The walking tour in this app begins with the Roman walls, to the Statue of Constantine, to the Viking area, on to the Norman castle built to protect the City. From here we follow the best preserved Mediaeval Street in Europe to understand the wonder of the Minster.
The tour ends with a visit to the church where Guy Fawkes, renowned member of the military arm of the early pursuers of freedom of religion and a visit to the National Railway Museum where the greatest examples of the industrial revolution are housed here.
York is England's second-most visited city after London and is the historic capital of Yorkshire.
• Completely new design to improve your app experience
• Info on 70+ attractions in New York
• New budget feature
• Automatic updates on what's happening in NYC
This is a free full version app to help you plan your trip. Make the most of New York with our many practical tips and enjoy time and money savings in the city.
If you are coming from abroad, the app doesn't require an internet connection to work! Most of the features are offline and there is a ‘Wi-Fi only’ mode for those that do, so you can avoid expensive data roaming charges.
Download the app now and start enjoying the city of New York!
Welcome to Ripon Cathedral.
This is the official mobile guide to the Cathedral and has been created by the Dean and Chapter of Norwich Cathedral in collaboration with the Centre for the Study of Christianity and Culture at the University of York.
• Find out more about Auckland Castle’s many wonderful paintings and treasures
• Go back in time to see how the Chapel looked at different stages in the Castle’s rich history
• Explore a timeline setting the bishops and the Castle in the context of the history of England
Enjoy your visit!
Also featured is an acoustic reconstruction of the cathedral building before it was bombed in 1940. Now you can stand in the ruins and listen to music sung from the High Altar as it would have sounded when the church was intact. Experience the cathedral in a way no one has been able to for over seventy years. (Acoustic reconstruction created by researchers at the University of York and funded by the Dog Rose Trust.)
This app is a guide to over 1200 years of history, literature and devotion in this parish church. Discover the distant past and the living present, take your own pilgrimage and discover the hidden treasures of Shakespeare's church.
- Interactive panoramas of the church interior
- 3D model of the church that moves through nine centuries of growth as you move the model on the screen
- Three guided 'trails' through the church focusing on Shakespeare's church, pilgrimage and hidden treasures