mDaktari is a personalized healthcare service that gives you access to reliable medical advice and online consultations with qualified Kenyan doctors.
Through an online video consultation, you can receive a diagnosis for many common ailments and be provided with a prescription or referral letter. If tests are required, the doctor will provide a test order which you can take to a testing facility of your choice and receive a free follow-up consult, where your results will be analyzed and treatment plan advised.
• Consult a doctor within minutes: With mDaktari, you get a 15-minute consultation with one of Kenya's best-qualified doctors anytime from 8 AM to 11 PM.
• Prescriptions: The mDaktari e-script system allows you to receive your prescriptions from anywhere and take it to your pharmacy of choice for fulfillment.
• Referrals: Our doctors can also refer you to specialists and consultants, many of which offer a discount to our patients.
• Test orders & free follow-ups: If you need a lab or imaging test done, your mDaktari doctor will write you a test order which you can take to your test facility of choice or to one of mDaktari's testing partners, Lancet Labs for lab tests and Sonar Imaging for imaging, where you'll receive a discount for being an mDaktari patient. We'll also provide a free follow-up consult with an mDaktari doctor, who will analyze your test results and advise on a treatment plan.
• Medication delivery: We've partnered with MYDAWA where you can easily pass along your prescription to be fulfilled and delivered to a collection point near you.
• Discounts on partner services: We've also partnered with other pharmacies and medical providers like PharmaPlus, Meridian Medical Centre, and Kenya Red Cross so you'll receive discounts on medications and services for being an mDaktari patient.
• No subscriptions & no hidden fees: There's no subscription or hidden fees to use mDaktari. You just pay a one-time fee for each consultation you try.
Common medical conditions we treat
• Chest or Upper Respiratory Infection
• Urinary Tract Infection
• Fungal infections
• Sports Injuries
• Travel Medicine
• Digestive Disorders
• Dry Skin – Eczema
• Back Pain
• Colds and Flu
• Thyroid Disorders
• Mental health conditions including stress, anxiety, and depression
Who are the mDaktari doctors?
All mDaktari doctors are licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Board (KMPDB) and work in the private sector, mostly at the best Kenyan hospitals like Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Hospital, and Karen Hospital.
Can I talk to a doctor face to face?
You can talk to a doctor via live video chat straight through the mDaktari app and all from the comfort of your own home, office or hotel, wherever you are in the world.
Can I book a doctor appointment on the weekend? How soon can I get an appointment?
Yes, our doctors are available 8 am to 11 pm EAT, 7 days a week so you can talk to a doctor when it suits you.
What happens if tests need to be done?
If you need a lab or imaging test completed, the doctor will write a test order for you. You can take this order to your testing facility of choice or to one of our lab (Lancet Labs) or imaging (Sonar Imaging) partners who offer our patients discounted rates. Once you've completed the test, you can return to the mDaktari app to book a free follow-up consult and upload the test results. One of our doctors will analyze the results and instruct you on the diagnosis and treatment plan.