Medicare & Medicaid Services) has allowed for a trial reporting period, meaning that therapists would not be penalized for incorrectly submitting or omitting G-codes until July 1, 2013.If G-codes are not properly submitted in documentation and billing after this date, therapists services claims will not be paid.
Functional Reporting is required of:
-Skilled Nursing Facilities (for beneficiaries in a Part B stay)
-Home Health Agencies (for beneficiaries who are not under a Home Health plan of care,
are not homebound, and whose therapy or other services are not paid under the Home
Health prospective payment system)
-CORFs (PT, OT, and SLP services)
-Hospitals, including beneficiaries in Outpatient and Emergency Departments, and
inpatients paid under Part B
-Critical Access Hospitals
-Therapists in Private Practice: Physical Therapists (PTs), Occupational Therapists (OTs),
and Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs)
-Physicians: Medical Doctors (MDs), Doctors of Osteopathy (DOs), Doctors of Podiatric
Medicine (DPMs), and Doctors of Optometry (ODs)
-NPPs: Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs), and Physician
This Application will help therapist understand billing for G-codes and remain complaint with CMS.
G-Codes with short descriptors,Severity/Complexity Modifiers and some Functional Test and Measurement Tools are summarized in one page for easy access/reference.
Medical Doctor is a perfect medical reference application for physicians, medical students, nurses, physician assistants, and anyone else in the medical field.
This app contains all of our other apps ("Heart Sounds", "Lab Values", "Obstetrics", and "Notes and Orders,"), as well as history & physical guide and pediatric information. It has the latest up-to-date medical information in an easy-to-use application and offers many features that are useful in the hospital, clinic, nursing home, medical school, nursing school, etc.
When you buy this app, you are guaranteed future updates containing more applications/components!
- More than 20 playable heart and lung sounds with information on murmurs, rubs, gallops, wheezing, rales, etc.
- Cardiac and pulmonary auscultation diagrams
- Heart and Lung sounds quiz!
- More than 100 searchable Lab Values with descriptions of each
- Labs include: hematology, chemistries, urine, CSF, synovial fluid, pleural fluid, endocrine, body fluids, toxicology, and therapeutic/toxic drug values.
- Fishbone diagrams
- History & physical exam information featuring ROS, CAGE, and SIGECAPS
- Glasgow Coma score and Neurological Exam information
- Five dermatome maps
- Notes & Orders including Admit/Transfer orders, On Service notes, SOAP notes, Discharge notes, Pre-Operative notes, Operative notes, Post-Operative notes, and Procedure notes
- OB Wheel with personalized screening. Enter your LMP, due date, or ultrasound information, and calculate important pregnancy information, including recommended screening tests for that gestational age.
- Initial prenatal visit recommendations
- Routine prenatal visit recommendations
- Common triage work-ups (including labor check, preterm labor, hypertension, decreased fetal movement, vaginal bleeding, spontaneous rupture of membranes, and nausea and vomiting)
- Step-by-step guide for fetal heart rate interpretation with strips
- Pediatrics information including developmental milestones, APGAR scoring, immunization schedules, and delivery date estimation
- Fishbone Widget
- And much more...
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
PEBMED IS THE # 1 MEDICAL APP PUBLISHER IN BRAZIL FOR 14 MONTHS WITH 20+ APPS ON THE TOP 100.
WHITEBOOK EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Medical prescriptions accompanied by integrated calculator for quick calculation of drug dosages according to the patient's weight.
- Exclusive calculators for unit conversions and calculations of continuous infusion.
- List of medications available and their prices from "Popular Pharmacy" SUS program, fundamental tool for ambulatory practice in units of SUS.
Extensive Requirements Guide which includes more than 200 commented models, including:
* Cardiology: HBP; Aortic Dissection; PE; AF; Digitalis Intoxication and by Warfarin; STEMI or NSTEMI; DVT;
* Surgery: cholecystitis; Acute Intestinal Obstruction; Pre and postoperative;
* Toxicology: Alcoholism; Ophidian accident; anaphylaxis; Carbamate poisoning; Abstinence Syndrome;
* Endocrinology: Thyrotoxicosis; Ketoacidosis/HHS/DM;
* Nephrology: DHE; nephrolithiasis; rhabdomyolysis; Nephrotic Syndrome;
* Gastroenterology: Pseudomembranous colitis; Infectious diarrhea; Acute Pancreatitis; Upper digestive bleeding; SBP; hepatic encephalopathy;
* Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Abortion; Prenatal care; Postpartum hemorrhage; mastitis; Pre-eclampsia; Premature Obstetric Labor;
* Infectious: Biting; Needlestick accident; Infection of Skin and Soft Tissue; ITU; fever; sepsis;
* Neurology: stroke; Convulsive crisis; headache; dizziness; delirium; meningitis; TCE;
* Pediatrics: Anaphylaxis; asthma; malnutrition; diarrhea; hydration; Kawasaki's disease; meningitis; AOM; ITP; Acute Chest Syndrome; Sd. Acute febrile; nephritic syndrome; prematurity;
* Pulmonary: Asthma; COPD; hemoptysis; pneumocystosis; Pulmonary tuberculosis;
* Rheumatology: Rheumatoid Arthritis; Systemic Lupus Erythematosus;
* Preparation for exams, outpatient complaints and support for critical patients.
• Evolution: ambulatory, ward and ICU;
• Medical Law: the prescribing guidelines;
• IPD Guide: To supplement the provisions, the application offers a unique guide to antimicrobial therapy/specific antiparasitic.
• Guidance to the Patients: for more frequent ambulatory complaint;
• Management Clinical Manuals: Anticoagulation guide, nutrition and diet, and pain control;
• Drug Pharmacy People: list of presentations and average price.
Questions or suggestions please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
References that assisted in the creation of the App:
• Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine - Dan Longo, Anthony Fauci, Dennis Kasper, Stephen Hauser, J. Jameson, Joseph Loscalzo,18th Ed 2011;
• Goldman's Cecil Medicine - Lee Goldman, MD and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, 24th Ed 2012;
•UpToDate – www.uptodate.com
# To learn more about our references contact us #
Based on the work: "Whitebook Guide prescription, Moura E. C, JORGE L BA, Lanzieri P. G;. 1. ed, Publisher Medical Semiology, 2013; ISBN:. 978-85-915391-3-0. "*
This app follows the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CMS guidelines using CPT and ICD9 coding systems. Useful guide for Physicians, Mid-Levels and Medical Coders and Billers.
There are three elements within each MDM level.
1) Number of diagnoses or management options This element is based on the following:
The number and types of problems addressed during the encounter
The complexity of establishing a diagnosis
The management decisions made by the physician
Amount and/or complexity of data to be reviewed
2) The amount and/or complexity of data or other information that must be obtained, reviewed and analyzed in order to establish a diagnosis is another indicator of complexity of diagnostic or management problems. Examples of procedures that increase the difficulty of this component include:
Obtaining and reviewing old medical records and/or obtaining history from sources other than the patient
Seeking advice from others
Discussing contradictory or unexpected diagnostic test results with another physician
Reviewing the image, tracing, test or specimen ordered to supplement information.
Always remember to document the rationale for ordering diagnostic testing or other ancillary service.
3) Risk of significant complications, morbidity and/or mortality
The determination of risk is complex and not readily quantifiable. The assessment of risk of the presenting problem(s) is based on the risk related to the disease process anticipated between the present encounter and the next one. The highest level of risk with any one presenting problem(s) (as well as associated comorbidities), diagnostic procedure(s) or management options(s) determines the overall risk.
Supported by the nonprofit OpenEM Foundation, WikEM provides a way for medical practitioners to organize online content and cross-reference clinical information at http://www.wikem.org. If you are a medical practitioner, join our contributor community and help edit our content. WikEM is intended for clinicians only and not directly for patients.
WikEM serves a wide range of medical practitioners predominantly among the specialties of emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine, critical care, emergency medical services (EMS), and urgent care medicine, as well as primary healthcare fields such as family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Numerous sources have named WikEM as a key reference for emergency practitioners, ranging from EMTs, paramedics, and other first responders to nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and emergency physicians.
· View your schedule at a glance, right from the homepage
· Receive schedule change alerts and notifications
· View your shift schedule in calendar format
Customize your calendar
· Customize your calendar view with easy color coding
· View schedules by week or month
Send and receive HIPAA-Secure Text Messages
· Text anyone in your schedule through the HIPAA-secure platform
· Keep your text messages confidential even when you’re away from your phone with secure notifications
· Read receipts let you know when your text message has been sent and received
· Keep everyone in the loop with group text messaging
· View your colleagues’ Doximity profile to look up fax numbers, back lines, and emails
Manage your logins, groups and on-call team
· Check who else is on call
· See and add your colleagues’ schedule
· Send pages to your colleagues within Amion
· Calendar data remains easily accessible offline
· Manage your profile and career opportunities
Amion has partnered with Doximity, the professional network for physicians, to build the Amion mobile app.
We would love your feedback! Please send comments, ideas or issues to email@example.com.
MDclick provides HIPAA compliant health information technology and application integration services for physicians, hospitals, patients, and insurance providers meeting new reform requirements, streamlining communication, assisting in improved disease prevention and management, ultimately resulting in cost savings throughout the healthcare industry.
More information: http://mdclick.com
Take control of your medical communications today with MedXCom!
This secure app is for existing physicians and medical office users of the MedXCom service. To learn more about MedXCom please visit our website at www.medxcom.com or call us toll-free at 1-855-MEDXCALL.
• Control personal on-call status
• View patient’s medical history before taking the call
• Secure HIPAA-compliant instant messaging with any healthcare provider in your practice and MedXCom network
• Access history and profiles of recent patients and hear voicemail messages left
• Return patient calls via the MedXCom app with caller id privacy protection
• All calls arranged through MedXCom are recorded and optionally transcribed
Using this app to manage your patient communications allows your practice to bill for reimbursable calls and telephone consults. All calls and data communication are secure and HIPAA compliant. Calls made via the MedXCom app are recorded and archived to mitigate your medical malpractice liability risk and for easy retrieval of call recordings.
To sign up with MedXCom and get enabled for this app, please visit www.medxcom.com or call 1-855-MEDXCALL.