MNC, CID, BER, LAC, Ec/Io, SNR, RSRP, RSRQ, CQI, TA, TAC, CI.
Pro Features(Inapp Purchase):-
2. Additional Measurement Units - Percentage and ASU
3. Airplane or Restart Mobile Connection only without disturbing WiFi, NFC etc(Not available for >= Android 4.2)
4. Four Widget Styles
5. Signal Strength in Status Bar in percentage
6. Hexcodes for precise color theming
7. Service Notification tones
1. Signal Refresh. A very few ROMs are not supporting signal strength refresh. If the Network Type and the Carrier are updating correctly but the signal strength is not updating then this is a sure sign of a broken ROM. This is a known issue and not a problem with the App.
2. If you cant find the widget in the list of widgets after installation change the orientation of device with the list of widgets opened. This will cause the list of widgets to get refreshed.
3.Permissions - The app requires requisite permissions for accessing the info shown in the Network Info screen and showing the Google ads.
4.The Pro and Free(with inapp unlock) apps are seperate apps and billed seperately by Google. The Pro App has been unpublished. Existing paid users will not be affected. More on this is in the FAQs on my website thinksparks.com
Please give feedback by email also to firstname.lastname@example.org
As the title says the app displays the Partition table of your Android phone. This app will give you details of your android folders like System, Data, Cache and Sdcard. In addition it also makes a best effort to give details on all unmounted partitions so that you can have a complete birds eyeview of your Android storage.
Now the app has been expanded to cover many different device filesystems used by different vendors.
Permissions. The Internet permissions are required for the ads and analytics.
keywords: mtd, mmc, fuse, ubifs, emmc, sdcardfs, nand, stl, bml, partition table, space, free, storage, sdcard, data, system, cache, sdext, recovery, boot, misc, by-name, by-num
The new 2x2 widget will also show the number of satellites having ephemeris and almanac data in addition to accuracy. Almanac(Imprecise) and Ephemeris(Precise) are satellite data cached in the GPS engine. The almanac data validity is in months. The ephemeris data gets invalidated in a few hours. If you get more satellites with valid ephemeris then you will quickly get location fixes with good accuracy.
Operation:- Tap the widget to start it. It will run for the duration you set in the app and stop automatically. This is a battery saving measure. If you want to stop before it auto stops just tap it again.
1. No of satellites
2. Mean GPS signal strength(SNR)
3. Two Widgets 1x1 and 2x2
4. No of satellites with valid Almanac
5. No of satellites with valid Ephemeris
6. Accuracy in meters
7. Color gradients
8. Vibrate on Fix
9. Stop on fix
Premium Features(Inapp Purchase):-
2. Tones on Fix and Fix Lost
3. Notification Color change on Fix and Fix Lost
After installation if you cant see the widget in the list of widgets just change the orientation of the device while the list of widgets is opened. This will refresh the widgets list.
Permissions. The app requires internet permissions for Billing, Google ads and Analytics.
Email any feedback to me.
Color codes in 1x1 widget :-
WiFi - Orange
Cell - Green
Battery - Red
Storage - Blue
- WiFi Signal Strength
- Mobile Signal Strength
- Battery level
- Storage level
- WiFi Linkspeed and Access point
- Mobile Network type and Operator
- Battery voltage and Temperature
- Selectable storage directory
Premium Features(Inapp Purchase)
- Ad Free
- Background and Text Colors and transparency for Widgets
- Translucent Widgets (New)
1. If widget is not available in the list of widgets soon after installation then tilt the device after opening the widget list. That should refresh the widgets list.
2. Some ROMs do not support mobile signal refresh. Check before unlocking premium features.
3. The internet permission is for Google Ads and Analytics
Send feedback also by email.