DICSE stands for Digital Cities for a 'Smart' Europe, it's a project co-funded by the European program "Europe for Citizens 2014-2020" (measure "Networks of Cities") with the involvment of 5 municipalities and 5 non-profit organizations from 5 different European Countries (Italy as lead partner - Spain - Bulgaria - Portugal and Poland).
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
In Europe, the introduction of new forms of citizens participation are renowned as important element of the modernization process of democratic institutions and social inclusion. ICT are changing the relationship between local government and citizens, encouraging the active participation of users in the management of public affairs, through the formulation of proposals concerning the needs of community, as well as the evaluation of local services.
The app Dicse, is aimed at those users on the move who want to know the results and activities of the project and at the same time, it is an instrument aimed at spreading - in the national languages of the project partners - some information on the main European institutions.
Within the Dicse project, were held in partner countries, 9 events (no. 5 European Conferences and nr. 4 Infoday), during which, the Municipalities and their citizens, discussed the Digital Agenda topics.
The main app Dicse functions:
- The main project information, the partners and its aims;
- The main news on the project activities;
- Photos and videos of national (INFODAY) events and transnational (European Conferences);
- The links to the social profiles and websites of partners;
- In brief information on the principal European institutions;
- A map of simple consultation on Member States belonging to the EU;
- info on Europe Direct Contact Centre of the Municipality of Reggio Calabria;
- Form to request information and / or suggestions for the project.
Project Ref.: 2014-1507/001-001