LiteracyBreak is full of literacy games, activities and riddles for teachers to use in their lessons. With over 60 different activities, there will be a game, riddle or activity to help you at any time during your lesson. If you are looking for a fun way to start your lesson, a great way to revise a topic or a reward for great work, LiteracyBreak will have that activity to suit your class.
LiteracyBreak is also a great tool for parents to use at home with their children. If parents are looking at helping their children improve in a certain area or want to spend family time playing games that will be enjoyed by all the family, LiteracyBreak has it all.
LiteracyBreak is made up of eight different categories which include:
* Writing Activities
* Group Literacy Games
* Debating Topics
* Organising Groups
* Introduction Activities
* Nursery Rhymes
* Bus Activities
Check out our other apps:
* The PE Shake
Follow on twitter @DaleSidebottom
This app is a handy one-stop guide to terms that you are likely to be using on a regular basis when teaching phonics and literacy.
How To Use:
Simply scroll through the list of terms that are shown in the app.
When you have your chosen term highlighted in the middle of the screen, tap it and be taken straight to the meaning.
Click the home button to return to the main list of terms.
Click the notebook icon to write a personal note that will remain in the app until you clear it.
When you have read a meaning that you would like to refer back to regularly, simply click the bookmark icon to save it for the future. You can return straight to that page when you click the bookmark icon again from the main screen.
We hope that you find this app useful and informative - and if you have any questions or comments, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Over 7 million downloads of the "i Learn With" suite of kids educational games.
• "i Learn With" apps won numerous awards such as "Best In Family-Friendly Products" - Moms' Choice Awards 2012, and "Brain Toy Award" - Academics' Choice Awards 2012.
"It is a TOP PICK for Fun Educational Apps and we are looking forward to more app in the series!" - Fun Educational Apps
"Tribal Nova is no stranger to early childhood education and it shows. The apps are filled with progress tracking features for parents and fun for kids who want to learn." - TUAW
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Develop your child’s curiosity and education.
Words – The Seals!: Spell words by placing seals with letters hats in the correct order on a mysterious iceberg…
**Unlock the full version with a single in-app purchase of Alphabet & Spelling Kids Games and keep learning with these highly educational games:**
Letters – The Bears!: Help each bear find the right slide and build up giant ice cream cones by matching lower-case and upper-case letters, then recognize the letter names of the alphabet.
Phonics – The Penguins!: Compose syllables by combining vowels and consonants in a fun new way by throwing snow balls at the penguins. Includes a two-player mode for parent-child or peer-to-peer gameplay.
Primary skill taught: Literacy
- Letters: Learning upper-case and lower-case letters of the alphabet as well as their names.
- Phonics: Composing syllables by combining vowels and consonants.
- Words: Spelling words by placing letters in the correct order.
- Listening and comprehension
- Observation and matching
- Visual and kinaesthetic learning
Alphabet & Spelling Kids Games is part of the "i Learn With" education program for kids in Preschool, Kindergarten and Homeschool designed to get your child ready for school while having fun!
• Cross-curricular game-based learning program for kids 3 to 6 in Math, Science, Literacy and more
• Self-adjusting levels of difficulty
• Unique progress tracker for parents
• Detailed success stats for your child that can be compared with children the same age
• Recommended learning path personalized for your child
• 27 fun rewards and medals to motivate your child to learn
• Designed with educational and child development experts
• Based on Common Core standards
Find out more on www.ilearnwith.com.
Need Help with Alphabet & Spelling Kids Games?
Have questions, suggestions or concerns? Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Tribal Nova is a leading developer and publisher of educational games featuring famous characters such as Bob the builder, Dino Train, Curious George from the PBS KIDS network, Poko and Bo from the CBC network, Totally Spies Academy!, Spiez from the Cartoon Network, The Mighty Jungle on the Disney Channel,...
Copyright © 2014 BOING and "I LEARN WITH" are exclusive trademarks of TRIBAL NOVA INC. All rights reserved.
This app was tested on Samsung Galaxy and Google Nexus tablets.
These questions and many more will be answered in our online financial education program, which helps increase financial literacy in young adults or any adult wanting to learn more about finances. In about three hours, you'll learn the essentials of financial, credit and debt management through a series of short, interactive video modules.
*WHAT YOU WILL LEARN*
✔ Credit Card Lesson Module
✔ Debt Lesson Module
✔ Student Loans Lesson Module
✔ Budget & Money Management Lesson Module
✔ Credit Reports Lesson Module
✔ Mortgages Lesson Module
✔ Insurance Lesson Module
✔ Taxes Lesson Module
✔ Identity Theft Lesson Module
✔ Investment & Retirement Lesson Module
• Lifetime access to 10 lectures
• 2+ hours of high quality content
• A community of 2900+ students learning together!
• Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
• Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
Instructed By : Future Buck | Financial Education
Futurebuck is an online financial education program for young adults or any adult seeking to improve their financial literacy. A team of highly experienced financial writers created the content of the program, which was reviewed by professionals in a variety of fields !
Install the "Improve Financial Literacy" app today and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
Students practise and improve basic literacy skills through the theme of international travel. Learning about the world while improving their writing and reading with a range of exciting destinations to journey to, reward games, tokens and passport stamps.
This app includes:
• 270 free literacy activities – the interactive activities provide repeated opportunities to correct poor spelling and punctuation habits and learn new literacy skills that will improve student writing in all subject areas. Content areas include Grammar, Spelling, Vocabulary, Punctuation and Metalanguage. With topics such as commas; the 'ie/ei' rule; word, group, clause and sentence level grammar; topic sentences; using adjectives to describe settings and characters; and commonly misused words.
Key features of the complete app:
• 1350 literacy activities that will provide opportunities for students to correct mislearned skills and practise more effective language skills.
• With the ability to make multiple accounts, each student’s individual progress is tracked and recorded.
• All apps are correlated to the Australian Curriculum: English.
• Amazing world destinations – Students learn about incredible world destinations, with each app containing a journey that includes 30 different locations. The locations on this app include theme and adventure parks around the world.
• Challenge and reward games – The Games Lounge is available to students as a reward for completing activities. The amount of time they can spend in the Games Lounge is determined by their activity scores. The spelling, vocabulary and grammar Challenge Games offer students the opportunity to show what they have learned and to appear on leader boards.
• Student results can be emailed to their teacher, parent or tutor.
The WordFlyers: SkillBuilders apps series are created by the same company that developed the very popular Mathletics website. We asked teachers what were the common basic errors their students made when writing essays and assignments – then we combined this knowledge with the interactivity of the iPad and created the WordFlyers: SkillBuilders apps.
Also available in the app store
WordFlyers: SkillBuilders 7 Free and Paid
WordFlyers: SkillBuilders 8 Free and Paid
WordFlyers: SkillBuilders 9 Free and Paid
Teachers (PK-3) and parents use the Joyful Literacy app to help young learners master the early fundamentals of reading and writing. Using a smartphone, you follow an internationally successful methodology for early-learning literacy, record individual progress, and quickly improve literacy skills such as:
Phonics and word recognition
Concepts of print
Fluency and comprehension
Joyful Literacy empowers you to:
Track individual literacy learning easily and powerfully
Conveniently record progress in real-time during busy classroom activities
Create classroom rosters
Assess progress over time
Review any specific skill at any time with any student
Explore new concepts in a dynamic and engaging way
Provide parent tools for fun home learning activities
The Joyful Literacy app is the first app of its kind to combine a renowned early-learning methodology with the convenience and power of mobile devices. It is based on the work of Dr. Janet Mort PhD., educator and author of the early learning teaching guidebook, "Joyful Literacy Interventions." Teachers around the world use her model to increase student achievement and enjoyment with literacy. The platform was developed by Junyo, a data-analytics educational company committed to improving learning outcomes through the smart use of technology.