The App will act as an early warning system for drug addiction designed to assist parents/sponsors to monitor their children's addiction behaviour through innovation.
The impact of substance abuse continues to destroy families, communities and society. The youth are particularly hard hit due to increases in the harmful use of alcohol and the abuse of unlawful drugs. Alcohol and unlawful drugs are also considered a contributing factor to the rise in non-communicable diseases including HIV/AIDS, and psychological disorders. The families of addicts are also placed under significant financial pressures due to the costs associated with theft from the family, legal fees for users and the high cost of treatment.
As a response to the existing high rate of substance abuse in schools and communities, especially amongst teenagers, we have developed an APP that would act as an early warning system for parents. The APP would assist parents and sponsors in detecting the use of unlawful substances before addiction starts. As Parents and Recovery coaches we have developed an innovative tool that will give parents an early warning signal to act timeously and to get professional intervention.
We believe that if the students / users habit of substance abuse can be detected in the experimental phase much can be done to remedy and correct the situation. The drug plague has also entered Primary Schools and has in a short space of time created serious distress to both educator and parent.
The APP will also contain relevant information that could assist both parent/sponsor and learners/user on the dangers of substance abuse. The aim of the APP is to ensure that the parents/sponsors are empowered to taking decisive action and responsibility to correct the situation.
How will the App Work
1. The App is designed to assist parents/sponsors to monitor their children's addiction behaviour through innovation.
2. The App will act as an early warning system for drug addiction
3. The concept has three main players Student/User, Parent/Sponsor, Administrator
4. A Profile is developed for the student/user
5. The parent/sponsor has access to view the child's profile
6. The Admin/Controller has access to the child's profile with permission from the Parent/Sponsor
7. The Admin/controller is appointed by the parent/sponsor or school to do testing and to upload results.
8. The Admin/controller is a trained person having broad knowledge of drugs and testing.
9.The child will do his drug testing bookings and the App. It will generate 12 dates for the student/user, this will allow the parent to know when the child is due for testing
10. The child will be tested monthly by the administrator. Once the test is done the administrator will upload the test results on the child's profile. Parents/sponsors will have immediate access to the results.
11. The administrator can also upload, volunteer hours, app marketing and coaching /drug workshops attended
12. The Administrator will ensure confidentiality and credibility as required by the Act
The Testing will be done manually, under strict supervision by the administrator ensuring that all the rules are adhered to as required by the Act.