Feature highlights include:
★ Hiragana and Katakana;
★ Practice and Test Modes;
★ Stroke directional support and step through;
★ Accuracy statistics and goal-based progression;
★ Randomization based on Accuracy and Frequency;
★ HD Screen Support;
★ Low storage usage.
It is very useful tool for learning basic Japanese - Hiragana, Katakana.
The beginners of Japanese will find this app very useful.
Also, the gaijins in japan will find it very helpful while traveling, shopping etc
*** PLS TRY THIS APP AND SUGGEST IMPROVEMENTS ***
**Internet connection is require for Furigana/Romaji conversion and translation function.
*Customize the font size and color for the text and Furigana/Romaji
*Night mode implemented for better reading in the dark.
*This Ads supported version has a limit of 2500 characters for Furigana/Romaji conversion.
Tags: furigana romaji hiragana katakana japanese kanji reading aid notation 漢字 かんじ ふりがな 振り仮名 ロマ字
Convert any japanese text in romaji/hirgana/katakana/furigana
Step 1: OCR any japanese text with the camera or select any japanese text in any app long click it and send it to Gaijin
Step 2: Enjoy the converted text in Gaijin and tap on any word to get a dictionary lookup
Gaijin offers a lot of settings:
-Furigana,hirigana,katakana or romaji conversion
- Choose between 10 languages for dictionary (English,german,french,russian,swedish,hungarian,spanish,dutch,slovenian,italian)
- insert spaces between kana words in converted text (easier to read for beginners)
* All 107 Hiragana & Katakana
+ Key filtering
+ Keyboard randomize
Finished with Kana?
Get our "Elementary Kanji" app!
With arrows or without arrows to help you learn at your own pace, students will learn the proper way to write the Hiragana alphabet.
★ Does not test for accuracy
★ Free Ad-supported version
★ Language/Speech and Sounds: Japanese
★ Age Level: 1+
★ Title: Japanese Alphabet Hiragana Handwriting For Kids
★ Copyright 2011 TeachersParadise.com, Inc.
* Complete coverage of all Hiragana and Katakana
* Integrated lessons, charts, quizzes and flashcards
* Audio examples for each kana
* Stroke diagram for each kana
* Animated stroke diagram for each kana
* Test your knowledge of kana 5 different ways
* Tracks your progress
Kana mind is not a simple matching or flash card game. It uses an intelligent memorization algorithm focused on teaching character combinations, and then measuring the player's success in matching each combination. As you progress through the game, the symbols become more and more difficult.
Kana Mind will also remember how much time you've spent away from the application, and take that into account when testing you. This makes sure you haven't forgotten any of the matches you had learned previously.
For those looking to learn Japanese, Kana Mind tracks your progress letting you check your stats at any time. Can you get to the end and reach 100% proficiency in Kana knowledge? And for those who already know Japanese, Kana Mind is the best way to retain Kana fluency - playing the game once a week is great to keep your memory fresh.
With Kana Mind, you’ll learn both alphabets before you even realize it!
• Two modes: learn reading and/or writing
• Learn the complete Hiragana and/or Katakana alphabet
• Store multiple player profiles if you share your decide with someone else
• 3 different romaji styles: Hepburn (recommended), Nippon-shiki, and Kunrei-shiki
• Groups of characters (including historical symbols) can be toggled on or off for more focused exercises
• Free application: no ads, no permissions required (I created this application because *I* wanted to use it)
But remember: Kana Mind is not a complete Japanese language course. It will only help you memorize Kana and Japanese romanization in an easy and quick way, but since it doesn't teach you Japanese grammar or vocabulary, it's intended to be used as an aid to an ongoing Japanese course.
Read more about the motivations behind Kana Mind here:
Thanks to Marc Luscher for suggestions and great ideas. Also thanks to our reviewers for comments and suggestions.
• An iOS version is in the works (the project is cross-platform by default), and will be available when I'm done with all the updates I want on the Android version
• Requires Adobe AIR (automatically installed)
Here are a list of updates planned (subject to change):
• Arcade and invisible answer modes
• Cheat sheet reference
• Localization to other languages
• Seamless cloud-saved profiles (for reinstallation, using across devices, etc)
And two big additions that are likely to be a commercial add-in to support development:
• Word/dictionary module
• Symbol drawing module with actual accuracy measurements
• Separate Kanji module
COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? QUESTIONS?
If you have suggestions, questions or bug reports, please send an email to zeh at zehfernando.com.
And thanks so much to our kind reviewers! I'm glad you're enjoying the application as much as I am.
'Kana Test Free' is a simple memory testing tool with a complete Japanese language syllabary table. It facilitates users learning Japanese.
According to the results of each test, you will know your proficiency in Seion, Dakuon, and Youon. Then, you can make targeted learning and improvement.
- Complete Japanese syllabary table, 3 pages (Seion / Dakuon / Youon)
- Each page can be switched Hiragana or Katakana; Learn or Test mode
- Click on syllabary button which will have it's Japanese pronunciation
- Memory test in different pages
- Red button will displayed the test error, which let you make the review and practice
- User can also modify the color of syllabary buttons (Red / Clear) manually
- Last color record will be saved
- Display language: English / Japanese / Korean / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese
Android operating system 1.6 to 4.3+;
Recommended Equipment Resolution: 480x320 or above;
Network access is required;
In test mode, add audio answer when the user has a wrong answer
And thanks for the user "李婧瀠" suggest this advice
Thanks to the user "陳雨葳"
Pointed out that typing error: (リュ)
This has been revised
Thanks to the user "羽岑林"
Pointed out that typing error: (ヂ) & (ヅ)
This has been revised
Bug fixed for Nexus 7
Compatible with Android 4.2.2
Compatible with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
If you already know hiragana and katakana, don't miss Kanji by Hand. It works the same way but comes with all the kanji you'll ever need. It's a perfect way to continue when you're done with Kana by Hand.
Advanced writing tutor
Kana by Hand is smart and tells you when you make mistakes. When reviewing your results, you can click on the answer to see the stroke order animated. You'll be quizzed on the basic characters and words which illustrate their use.
Full hiragana and katakana alphabets
Kana by Hand will teach you how to write hiragana and katakana. It also includes around 250 basic Japanese words that show how the different characters combine to form words.
Spaced repetition for maximum retention
Kana by Hand uses spaced repetition to make it easy for you to learn and remember. Easy stuff is repeated more seldom, and the hard things come back more often. For the best effect, try to do your reviews every day.
Sync your devices
If you have both a tablet and a phone, you can set the same account name on them to get your progress data synced automatically. It also works as a backup of your data in case anything happens to your phone. That's why you need to accept some permissions to install it, so it can access the network and sync your device.
On your device, just go to Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Kana by Hand -> Account Settings and change the account name so it's the same on all your devices.
This package uses data from KanjiVG which is copyright Ulrich Apel and used according to the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.
This package uses data from the EDICT and KANJIDIC dictionary files. These files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's licence.
You can learn how to write the Hiragana and Katakana characters and practice them.
- Hiragana 104 and Katakana 104 characters(total 208 characters)
- Writing practice using your own finger.
- Stroke order and audio for each character.
- Star rating after writing.
Learning Japanese may seem like an impossible task but with Dr. Moku you can master the Kana (Hiragana and Katakana; the two essential Japanese writing systems) in just one day.
Dr. Moku is the perfect solution for learning Japanese for the complete beginner, young or old. It’s the fun and foolproof way to master Japanese.
With this app its easy peasy to learn Japaneasy!
**This Lite version features a limited number of Kana but still has all the great features listed below**
• Audio clips to help pronunciation
• 2 different Learning modes: Manual (allows you to learn at your own speed) and Autoplay (Each symbol and audio clip play in sequence automatically)
• 3 different Quiz Modes: Easy, Hard and Master
• Quick Reference allows you to jump instantly to the screens you want to revise
• Introductory guide to learning Japanese, with pictorial examples.
Each screen presents a Japanese Kana symbol along with the mnemonic clue and the audio clip. Read the clue, listen to the clip and move on to the next one. The alternating bold colors will reset your brain so you start fresh with each new symbol, allowing you to learn without trying.
If you want to rapidly increase your learning power or just impress your friends, with Dr. Moku's Mnemonic learning system you can automatically and effortlessly learn Japanese.
With Dr. Moku you will be amazed at your ability to learn and recall.
Keywords; Learn Hiragana, Learn Katakana, Kanji, mnemonics, Japanese, Heisig, kana, language, Learn Japanese free, lite, Tokyo,manga, anime, talk Japanese, read Japanese, speak Japanese, Japanese for dummies
- you can give different color to the kana to identify different difficult level.
- spoken kana is supported.
- software ui support 3 languages,including English,Simplify Chinese/Tradition Chinese,Japanese.