Secure medical chat & referral. Vula helps primary healthcare workers to send referrals directly to medical specialists. Basic version is free forever.
Make and receive referrals for 15 specialities, including Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine and Ophthalmology.
- Get quality referrals with the clinical information you need to decide whether to see the patient or not, including photographs.
- Say when you’re on call or off duty - no more referrals when you’re not at work.
- Get a sound notification when a new referral comes in and attend to it when you’re not busy with a patient.
- Chat to the primary healthcare worker to get more photos or information.
- Make a well-informed decision about whether you need to see the patient in person.
- Archive the case when you’ve seen the patient: that deletes the information off all phones and only keeps it on a secure server.
For primary healthcare workers:
- Short forms guide you in making a referral with the information each speciality needs most.
- Save time! Referrals go to the person on call at your referral hospital, so you don’t need to phone around to find out who that is.
The app was designed to help rural healthcare workers connect with specialist centres quickly and efficiently. We aim to strengthen the referral networks that already exist, to save everyone time, and to help ensure that patients get the right care when they need it.