Recent auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.
- Recent Auroral Activity from NOAA POES
- Aurora Forecast from Geophysical Institute
- Push Notification Alerts
- Supporting graphs
- Stunning new layout
Aurora Forecast works with Android running version 2.1 or later and all iOS running version 4.0 software or later.
[What people are saying]
"I really like this app. We live in Alaska and love it. We saw the aurora last night and it was beautiful. Thanks for creating duh a great app!!."
"Luckily we saw a tremendous Aurora display last night in Sweden, where we learned of your App."
" For me it is one of my most useful and handy apps I have."
"All I was waiting for is push notification alerts!! Thank you."
"Great app! ★★★★★ I'm glad I've found this app!"
"Tonight’s northern lights were incredible, thanks to solar explosions"
"I just love it!!!!!
- Automatically alerts when auroral activity is high enough
- Current auroral activity based on Kp and history graphs
- Auroral oval map customized for all locations
- NOAA Kp predictions within the next few hours
- 3-day aurora forecast
- Solar wind and IMF data
- Configure when you can be alerted based on sky darkness
- Filter out alerts based on current cloud cover
- Several local K-indices available for the most up-to-date activity
- Moon phase calendar included
When first launching Aurora Alert, it will find your location from GPS or cell networks, and then configure your settings based on the results. Users can then adjust any settings, if they wish. Aurora Alert will then update in the background, as often as you wish, and will alert you to possible aurora sightings when the conditions are favorable. You’ll never miss a chance to see the northern lights again!
Aurora Alert is configured to run as efficiently as possible. Automatic updates will download only 5KB of compressed data per update, which spares users of downloading needless data against their limits. It also runs only when it needs to, and no more, which helps save battery life and frees up for RAM for other apps. Note that since Aurora Alert needs to update in the background, certain task killer apps can prevent it from updating. So if you run any task killers, Aurora Alert will need to be on the ignore list in order to keep updating.
For more screenshots, see the website link below. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Install this package, then restart AuroraNotifier. There should then be a "+" after the app name and your location should be marked with a red dot on the globe.
Space weather is the dynamical way in which the Sun affects the near-Earth space environment and our technological systems. Disturbances are cause by solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) and these impact high frequency (HF) radio communications, GPS navigation accuracy, power line transmissions, cell phones, and satellite orbits. Space weather even creates the aurora. For example, say that a flare occurs and you want to know its effects at Earth right now. The App uniquely extracts data from real-time, operational systems linking the four major space environment domains (Sun, solar wind, magnetosphere, thermosphere/ionosphere). With a tap of the finger you see a detailed chain of energy events including SDO Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) solar images, the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) solar wind calculations, and even the real-time ionospheric TEC, i.e., the entire energy transfer from the Sun to the Earth. Solar index forecasts are also provided. You will definitely want this application to see all the action in real-time when violent flares and powerful CMEs affect us during solar maximum (2012-2014).
This application has been developed as a collaborative educational project between the Utah Sate University's Space Weather USTAR initiative (www.innovationutah.com) and Space Environment Technologies, LLC (www.spacewx.com). The App serves as a platform upon which 16 diverse organizations collaborate to integrate 112 real-time products using a distributed, operational network.
Select from 112 near real-time space weather images and data figures of the Sun, the Solar Wind, the Earth's Magnetosphere, and the Earth's ionosphere/thermosphere!
View the near real-time solar images, X-rays, and solar wind conditions as observed for the GOES, SOHO, STEREO, ACE, and SDO satellites.
View maps of the near real-time ionospheres's global and regional TEC and HF radio propagation, which are updated every 15 minutes.
View the forecasted F10.7 and X-ray flare probabilities up to 6 months in the future.
View the geomagnetic NOAA ap index, and Dst Indices from Kyoto, SEC, CCMC, and the USGS.
View the geosynchronous orbit particle fluxes as measured by the GOES satellites, and see the historical and predicted spacecraft charging at geosynchronous orbits.
View the convenient solar wind dials from Rice University for a quick snapshot of solar wind conditions.
View the current and predicted solar wind from the NASA Coordinated Community Modeling Center (CCMC).
View the current Aurora Ovals to see where the aurorae may be visible.
View the Sun's far-side active regions from the NSO/GONG program.
Connect to a wide range of other space weather data via web page links.
Save your favorite images to your gallery folder, or bookmark your favorite near real-time images for quick access as a set of linked images, or email an image to your friends.
- Current weather, weather forecast.
- Sunrise/sunset, photography golden hour, twilight (dusk/dawn) times.
- Moonrise/moonset times, moon phase.
- Sun & Moon azimuth on rise and set (useful for checking local Manhattanhenge date).
- Choosing current position/city from GPS or manually.
- Homescreen widget
- Iridium flares prediction.
- ISS (International Space Station) pass prediction.
Features in the development:
- Weather history (pressure, temperature)
- Astronomical events (eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions, meteor showers, etc.)
- Aurora borealis forecast & current kp-index (magnetic storm predictor).
- Pressure from barometer sensor (for supported phones).
If you have problems or suggesion, write me: email@example.com
When you install the widget onto your phone's home screen, a configuration dialog allows you to select what happens when you tap the widget. To change this preference, remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back to the home screen.
Widget icons and labels indicate the following:
- The power of the strongest solar flare in the past 24 hours
- Current sunspot number
- Current 10.7 cm solar flux, in sfu (solar flux units)
- Current 3-hour average planetary Kp index (probability of aurora increases with Kp index)
- Btotal and Bz interplanetary magnetic field in nano-teslas (probability of aurora increases with south-facing Bz)
These values are updated every thirty minutes.
Please email me if you encounter problems, or with suggestions to improve the widget - thanks!
SIMPLE TO USE, NO SPAM ADS...100% AD FREE.
East to Use, advanced tide graphs allow for you to judge the level of water movement for optimal fishing between high and low tide.
Ability to forecast tides from NOAA by setting date and period for any of the tidal stations for the entire State of Alaska tide tables.
NEW! Optional PRO subscription service for users to access complete LIVE weather satellite and forecasts from the OFFICIAL National Weather Service within the app.
NEW! Added ability to share tide charts via Facebook or Email.
When GPS is available we auto-locate your position and zoom to the map for surrounding NOAA tide stations near you.
Included is the ability to zoom and view satellite imagery for boating and fishing ground characteristics to compare with tide movement.
"NesTides ability to display tide predictions and actual tidal flow graphs allow me to extend fishing trips by following different tide station tide charts and moving with the tide flow. The satellite view allows me to explore and discover new fishing grounds I never knew existed. Absolutely the best fishing tide app I have ever used. ," said USCG Captain Mike K.
* 3 Weather providers (OpenWeather, World Weather, Wunderground) included - choose the one that works best for you!
* 6 different Widgets + 10 different themes. Widgets include Digital Clock, special effects like rain drops or clouds, and weather forecast.
* InstaShare function included - Put weather on your photos and share on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social networks!
* Daily morning weather notification
* Full screen mode with beautiful weather animations and detailed forecast.
* Up to 7-day weather forecast
* Radar and precipitation map
* Sunset/Sunrise hour
Premium Widgets is the fastest growing weather app. We are working hard to make it always better, we want it to be the best.
If you like this app, please leave a positive, 5 star review. It's really important and it will help us a lot!
If you have any question, contact us using the "support" button in settings. We will do our best to reply immediately!
Lo scopo di questa app è di dare un servizio veloce e affidabile con le sole informazioni essenziali: magnitudo, data e orario, geo località dell'epicentro e profondità della scossa.
L' app è leggera e disegnata per prendere i dati in maniera indiretta, non appesantisce il funzionamento del sito ufficiale dell'INGV, quindi funziona anche nei casi in cui il sito ufficiale non è disponibile.
Tutti dati sono presi dall'Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia.
Applicazione non è affiliata all'INGV.
Easily animate or pause the radar to see what precipitation is heading your way. Pan and zoom to your exact area and the app will remember where you are.
Whatever your activity, Radar by WeatherFlow is a critical tool for seeing where the Precipitation is and where it is going.
While the application is in beta mode it is free to download and use. Enjoy and let us know how we can improve the application to suit your needs.
Radar covers the Continental United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, and USVI.
You can search for any location in the world using the service of your choice of "Open Weather Map" or "World Weather Online."
Cloky is a weather station with local time only.
Tap in the top-left quadrant of clock to select your city and view the relative weather condition and weather forecast.
Shot or select one photo and share your weather forecast with yours favourite social network installed in your smartphone, like Facebook, Google+, Twitter but also Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, Hangouts...
Swipe up to access on menu,
swipe left to access on setting page,
swipe right to access on shot and share photo with weather condition.
Weather forecast service by World Weather Online and Open Weather Map.
Features of predictions:
Weather Forecast World
Forecasting the weather conditions today
Weather forecast for next 5 days
Prediction of the maximum temperatures
Prediction of minimum temperatures
One widget will be realized as soon as possible...
Clock And Weather forecast is free, join it!
It supports up to tens of thousands of cities in which you can get the most accurate weather information, detailed weather report, accurate weather forecast, interactive maps image, incredibly beautiful user interface with variety of widget themes and live wallpapers. With this application installed on your android phone, you can get the latest weather information anywhere and anytime.
"Go Weather Forecasts & Widgets is ideally the best android weather widget for any smartphones, phablets and tablets." - Joyofandroid
“GO Weather beats a weather forecaster on the TV easily. It also beats most of the websites I have been using.” - Appstorm
“The app is so configured that it gives the weather of more than tens of thousands locations and cities with its proper and accurate report of weather anytime and anywhere. It is the best app on your device to give weather report with accuracy and is above our expectation.” - Techclones
“Being the best weather forecast app, Go Weather offers a ton of extra features too.” - Androidlawn
- Accurate and local forecasts for 100,000+ locations worldwide
- Detailed weather report, including time, date, feeling like, high & low temperature, wind, humidity, visibility, sunrise and sunset, severe weather alert, etc.
- Multiple cities feature is perfect for a trip plan
- 2*1, 4*1, 4*2 current weather widgets & 4*1, 4*2 future weather forecast widgets
- Widget themes and live wallpaper for 7+ weather conditions in day and night mode: sunny, rainy, snowy, thunder, cloudy, overcast and foggy
- Share your current weather info with your friends by taking a picture
- Interactive dynamic maps, radar and satellite images for specific cities
- Probability of precipitation forecast
- World clock integrated to display current time and weather info for selected cities
- 24-hour & 10-day detailed weather forecast
- Interactive radar image, satellite for North America, Europe and Australia
- Exclusively designed widget themes for Premium Version (keep increasing)
- No sponsored messages or Ads
1.I have downgraded from premium to free. How do I get the paid version back?
Logon the account you paid for your premium version before > Enter advanced features intro page > Select the payment method you chose before > Your billing info & payment record being checked> Upgrade to the premium after successful checking
2.How to change the temperature unit?
Launcher GO Weather EX > Menu > Settings > Weather info > Temperature Unit
Rainy days shows you weather radar doppler images from buienradar, meteox, vaderradar, eumetsat and nws using Google Maps. You can zoom in and pan all you like!
Coverage: Europe, Iceland, Scandinavia, USA incl Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Africa, Australia
Note: shows rain (radar reflectivity), not clouds!
If something is not working on your device, please send me an email, adding a comment doesn't give me enough information to fix any bugs!
More from developer
- 15 minute updates
- Filter by time (only receive alerts between 8pm and 4am)
- Auto-configure alert levels for your current location
- Europe, North America, Asia, and South satellite images of Aurora activity
- Whole world satellite data of energetic Aurora particles
- Latest solar X-ray image
- Three day planetary KP graph
- Solar wind speed readings
- Space weather alerts from the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
- Ad free!
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
Aurora Buddy Pro can look at the current weather so it will only alert you when the viewing conditions are best - no more being alerted when the sky is too cloudy to see anything! Additionally, Aurora Buddy Pro can use your current location to set the alert level - no more guessing at what level you need in order to see the Aurora!
You can view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas (Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
IMPORTANT: If you use any task-killing software, make sure Aurora Buddy Pro is in the ignore list. Also, always exit the app with the "home" button rather than the "back" button!
Free version here:
NOTE: Weather feature currently unavailable