- Support for hiragana and katakana.
- Examples using both hiragana and katakana.
- Check the stroke order for writing both hiragana and katakana.
- Listen to the pronunciation by a Japanese native speaker.
- Available in 14 languages.
•2 types for drills
•Configurable timeout and rounds
•Hiragana/Katakana reference chart
•Lists of similar Hiragana/Katakana characters
•Japanese word lists for practicing
NOTE: This demo version does not support Katakana, the pro version does
Learn and practice kana with this handy app.
Prepare yourself for trips to Japan.
Try to do different exercises, changing from one to another if you get stuck, and once resolved, repeat those with mistakes until you finish them flawless.You will see how fast you can learn japanese!
You can continue practising to write japanese words in hiragana & katakana with: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.legendarya.learnexperiment.japanese1
“I came across Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics. Thirty minutes later I had memorized all 46 hiragana.¨ - Mark Frauenfelder founder of BoingBoing.net
**If you have purchased the previous version of this app and need to reinstall it please contact us**
The Dr. Moku system uses mnemonics to help you learn the Kana automatically and effortlessly. Mnemonics are memory tricks that use humor or a memorable personal connection to help you fix and break associations. Your brain has no choice but to remember.
Dr. Moku is perfect for the complete beginner or those struggling to memorize Hiragana and Katakana.
• Animated writing guides.
• 2 different Learning modes: Manual (allows you to learn at your own speed) and Autoplay (Each symbol and audio clip play in sequence)
• 4 Quiz types: Visual recognition, audio recognition, writing quiz and reading practice.
• Quick Reference allows you to jump instantly to the screens you want to revise.
• Introductory guide to learning Japanese, with pictorial examples.
Each screen presents a Japanese Kana character along with a mnemonic clue and audio clip. Read the clue, listen to the clip and move on to the next one. The alternating bold colors will reset your brain so you start fresh with each new symbol, allowing you to learn without trying.
If you want to rapidly increase your learning power or just impress your friends, with Dr. Moku's Mnemonic learning system you can automatically and effortlessly learn Japanese.
With Dr. Moku you will be amazed at your ability to learn and recall Hiragana and Katakana.
Don't believe it? Watch the demo video and you will be able to read your first word of Japanese in just 90 seconds.
This application helps you memorize:
- Japanese syllabary :Katakana & Hiragana, with flash card, keyboard, or drawing recognition
- Numbers, in romaji, Hiragana, or kanji
- 2300+ japanese kanji's (level 1-5 JLPT or Jouyou 1-7) with stroke animation (source KanjiVG), translation, readings (Source KanjiDict) with flash card and drawing game.
- 14600+ japanese words (in english) from EDICT with flash card test
- Experimental gramatical particle test (around 100 sentences from project Tatoeba) central to japanese language.
- Tae Kim Japanese Grammar guide.
- new locales (German, Spanish, Russian, Portugues, Thai, Polish, Chinese, Swedish and French), if you can help me adding new locales please contact me.
SD write authorisation for write Database to SD card
Analytic (Flurry.com) and Ads can be disabled in the settings.
-- If at install you have an error "unknown 18", try to remove your MicroSD car and install again. If it still don't work try to send me a mail (thanks for the help Matthiew)
* Complete coverage of all Hiragana and Katakana
* Integrated lessons, charts, quizzes and flashcards
* Audio examples for each kana
* Stroke diagram for each kana
* Test your knowledge of kana 5 different ways
* Tracks your progress
Do you want to study Japanese?
If so, you should memorize the first Japanese characters.
There is an app that allows you to memorize the quickest Japanese character.
Hiragana, of course, will be able to study with them katakana.
This is the biggest advantage of this app.
If the study only one week from the mouth, you will be able to proceed to the next step immediately.
This app provides the following features:.
1. Letter Study
- One character can learn.
- You can write and pronounce to hear.
2. Line Study
- You can study by line.
- You can write and pronounce to hear.
3. 50 Letters Study
- A table of 50 characters can be found in Japanese.
- Comparison of hiragana and katakana is simple.
- Provide the Multiple-choice tests and short answer tests.
- Hiragana and Katakana can check separately.
The application is build on the principles of a memory game that presents a character and five different possible answers. It can be configured to train do hiragana to romaji or romaji to hiragana.
A second part allows to practice writing with the finger or a stylus (e.g. Wacom Bamboo) on the display. Once finished it can be compared to the original including the correct stroke order. Through this active participation the memorization effect is even stronger.
A statistics view gives the learner a better insight into the learning progress. It is also a good thing to stay motivated.
Finally there is a handy character table for Hiragana with Romaji and stroke animation.
A kana table is included to give you an overview of both syllabaries, simply swipe left and right to switch between hiragana and katakana. The table also allows you to add and remove kana from your study set, tap the cards to include or remove them, then return to the flashcards to start learning your custom set.
Your progress through the flashcards is saved between sessions so you can pick up where you left off. There are also options to reverse the cards (to test your romaji-to-kana knowledge), and disable the 3D flip.
23 Japanese lessons to learn the basic concepts and grammatical structures
Each lesson contains a Japanese text, a grammar page, and a culture page to learn Japanese customs and understand how the Japanese think.
JAPANESE KANA & KANJI
Learn Hiragana/Katakana progressively by levels
Learn Kanji by Jouyou Grades and JLPT levels
Manage your personal lists
Listen to the pronunciation of each Kana
Detailed statistics to track your progress and mistakes
Increase the quiz difficulty progressively: easy, medium, hard
Add a countdown to limit the time yo have to answer (for medium and hard difficulty level)
Learn how to draw Hiragana, Katakana AND Kanji properly
900 Common Japanese phrases for real life communication
Learn Japanese phrases with audio clips by a native speaker
Keep your most useful Japanese phrases in your personal list
Take a quiz to learn actively useful sentences
1855 words with audio clip by a native speaker
Take audio quizzes!
Create your personal lists of Japanese words
Comments are added to explain the word when necessary
Search for any word from English or Romaji
500 numbers with audio clips by a native speaker
Listen and understand numbers from 0 to 10,000
Take audio quizzes
Create your personal list
Search a Japanese number from its numerical value or Romaji
Read numbers in Kanji, Romaji or numerical value
60 Japanese particles clearly explained and sorted with examples
45 Japanese counters you should know to count objects in Japanese
1800 Japanese verbs translated and conjugated in many forms
100 grammartical sheets ordered by JLPT that explain easy to advanced Japanese structures with translated examples.
Buying the application thanks to the integrated In-App Billing system gives you access to additional downloadable contents.
Can well memorize to memorize the letters in kwordquiz aside.
Pronunciation from version 1.5 have been added! Button is pressed, you can listen to the sounds of the letters.
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 Ulrich Apel, the AAAA project and the Wadoku project
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the author may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Katakana is special because Japanese write foreign names, borrow words and such using this alphabet.
* You can learn how Japanese write your name using their language
* You can quickly lookup Hiragana & Katakana letters using Romaji if you are a beginner in Japanese
Standard used in the application is Hepburn Romaji. Unlike similar applications handles the conversion more elegantly.
『KANA test』 You can learn the spell of KANA by the audio tests.
『JLPT vocabulary and test』 You can learn the vocabulary anywhere and anytime by the off-line JLPT vocabulary list, test, stroke and example sentences.
『Daily Expression』 You can learn the usage and pronunciation of number, date and time.
『Wrong test collection』 You can consolidate the learning by the wrong test collection.
This is a free application that you can trust.
More functions is developing, any suggestion or comment is accepted by email.
*For your learning, please unload the old version of this app. You will enjoy better learning experience by this new version.
*Thanks http://www.tanos.co.uk/jlpt/ for providing the JLPT vocabulary.
*Thanks http://kanjivg.tagaini.net/ for providing the stroke data.
*Thanks http://tatoeba.org/ for providing the example sentence.
[Copyright Notice] All copyright of the translation of JLPT in this app belongs to the developer of this app. Any form of copying is refused. Any infringement of this app shall be investigated for legal responsibility.
It shows roma-ji (alphabets) along with hiragana letters, so that you won't get lost.
- Very easy to play! Just touch letters that match the image.
- Learn step by step, start with simple questions, then move to the next level.
- Between stages you can play a tiny hiragana memory game!
Katakana version is also available.
Please send feedback by email so that we can improve this app!
With this app, you can learn Roma-ji with using short words.
There are two play modes.
In 'Cards' mode, choose an answer card which has the right roma-ji the Robo asked.
In 'Keyboard' mode, input alphabets and make a correct answer by your own!
In each mode , you can choose the question style. One is "Letter"(one hiragana character), the other is "Word"(more than one hiragana character).
You correct, lose robo's power. Now, it's time to beat the Robo!
This app uses Hepburn system.