The premiere Fencing scorekeeper designed by Olympian Dan Kellner and used daily at his Brooklyn Bridge Fencing Club in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
-5, 10 & 15-touch bouts
Includes French translation!
This app automates refereeing a bout. Timer stops at a touch or penalty. Large touch count display also acts as a button, automatically increasing the count when touched so your attention can be on the bout and not on the screen.
Two yellow cards cards on the same fencer is treated as a red card, automatically increasing their opponents score. Remove penalty cards by touching their lights and the score will be adjusted.
Want to try it out? Get ScoreKeeper FREE!
Clean interface free of clutter. Most screen elements can be pressed to activate and pressed+held to undo.
Example: tapping the score increments it and pressing and holding subtracts a touch.
Has many different type of bouts: 5, 10, 15, team, best 2 of 3, 15 touch sabre as well as custom length.
Most features can be turned on/off in settings to customize to your liking.
These can all be turned on or off in the settings:
Automatic 1 minute rest between periods.
Beep and vibrate to confirm events.
Pause bout on score.
Display fencer's names.
Increment opponents score on a red card.
Display score +/- buttons if you'd prefer that over the press/hold method.
Follow closely the results of your favorite athletes, individually or as a team, by gender and weapons, for all events.
Follow the calendar schedule to be ready for the next fencing !
Enjoy exceptional photos and videos, and follow the official Twitter account of the Federation, to be as close as possible to the major events.
The free version includes 5-touch bouts, penalty card assignment, and priority assignment in overtime.
See the full version for support for 10 & 15-touch bouts, fencer names, injury time, and more to come.
*Coloured Score Counter
*4 Modes (Poule, DE 10 Hits, DE 15 Hits, Manual)
*Penalties Cards Tracker (Yellow, Red, Black)
*Name the Fencers
*Show-able cards to show to fencers (Yellow, Red, Black)
*and much more to come
The Tablet Version is coming soon but for now it is only available for phones.
DOCUMENTATION: The documentation will be on my website.
- Supports touches, penalty cards, and tie priority.
- Optional sound and vibration on timer start, halt, and running out.
- Extra display mode to show last touch or card to others.
Feedback welcome. Update adds small screen (HTC Tattoo) support.
Application for fencing referees to keep track of time, scores, red/yellow cards and various game modes.
Simple, minimalistic interface with seamless, intuitive user interaction.
All elements can be clicked or long-pressed for multiple actions.
(i.e. click to increment, long-press to decrement score and card count.)
Note: Vibrates when timer is paused or resumed.
Open Source: Code is accessible through GitHub.
En Garde is the first fencing scorekeeping app built with a focus on simplicity, design, and ease-of-use. Tired of juggling a stopwatch, pencil, and clipboard all while directing an important bout? En Garde shrinks all of those tools down into something you can fit into the cup of your hand. I realized the need for such an app when my coach approached me at a tournament he was directing asking me how to use the scorekeeping app he had just installed. It was too convoluted and busy to be used for a tournament, as were the alternatives, so En Garde is simple, easy to use, and designed with the referee in mind.
Stay focused on the bout
When you're directing an intense bout, you don't want to have to think about anything besides the bout. You already need to keep your attention on so many different things--why add another? En Garde lets you devote full attention to the bout thanks to haptic feedback, audio cues, and a large hybrid display-buttons. It displays a toast message every time you perform an action, so you know exactly what you just did. You can even undo your previous actions to correct for any mistakes!
• Large timer and score indicators.
• Clean UI showing only the most important information.
• Fully featured penalties and cards.
• Undo recent actions (FIFO ordering).
• Tap indicators to interact (e.g. tap on a score to add a point, tap on time to start/stop the timer).
• Timer stops when score is added, card is issued, or any blank space is touched.
• Haptic feedback (vibration) when timer is paused or resumed, allowing focus to remain on the bout.
• Alarm at the end of each period (turn your volume up).
• Automatic minute break between periods.
• Automatic priority when necessary.
• Skip periods from the overflow menu.
• Show or hide the 'double touch' button for different weapon modes.
• AMOLED black mode: conserve battery on devices with AMOLED screens by changing the background color to true black.
• Crash free and ad-free!
Please see En Garde's website (http://ethanmad.com/En-Garde) and its GitHub page (https://github.com/ethanmad/En-Garde) for more information.
Please note that the screenshots above are from an older version. My phone is currently broken, so I don't have new screenshots. :-(
- Assaults on 15 points, with 3 minutes rest period + time + alarm + cards. (ideal for normal rounds).
- Assaults 5 points, with 3 minutes rest period + time + alarm + cards. (ideal for warm).
- Assaults with unlimited points with a single period of 3 minutes + cards (ideal for round group).
- Tournament Mode with automatic ranking. (ideal for "poules" and tournaments).
- Training Mode to practice moving and attack zones.
A timer, a scorekeeper and the three cards to referee fencing bouts.
Designed to exchange over the WIFI network E-scoresheets with the fencing tournamant management software Bellepoule (http://betton.escrime.free.fr/index.php/description))
Free, no ads and OpenSource.