LOCAL WEATHER FOR BUZZARDS BAY MA
West Island Weather is a hyper-local weather app that includes detailed wind, rain, tide, and UV / Solar readings from sensors right at the shore.
Our data surpasses the average weather service data from readings 10 miles away for this area. West Island Weather Station is fine-tuned with weather data specifically from the Town Beach at West Island in Fairhaven, MA
• TOWN BEACH - A quick screen with all important site data including min/max temperatures, wind gusts and rain.
• BAY CAMS - Spectacular streaming web cams spanning across Buzzards Bay, marinas and docks.
• RADAR - Simple display - easy to read latest radar loop
• TIDES - Comprehensive tide information , bringing together NOAA standard port data with offsets generated for specific locations.
• LIGHTNING - User interface lightning map with real-time strike data
• DIKE SURGE - On site tidal surge graph at New Bedford Hurricane Barrier from the Army Corp of Engineers.
• LATEST IMAGE - Quick snapshot of latest web cam image from Town Beach
• QUICK CAST - Classic retro 90's style forecast and radar page with simple display.
• WEB PAGE - Homepage of westislandweather.com
• VIDEO - Youtube Video archives, including local scenery and documentaries.
• FACEBOOK - Facebook page for westislandweather.com
• NWS FORECAST - Detailed National Weather Service discussion updated on average every 3 hours.
• LOCAL BEACH CONDITIONS in real-time
• Stunning web cam video of Buzzards Bay with dozens of shots scanning across the bay as far as 13 miles, weather permitting.
• A beautiful, simple and organized interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information for mariners, beach goers, and sports enthusiasts alike. Our sensors are as close to the shore as they can get without being in the water.
• GEAR - This station is maintained by experienced - certified weather spotters and members of a US Coast Guard family.