Your data never leaves your WiFi network. Nothing is ever sent to NextApp or any third party. There is no subscription fee of any kind, nor is there any reliance on external servers or Internet access.
* FILE MANAGER: Use the file browser to upload and download content to and from your device. The file browser is a fully functional file manager, with the ability to move, copy, rename, and delete files and folders on the phone/tablet. DRAG-AND-DROP file upload lets you quickly upload files by simply dragging them into the browser. With Google Chrome, you can event drag-and-drop entire hierarchies of folders. Uploaded files are queued/uploaded sequentially, so you can be repeatedly drag files/folders into WebSharing without worry.
* MUSIC: A built-in music player enables you to stream music from your device to your computer. The music tab features the ability to browse by album, artist, and playlist. Tracks can be uploaded and downloaded wirelessly, with the capability to send/receive multiple tracks at once.
* PHOTOS: The photo browser lets you display and download photos to your computer. A built-in image viewer provides the ability to display large photos with pan and zoom capabilities.
* VIDEOS: The video browser displays videos stored on the phone and/or taken by the camera. Videos may be downloaded or viewed directly using both HTML5 and Flash-based video players. The HTML5 player has streaming support, letting you quickly skip to a position inside large movies.
* WEBDAV ACCESS: WebDAV support enables you to mount your phone/device from Windows, Mac, and Linux computers in much the same manner as you would a USB disk or network shared folder.
* GUEST MODE: Two configurable user accounts, "owner" and "guest", allow fine-grained control over what content is accessible through WebSharing. The owner account can see all content on the device, while the guest account can only view certain items that you specify. Each account has its own password and can be quickly enabled or disabled from the main screen of the application.
* PRIVACY AND PERFORMANCE: Your data never leaves your Wi-Fi network when you use WebSharing. It does not use the Internet / cloud to perform transfers. Your computer and phone/tablet will communicate directly and privately. And because your data doesn't go over the Internet, transfers happen at local network speed.
Network support: WebSharing is intended for use on Wi-Fi networks, but can work over cellular networks if your carrier allows direct access to phones/devices on their network. Most carriers do not allow cellular access.
Browser support: WebSharing supports modern web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
The music player requires Adobe Flash. The video player can use either HTML5 or Flash. The multiple upload feature requires Adobe Flash.
Video format support: WebSharing can play videos using either an HTML5 or Flash-based video player. Video format support varies by browser and operating system. Most current browsers will play MP4 files using HTML5. The Flash player is capable of playing MP4, 3GPP, and FLV files.
More information and documentation are available on our web site: http://android.nextapp.com/site/websharing
With Pugmarks browser, you can -
★ Find stories you'll love
Visit sites you like to read and Pugmarks browser will tell you what you shouldn't miss. Spend less time looking and more time reading.
★ Gather new perspectives
While you are busy reading, Pugmarks browser brings you relevant and smart recommendations from around the web. Hop on to the next story with ease.
Pugmarks browser identifies themes in your reading that you can dig deeper into. Knowing more is now made effortless.
★ Enjoy Visual Stories & reading cards
Created on the fly, visual stories capture your recent reading as a beautiful set of images and informative nuggets. Fresh articles and visual stories are presented to you as reading cards you will love.
★ Access content with ease
The Pugmarks widget is your personal content ticker. It reacts to what you have just read or searched, and brings content before you ask. Place the widget on your home screen and let interesting content find you.
Technology behind the Pugmarks browser:
From opening an article, to recommendations showing up on the Home Screen, there's a round trip to the cloud, search among millions of articles and deduction of the most relevant reading cards that deserve to show up on the Home Screen. And all of this in just a couple of seconds. Here is what happens each time you visit a page:
1. Pugmarks browser stays in your context - it is aware of what you are reading
2. The page is checked for recommendation worthiness
3. If deemed worthy, the page's address is sent to the servers - securely
4. Our servers then start analysing the page to extract its meaning
5. High quality resources are then searched for relevant content
6. Reading recommendations are served along with the best nuggets and themes
7. Pugmarks browser then starts working to create good Reading Cards
8. Freshly baked reading cards are displayed on your home screen
You tend to visit a variety of pages. And you don’t want to be served recommendations everywhere. Pugmarks browser uses an extensive set of rules to figure if a page deserves recommendations. On a page that's deemed worthy of recommendations, Pugmarks browser will send the URL to its servers. User state is used for the sole purpose of improving recommendations and it is cleared when unnecessary.
Staying in context
Imagine a technology and user experience, that understands your mood, your conversation, your current reading, your near meetings - and brings relevant information automatically to you. This is called contextual discovery. Pugmarks smart browser has contextual discovery built into it.
The Web has long since moved on from being a web of documents. Today, more content flows close to people through their social media. Pugmarks browser has recognized the nature of the web today - and built algorithms to help retrieve good stuff from social media. We call this multi-stream retrieval.
Anticipatory News Discovery
Pugmarks browser anticipates the kind of news a you need, based on the signals we gather – from your current and past reading, your social connections, trends in the world. These are delivered as Reading Cards in the Home Screen. Reading cards are precise recommendations on topics important to your current context. They include:
2) Trending correlations
3) Popular articles
5) Social endorsements