It is different from most existing products by being free and by its natural language generation with features such as inflection, tenses, using the user's gender (via settings) to alter the first-person sentences and more.
Also, my friends have found using this application to be a fun way to learn basics of new language. :)
The application includes 1000+ icons, categorised and accessible through search. It supports French pretty well, and there is a prototype for English.
Other features include:
* recent pictograms (each category has a tab listing most recently used ones)
* icons tagged with the 6 SPC colors (actions, names, descriptives etc.) for easier identification
* option to display text in capital letters
* option to softly speak each individual word when icon is pressed
* compatibility with both tablets and mobile phones
DONATE TO HELP THIS IMPROVE:
If you liked the application, you may donate to allow me to add new features/improvements much more quickly: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DY6954755BM48
* Make sure you have a text-to-speech engine properly installed (depending on your device, go to “Settings –> Language & Input-> Text-to-Speech output”, or to “Settings->Install voice data” or alike).
* To use French or English you have to set your phone/tablet language to the one you wish to use (go to your phone settings)
The application includes 5000+ ARASAAC pictograms limited to non-commercial use (Creative Commons) that must be redistributed under the same licence.
Author of the pictograms: Sergio Palao / Origin: ARASAAC / License: CC (BY-NC-SA)
LetMeTalk enables you to line up images in a meaningful way to read this row of images as a sentence. To line up images is known as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
The image database of LetMeTalk contains more than 9,000 easy to understand images from ARASAAC (http://arasaac.org). Additionally, you can add existing images from the device or take new photos with the build in camera.
To use LetMeTalk, no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary. Therefore you can use LetMeTalk in almost any situation, like hospitals, nursing home or schools.
At the first start of LetMeTalk, the app will download a data package with all images (about 70MB).
You can find LetMeTalk tutorials at http://letmetalk.info/support
• autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
• speech apraxia
• articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• cerebral palsy
• down syndrome
✔ more than 9,000 images from ARASAAC included
✔ voice support for images and sentences
✔ unlimited creation of new categories and adding new images
✔ pre configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
✔ load / save your current profile (vocabulary)
✔ keep several profiles on your devices and switch fast between them
✔ share your profile easily with other devices
✔ load new profiles from our forum directly within LetMeTalk
✔ switch fast between 2 languages and use LetMeTalk as translator
✔ supported languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Galician, Catalan, Basque
✔ voice, if used language is supported by installed text to speech engine
-Extremely easy to learn and use
-Create beautiful three-by-three Grids
-5 Grids, 9 Tiles per Grid, up to 45 Images
-Add pre-stored images or take pictures using the tablet camera on the spot
-Easily toggle between Edit and Speech Mode
-Switch between grids instantly
-Configure one whole grid in less than one minute!
-It is recommended to use "IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ" as the default TTS Engine. Also recommended to use "IVONA Kendra US English beta" (or the voice of your choice) as the default voice for best user experience. Instructions on how to configure this can be found on the youtube channel below or the user manual.
-It is recommended to use an external speaker for the best user experience
-Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/youtalkaac for easy tutorials explaining how to use YouTalk AAC
-Visit http://www.youtalkaac.tumblr.com for user manual and other information
-Contact YouTalk AAC at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, concerns, and suggestions!
-Acer Iconia A501 10.1''
-ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 10.1''
-Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime 10.1''
TapToTalk turns an Android Phone or Tablet into an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device. TapToTalk makes communication fun, like another “game” on this cool device. Just tap a picture and TapToTalk speaks. Each picture can lead to another screen of pictures.
This free TapToTalk™ app allow users to choose among different sets of AAC albums based on the needs of the non-verbal child or adult. Samples albums are available for children and adults and in different languages; including English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.
TapToTalk is a must have app for special needs children with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, apraxia and other speech delays.
TapToTalk has earned the Parent Tested, Parent Approved Seal of Approval.
Parents of special needs children and adults.. join the AAC revolution with TapToTalk!
If you want to create albums that are individualized to meet the specific needs of your child, you can buy TapToTalk Designer at http://www.taptotalk.com. You can use your own pictures and change the voices. THE FREE APP IS PROVIDED TO ALLOW YOU TO SEE IF IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE ADULT OR CHILD BEFORE YOU BUY OR TRY DESIGNER. TapToTalk Designer comes with a 30-day "No Questions Asked" return policy.
Alexicom AAC lets you use your Android phone or tablet as an augmentative communication device. We offer over 1,200 pre-made pages and over 7,000 images in our public libraries, which include twelve pre-made page sets: ChildPreA/B, Child1A/B, Child2, Child Intermediate, PicSpeechmaker, Adult1, Adult2, Speechmaker, Healthcare, and Spanish Child1. You can easily import these pages into your own online library, customize them, and/or create your own pages. AT&T Natural Voices offer text-to-speech output in 20 voices and five languages.
Because your pages are stored on the Alexicom server, picture importation is easy. You can upload your own pictures from your hard drive, camera, or flash drive, or copy them straight from the internet using any of the popular search engines. It’s as easy as pasting the image URL into the cell you’re editing and pressing ‘Update’. Page creation and linking are equally simple.
Alexicom is not device dependent. Your pages can be accessed from any Mac, PC, or Linux computer, Android or iOS device, or other device with a standard web browser. Pages can be shared between SLPs, teachers, and caregivers and edited without taking the device away from the user. Use your pages online or offline and publish them to multiple devices. Easily print your pages and even use them on an interactive white board.
Free features include:
• In-app page creation and editing
• Direct camera image acquisition
• Bluetooth and direct touch scanning
• Word prediction (XT9 where available)
• On-board text-to-speech in over 25 languages (uses any installed TTS engine in any language)
• Bluetooth & direct touch scanning
• Auto-scan & step-scan
• Sequential & row/column scanning
• Auditory preview scanning
• Automatic home page loading
• Password-protected editing and settings menus
• Ability to merge, replace, and delete pages
• 32 speaking, linking demo pages
This version allows direct publishing of our public library page sets to your Android device. Easily publish an entire page set in 3 + 1 button presses. From the Publish New tab: 1) Select a page set, 2) check Select All, and 3) hit Publish (Merge to keep existing or Replace to erase all). Once the content has been packed, the "Click here to download" link will appear. Click it and the page set will automatically be installed on your device.
Explore Speechmaker (196 pages), PicSpeechmaker (243 pages), Child Intermediate (318 pages), and many other page sets.
IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION: The file structure of the app has changed. You will not have access to content from previous versions. If you install this version of the app, you MUST republish your pages.
If you are updating from a previous version and would like to install the demo pages, please try the following:
1) Press the menu button and select the 'Unzip new pages' tab
2) Press the 'Unzip new' button
3) Select 'Replace'.
4) It should clean up the file directory and ask you if you would like to install the demo pages.
5) Select 'Yes'.
6) It will unzip the demo pages into the new directory.
If you need assistance, please contact us.
PictoVerb is an augmentative and alternative communication app for tablets and smartphones. It transforms universally recognizable symbols into audio sentences, helping people with speech impairments communicate.
Who do we recommend it for?
To everyone - regardless of age - who are hindered in communication because of congenital or acquired conditions. PictoVerb has already given voice to people living with autism, aphasia or intellectual disabilities.
● Hungarian (Magyar)
● Maltese (Malti)
● More to come ( contact us at email@example.com )
● 150 default pictures in 8 thematic categories (Foods, Drinks, Personal care, Sentiments, Clothing, Free time, Tools, Nursing)
● Adjustable button and grid size
● Child Safety Lock protecting the settings menu
● New folders, new pictures can be added, own voice can be recorded
● Easy to use, easy to learn
With the app you can create categories, words and phrases, which are placed on large buttons. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken. It is also possible to type any text using the keyboard.
Speech language and voice
The voice is not part of the app, but the app uses the voice that’s installed on your device. For instance the voices from Google Text-to-Speech. You can change the voice in the settings of your device. You can also download other voices or speech languages from the Google Play Store from companies like SVOX, Acapela or Ivona.
Feedback and information
For feedback, questions, tips or problems, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: http://www.a-soft.nl/speechassistant-tips.html
Designed for tablets and smartphones
The app is initially designed for use on a tablet. But the app also works fine on large smartphones.
Easy to use
1. Click on one of the 12 categories.
2. The phrases and words that belong to the category are shown on large buttons.
3. Click on the buttons to create a message that is shown in the display. Or you can type any text on the keyboard.
4. Click on the speaker icon and the message will be spoken out.
• General Settings: Auto complete, option to prevent double touching and more options.
• Layout and Colors: The size of the buttons, the display and the textsize can be adjusted. It is also possible to adjust the color scheme.
• Categories and Phrases: It is simple to add, change or delete your own categories, words or phrases.
• Speech and sound: For adjusting the sound settings and a link to the Text-to-Speech settings of your device.
• Backup and Restore: Option to backup and restore your categories, words and phrases.
• Keyboard shortcuts for USB/Bluetooth keyboards for Speak, Clear and Show button.
Some of JABtalk features include:
-Navigation designed to be intuitive for toddlers
-Build sentences from words
-Organize words into user-defined categories for simple navigation
-Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word or category for immediate physical feedback
-Ability to rearrange and resize pictures
-Download unlimited number pictures from internet directly into JABtalk!
-Ability to capture pictures directly from your device's camera
-Ability to import pictures from your device's memory card
-Ability to record your own audio for words using your devices microphone.
-Ability to import audio files from a memory card
-Supports text-to-speech if you don't want to record or import your own audio files
-Easy to use passcode protected administrative tools for managing words and categories
-Fullscreen mode to prevent kids from easily exiting app
-Easily backup/restore your data to preserve your changes or move your entire dataset to a different device
-Online tutorials at http://www.jabstone.com/videos
If you are using JABtalk as an AAC device for an individual with special needs (down syndrome, autism, etc...), we strongly recommend having the individual assessed by a speech-language pathologist to ensure JABtalk is the most appropriate solution for the the individual's needs.
Novi Komunikator (plava ikona) izdaje se kao nova aplikacija što znači da korisničke simbole iz starog Komunikatora (narančasta ikona) nije moguće prebaciti u novi Komunikator.
Korisnici starog Komunikatora mogu istodobno koristiti obje aplikacije (stari i novi Komunikator) na svom uređaju.
* A unique ABC keyboard
* Word endings
* List of feelings and needs
* List of names to be customized
* A List of pronouns
Optimized for a 7-10 inch tablet.
The reason that the app is not free is because we donate 5% of proceeds to a new charity each month many of which include autism schools or occupational development centers. If you are interested in being sponsored for a month than please email your request to email@example.com
If you are having any questions regarding the app or if you would like to send additional feedback please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pic-A-Pec works by scrolling through pages of icons, selecting the desired symbol which is visually sent to the sentence area. Upon sentence completion it can be presented to the listener or read out by the text to talk function. Each step of the process mimics physical picture exchange, only the user can do so using a platform that does not attract negative social stigma.
Pic-A-Pec has been developed by a behavioural therapist with experience teaching and implementing picture exchange systems, giving an understanding of the challenges and requirements of meeting the needs of its users. It has been developed as an element to assist individuals and families by being time and cost effective.
Please note: Mayer-Johnson Images in screenshots and video are not currently included with the app.
Keywords: PECS, Autism, AAC, Text-to-speech, non-verbal, ASD
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2011 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker® is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
The App comes with a generic library of symbols which can be added to or altered by the user. Kieran Speaks makes use of some of the Paxoncrafts Charitable Trust icon set.
Kieran Speaks requires a minimum android version of 3.0 (Honeycomb)
Kieran Speaks requires the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE android permission which allows the App to read the contents of your SD card. This is required to allow the user to import custom images from the device.
Grace App is a non-speaking, simple picture exchange system developed for people with Autism to communicate their needs independently. Users can select pictures to form a semantic sentence which they can then share, by tilting the device to create a full-screen view, and pointing at each card to hear the listener read each word.
With practice, the user learns to attempt their own vocalisations with the pictures serving as a back-up or prompt. The goal of the Grace App is to encourage independent social interaction with the user taking control of what they want to say.
Grace App comes with a basic vocabulary of pictures, but it can be fully customized using the device camera, stored photographs or images saved from the internet and added to your device album.
Double-tap a card in the sentence to remove it, and tap and hold on a photo in the Photos category to delete it.
Grace has been improved with the feedback of users world wide - if you have any suggestions or need support, please contact us at www.graceapp.com or visit our Facebook page.
The Grace App Manual, a guide for introducing an augmentative communication system is also available free on the site.
Have Iveta read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a female Czech, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Iveta can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn Czech by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voi
ETI-Eloquence is a TTS engine that you can use in a wide range of applications such as:
- Screen readers and applications for blind people (like Talkback or Mobile Accessibility)
- GPS software (like Google Maps)
- E-book readers (like Play Books)
- Translators (like Google Translate)
- And many more!
The main features of ETI-Eloquence TTS are:
- 10 languages included with a single purchase: US English, UK English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), German, Finnish (Finland), French (France), French (Canada), Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
- Speed and pitch configuration
- User Dictionary: possibility to add, edit or remove words from a dictionary to customize the pronunciation
Once the application is installed on your device, you can make ETI-Eloquence your default TTS engine by going to Settings > Language & input > Text-to-Speech output and checking "ETI-Eloquence TTS" as your default preferred engine.
All Android devices from 4.0 onwards are supported.
-Select from pre-made Affirmations for: Health,Abundance,Happiness
-Select Relaxing and Healing Solfeggio Frequencies - combined with Binaural theta beats
-Create your own Subliminal affirmations - easily with the Subliminal recorder
-Choose your favorite music or audio from your library - playing your selected Subliminal(s) as you enjoy your favorite music or audio
This APP will give you the power of subliminal affirmations and/or healing and relaxing Solfeggio Frequencies, while you listen to your favorite Music or Audio. Easily queue up music or audio from your collection - choose your Subliminal(s) and/or Solfeggio Theta Binaural beats - and presto! The power of your mind will be working for you while you enjoy your favorite Music or Audio. SubListen is easy to use and - lets you create your own subliminal to direct your mind. Now you can create subliminals that are targeted for exactly what you need or desire - and enjoy your favorite music or audio while inspiring your higher mind.
* Easily Add AlphaMind technology to your favorite music
*Alpha Wave Isochronic Tones
*Alpha Wave Binaural Beats
*Healing Solfeggio Frequencies
*Create your own Subliminal Affirmations
Alpha Wave Brain state allows you to feel the energy in every part of your body. Mental chatter, worries and anxiety fade away as your consciousness resonates with the NOW and your mind is focussed, relaxed & ready for affirmations, visualizations & suggestions. Help encourage your mind into the Alpha State with AlphaMind and reach your highest potential. Great for Meditation, Exercise, Studying & Creativity, Peak Performance, Visualization and Manifestation. The power of your mind is in the Alpha Wave Brain state.
AjnaVisions - HealingSpirit - SatoriSND
Audio Brain entrainment meditations using subtle stereo theta wave inducing Binaural Beats set to base Solfeggio Frequencies - with Alpha Pulse Isochronic tones, along with digital stereo live nature recordings and rich deep synthesized tracks - and enhanced with digital sound loops and effects.
- Over 1 hour and 20 minutes of total playtime
- Loop single or all meditations
- Binaural Beats
- Solfeggio Frequencies
- Isochronic Tones
- Theta and Alpha Inducing Brain Entrainment technologies
- Live stereo ambient nature tracks