Gorey Community School was established in 1993, following the amalgamation of the Loreto, Vocational and CBS schools.
It now has a student population of almost 1500 and a teaching staff of more than 100.
The school occupies a large site which comprises playing fields, basketball courts, and tennis courts. In 2000 a new extension was opened. There are now over 80 classrooms including numerous specialist rooms and a large gymnasium.
GCS is managed by a Board of Management, which includes 6 representatives from the trustees ( the V.E.C., the Loreto order and the C.B.S), 2 teachers representatives and 2 parents representatives)