● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
A small application designed to enhance user control over screen brightness. Initially it was developed to make the screen as dim as possible to save battery.
It has ascetic interface and very simple in use.
Tap "Start", adjust brightness using slider control below the buttons if needed. That is all. Application will run in background and change screen brightness according to current light sensor data and manual adjustment slider position.
Please do not try to use multiple custom brightness control applications at the same time. It leads to unpredictable behavior.
The application is open source. Source code and issue tracker are available here:
We are open to bug reports and feature requests.
Best Display/Screen filter applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt with display glare and brightness. It is a simple application that allows you to change the screen brightness, adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows. You don't need brightness widgets or other Brightness control applications any more.
Best Display/Screen filter is beautifully designed, simple, customizable brightness level application, which allows you to change very easily screen brightness. Will reduce the brightness of your screen lower than you can achieve with the default settings.
Using the Device Light Sensor values, Best Screen Filter intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on our environment needs. If you step into a dimly lit room, the best screen filter will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Best Screen filter has option to automatically adjust the backlight at fixed intervals (periodic mode), when a change in environment is detected (dynamic mode), or when the phone wakes from sleep. It's also possible to adjust the backlight manually. Simply disable automatic mode and you can use it like a traditional brightness tool!
Night mode is specially handled and all other conditions are handled in Auto mode by default.
- Custom & Auto brightness - Easy filtering to required brightness levels
- Sub-zero brightness to make reading in the dark significantly less irritating
- Battery efficient
- Backup to SD
- Handles inaccurate light sensors
- Logarithmic scale for fine-grained control
- Gradual fade for backlight adjustments
- Automatic night mode for comfortable night time viewing
- Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS: Toggling system settings
PERMISSIONS are needed for writing system brightness settings
And also offering a modern user interface design.
2) Special shortcuts: "Previous Brightness" and "Next Brightness" to jump between brightness profiles
3) Lock Screen function
4) Very low battery usage
Tips: Assign the shortcuts to your launcher's gesture, a cool way to switch your brightness!
"The best way to have the silent mode on Samsung Lollipop"
"What’s in a name? Everything. Extended Controls is definitely the best settings widget app that I have come across and there are quite a few available at the moment" (appstorm.net)
"None of the other apps have as many functions and options as Extended Controls. The long list of widgets, the amount of various designs and its user friendliness make Extended Controls a real must-have!" (androidpit.com)
Extended controls is THE MUST HAVE APP for every Android user.
The application provides highly customizable widget with more than 30 controls.
Extended Controls provides user-friendly graphic interface and a easy configuration manager.
With its features user can customize his widgets and he can beautify your fantastic Android smartphone.
Extended Controls improves batterylife using an innovative feature called "Battery saver"
- Custom backgrounds (from your gallery or download a set of backgrounds from the web);
- Widgets transparency;
- A lot of different icons;
- Edit existing widgets;
- Direct Home shortcuts;
- Customizable colors & labels;
- On/Off dividers;
- All tablets supported;
- Different widgets size (over 10 toggle for any single widget);
- Different indicator type (standard or circular)
- System Info Widget (RAM, CPU, Network, ext-memory, etc.)
- Notification Widget (like Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4)
- Widgets sliders with double arrow, to beautify your home screen;
- Widgets controller on App Drawer (Extended Controls -> Widget option);
- Active widgets in notification bar;
- Stack Widgets list;
- Widgets in notification bar;
- Possibility to remove widgets size from android menu;
- Disable static indicator;
- Widget preview of your widget on configuration activity;
- Share your widgets with main social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Save your widgets and load it whenever you want!!!!
As we know Android provides a widget that allows you to enable or disable these settings: WiFi,Bluetooth,GPS,Sync,Brightness.
With Extended Controls, Android Power Widget can be improved allowing users to add main settings:
- 4G (WiMAX only for EVO)
- APN (Rename APN, Direct Mode or Settings Shortcut)
- Wifi (with indicator label)
- Brightness (High customization, with custom seekbar, label percentage, native mode)
- Auto Sync
- Auto Rotate
- Fly Mode
- SD Scanner
- Silent Mode
- Vibration Mode
- Stay Awake toggle
- Flashlight (Torch) available on (Sony z3,Note 4, Samsung S5, Htc One, Nexus 5, Nexus 6 Verizon, Mobile, Nexus S, Galaxy Ace, Fascinate, LG Optimus, Atrix, Arc, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Photon, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1 Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Motorola X, Nexus 7, Nexus 10,Galaxy Tab 3, Motorola G, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note III and others)
- Mount USB
- AlwaysOn feature
- Reboot (only for root users!! bootloader, normal or fastboot, confirm dialog)
- Hotspot Wifi
- USB Tether
- Lock Screen (turn your screen off)
- Direct Shortcut app (All activities or applications)
- Haptic feedback
- Volume manager (All volumes controls)
- Shutdown (Only for root users)
- Contact direct call
- System info (RAM, CPU, memory usage, SDcard free memory)
- For any updates or news you can follow us on
****** WARNING *******
- Read Contact & Call permissions is used to add a "Direct Contact Call" toggle within widget. Without these permissions is impossible to call a contact with one-click.
The Read log permission is used into Issue Manager to allow user to send bugs of ONLY Extended Controls app.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
-froyo layout fix
-added auto option
DOESN'T WORKS ON ROMS WITH SENSE UI.
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
* Manually activate profile permanently or temporarily
* Multiple profile capable
* Automatically activate profiles based on battery conditions, locale, or rules
* Automatically start programs or tasks
* Integration with NewsRob, APNDroid, Volume Locker, Backlight Off
* Manage wireless communications and display to save battery and increase power life
* Control volume for media, mp3, notifications, and phone ringer
* Set ringtones, touchtones and vibrate
* Autopilot Airplane mode, Toggle Network, Wifi, Ringer, Bluetooth, Brightness, Silent, Screen Timeout, 4G
* On CyanogenMod: control 2G/3G, Mobile Data, WiFi Hotspot
* Conditions for Time, Day, Location GPS, Battery, Calendar, Incoming Call, Missed Call, Headset, Car/Desk Dock, BT device, Running App
* Convenient 1×1 home widget
* Notification Bar shortcut
* Plugins support
Recommended to try out free Lite version first and upgrade to Full if you need more than one rule.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
Brightness Level Disc has two sizes: 1x1 and 2x2.
Widget does not drain battery.
Revolutionary Brightness Level Disc widget fits perfect for Ice Cream Sandwich Devices with Holographic User Interface.
To add Brightness Level Disc widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->Brightness Level
Press Brightness toggle Widget to display detailed information about your smartphone's screen brightness and set brightness precisely.
PERMISSIONS are needed for writing system brightness settings and ads (app is completely free, respect work of developer and designer, do not complain about ads)
Protects your Privacy from "peeping toms" and more importantly your Eyes from unwanted LED/LCD display glare.
Auto Best Brightness Level app easily adjust the device's brightness setting by existing profiles or by creating custom configurable brightness profiles according to your need. This can be done by following ways:
- With the slider at the top of the app.
- With the volume up/down buttons while the app is running.
- User-configured minimum brightness (press Menu).
Auto Best Brightness Level simply enables/disables the displays Automatic Brightness setting. Auto brightness gets turned off by a number of things, this just saves you having to go through the menus to re-enable it. Most of the features will work even if your device doesn't have a LIGHT SENSOR and if device has Light Sensor additional functionality is automatically enabled.
== Highlights ==
■ 100 brightness levels.
■ Easily adjust display brightness
■ Create custom configurable brightness profiles
■ Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
■ Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
■ Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
■ Battery efficient for all display types
■ No Ads and no other nuisances.
■ Lightest Brightness controller - Needs only 40KB phone memory when installed on SD card.
WARNING: This allows you to configure the minimum acceptable brightness for your phone\'s screen. Setting this value too low can make your phone unusable. Use the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to find the minimum brightness setting that you like. This is the brightness that will be used when you move the slider in this application to zero.
I initially made Screen Balance for personal use - I am extremely pleased with the result and I am sure you will like it too.
★ Due to popular demand, I have added RGB adjuster to allow you to create your own color filters.
★ Again due to popular demand, I have added option of adjusting the screen contrast ... This vastly improves the readability of your screen at night. It also allows correction of harsh or over vibrant screen colors.
✓ First Android App to allow adjustment of the screens white balance - this will allow you to define how warm/cool the screen appears and can be useful to correct odd tints that can be found on many screens.
✓ Reduce brightness levels to below what Android normally allows - prevents night time strain, especially on AMOLED screens.
✓ Apply color tint to the screen - this is used to apply a colour filter, e.g. a red tint such that you can use it in really dark environments, e.g. star gazing or simply reading at night.
✓ Safety feature to auto reset brightness if set too low by accident.
✓ Dark and Light themes - allows you to accurately test white balance and prevent eye strain at night and to test your colour balance.
✓ Independently adjust brightness and tint as per your requirements.
✓ Due to popular demand, I have ensured that Pro version allows you the option of hiding the App from appearing on the Android task list.
✓ Apply settings automatically on device boot.
✓ Inherently low resource use with no noticeable impact on performance and battery.
1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
Adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows.
You don't need brightness widgets any more.
Just install, setup and adjust brightness by touching screen.
Don't forget: long (more than 5 sec) click or double fingers click to indicator bar will turn system depended autobrightness.
Intent for Tasker (or another similar application):
Type - Broadcast receiver
Name - "rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness.SetBrightness"
Integer extra parameter "BrightnessLevel" means which brightness level (from 1 to 100%) to set
Free version shows Ads in the Settings, Pro version does not show.
To see what you will get the app includes some dummy text and graphics that will give you an impression on how e.g. a website might look at a certain brightness level.
Hint: Dimming your screen down can be a great battery power saver.
The app supports all currencies, has no advertisements, requires no permissions to download, and has no in-app purchases. If you enjoy the 100% free app, please be sure to rate it- all feedback is appreciated.
Using pre-formatted fields and quick filling features, it's the perfect solution to distribute score stats to friends or fans fast. Fill any fields that apply and send the message anywhere without having to open other apps.
Score Caster works with any sport or event. From Basketball, Football, Soccer, or Baseball, to Polo, Cornhole, or Horseshoes- format your message by filling in as many or as little fields as you want. Score Caster provides a simple solution for anything that involves a score count.
This is best used if you place it on the swipe up from home button menu. When you swipe up from the home button after granting this app device administrator permission then you will be shown a "Complete action using" dialog. Tap "Lock Screen" and then "Always".
Get the fastest route with turn by turn directions to your classes or favorite locations no matter how you get there: walking, biking, driving, or public transit. Between classes, Campus Now will display your current status, whether it’s something like “BIO 101: Biology in 45 minutes at the Sullivan Building” or “No more classes, have a good weekend!”.
Campus Now works with any college or university in the world and it’s 100% free, so what are you waiting for?