A real time bus tracker for LRT Lothian buses and trams written by Andrew de Quincey and Colin Paton, using data from the CEC My Bus Tracker website. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/redbus/ for more information.
* If something isn't working right and you have the time to spare, could you please send an email as well as commenting. It greatly speeds up fixing things if we can ask for more detail on the problem than Market comments allow (although we do appreciate those too).
* If the app "goes missing" after a recent update, I'm informed that uninstalling+reinstalling it using "Settings>Applications>Manage Applications" should restore it.
* If you have a homescreen icon on an HTC Sense phone, the picture will not be updated until you reboot. However, it should function just as before without a reboot. We can't do anything about this issue as it appears to be an HTC bug.
* We are unable to use the new pre-caching or vector maps support as seen in the most recent Google Maps versions. These features are only available internally within the Google Maps application itself, and Google have made no way to use them from an external application. Therefore, we are stuck with the basic bitmap-based maps with no pre-caching until Google decide to support this. If they ever do, we would definitely want to use it.
- load arrival time for SBS and SMRT buses
- show nearby bus stops
- show bus routes
- show bus stops in map
- search buses, roads, bus stops and bus stop no
- bookmark buses and bus stops
The app is FREE & supported by advertisements.
For bugs report,
Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services and estimated departures for trams in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop serviced by Lothian Buses and estimated times for Edinburgh Trams.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop, or alternatively scan the QR code at the bus stop.
* Fully integrated vector Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes.
* The map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the News and Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Integration with Google Backup.
* Italian localisation.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add proximity alerts to alert you when you are near a selected bus stop,
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add bus time alerts to alert you when a selected bus service is near a selected bus stop.
* And more...
* The features you are able to use is dependent on what version of Android is installed on your device. Experimental features are not guaranteed to work correctly - use with caution.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- Access network state: to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Use Google Services: required to use Google Maps.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not technically possible). The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.
Keywords: edinburgh, bus, tracker, official, lothian, buses, tram, trams
Oprócz tradycyjnego rozkładu jazdy, czyli tzw. tabliczki przystankowej, aplikacja potrafi wyświetlać najbliższe odjazdy w formie tzw. tablicy najbliższych odjazdów, na podstawie danych uzyskanych ze śledzenia pojazdów przez system GPS. Jest to wersja zwana on-line. Dzięki temu uzyskujemy znacznie dokładniejszą godzinę pojawienia się pojazdu na przystanku, uwzględniającą nieprzewidziane opóźnienia, czy przyspieszenia kursów. Jest to obrazowanie aktualnego stanu komunikacji, a nie zaplanowanego w rozkładzie jazdy.
Aplikacja myBus online aktualnie obsługuje następujące miasta*:
- Biała Podlaska (ZKM)
- Bolesławiec (MZK)
- Dębica (MKS)
- Elbląg (ZKM)
- Gdańsk (ZKM)
- Głogów (KM)
- Kielce (ZTM)
- Kołobrzeg (KM)
- Kraśnik (MPK)
- Lublin (ZTM)
- Łódź (MPK)
- Mielec (MKS)
- Ostrołęka (MZK)
- Ostrów Wielkopolski (MZK)
- Płock (KM)
- Puławy (MZK)
- Radom (MZDiK)
- Rybnik (ZTZ)
- Sanok (SPGK)
- Siedlce (MPK)
- Stalowa Wola (ZMKS)
- Suwałki (PGK)
- Świdnica (MPK)
- Świerklaniec (PKM)
- Tarnowskie Góry (MZKiP)
- Tarnów (MPK)
- Wałbrzych (ZDKiUM)
* W nawiasach jest podany przewoźnik, z którym współpracujemy w danym mieście. Rozkłady innych przewoźników mogą być niedostępne w aplikacji.
* Często pytacie czy moglibyśmy dodać kolejne miasta, zapraszamy do przeczytania odpowiedzi na naszej stronie: http://www.taran.com.pl/mybusonline/?pl/faq
Aplikacja myBus online jest częścią Systemu Informacji Pasażerskiej (SIP) wchodzącego w skład oprogramowania MUNICOM.premium© autorstwa firmy PZI TARAN. System ten, zainstalowany w wielu miastach w Polsce, pozwala pasażerowi na dostęp do informacji o komunikacji poprzez wiele różnych kanałów (strony WWW / WAP, mapy Google, telefony, smartfony / tablety (Android, WindowsPhone, iOS), czy tablice elektroniczne).
There’s no need to search for the exact fare again. Instead, you can buy and load your phone with Lothian Buses and Edinburgh Trams m-tickets. Your m-tickets can then be activated and used as you need them. The app also uses real-time information and can send push notifications so you’ll always know when your bus is due.
• Your ticket straight to your mobile.
Buy tickets with the Transport for Edinburgh app and turn your phone into your ticket. Purchase tickets at a time convenient for you, then just activate one and show your phone to the driver when you get on the bus, or validate at the tram stop. Tickets are easy to buy and can be used straight away or saved for future trips.
• Never miss the bus again.
Fast, responsive maps show you all stops near you along with departure boards for Lothian Buses and Edinburgh Trams – we’ll even send you a message when you’re approaching an unfamiliar stop.
• Easily get from A to B.
If you’re looking for a fast, easy way to get around Edinburgh and the Lothians, the app can give you up to five quick, convenient ways to get there using Lothian Buses and Edinburgh Trams. You can then follow the directions on a large, clear map. Even better: we’ll send an alert to your phone when you’re close to your final stop.
• Your app, the way you want it.
The app changes depending on where you are and how you use it. You can add your favourite stops and services, and save places for use later on. Plus, the great ‘Take Me Home’ button gives you live directions for getting home, day or night. We’ll can even send you messages if your favourite services are disrupted.
If you'd like to make a suggestion on features you'd like to see in the Transport for Edinburgh app, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Please note the app requires data access and works best with GPS on. Please be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
iris Journey Planner helps commuters plan the best way to get to their destinations by providing travel solutions on our buses and trains based on the shortest walking distance or shortest travelling time.
iris NextBus offers bus arrival timings on a real time basis.
iris also provides a host of helpful information such as details of the bus routes, bus services on the road that are delayed or diverted and scheduled changes in bus operating hours. Commuters can also obtain information on first and last train operating hours, planned changes in train service hours as well as find out if train services are running smoothly.
London Bus Timing Countdown tells you when your next bus will arrive at any bus stop in London using the data directly from TfL.
* Instantly tell when your bus is due
* Finds bus stops near you using your Android phone's GPS
* Live Bus times for Transport for London (TFL) bus stops showing when the next buses will arrive.
* View nearest stops on a map
* Refresh the Bus Timing Countdown
* Automatic Refresh of Bus Times Countdown so your list is always up to date
* Search for bus stops by postcode or bus stop name
* Save your favourite bus stops in your Favourites for quick access.
* See your recent visited stops.
Please be aware that this app requires an internet connection and Location services for full functionality.
* This app uses the Bus countdown feed from TFL, and they occasionally do maintenance in which case the application will show no results.
Use offer code RBAPP100 to get Rs 100 off on your first app booking!! TnC Apply.
Use redBus.in android app to book bus & Volvo tickets in the easiest & fastest way. The app allows you to search and book bus tickets for over 67,000 routes and also choose from over 1,800 operators. Choose from seater, sleeper, semi-sleeper, A/C, non A/C buses. You can now transact on the redBus.in app using netbanking, credit cards, debit cards, Cash on delivery & phone booking options.
Key Features of the android app:
* LIVE TRACKING: Track your bus LIVE on a map. Know where you are any time during the journey
* Friends & Family: Send a tracking link to your near & dear to keep track of your whereabouts & plan pickups
* Select Boarding points: Choose your boarding point on a map and get directions
* One touch Secure Payment: Save your card details & book tickets with a single tap
* One touch Cancellations: Cancel tickets using the application with a single tap
* Save ticket details: Download previously booked tickets and save them on the app
* Call support: Call our support team directly from the application
* Find buses & route information: Use the app to check availability and price of buses & operators in India
* Ratings: Get ratings of buses based on fellow customers feedback for each operator
* Amenities: Check out amenities available in the bus
Reserve seats & check fares from several Travels like:
VRL, SRS, KPN, Orange Tours, Neeta Travels, Kallada, Kesineni, SVR, Sharma Travels, HKB, Sangeetha, SRM, Seabird, Hindusthan, Paulo, Rathimeena, Sharma, Sree Kaleswari, Universal, Kaveri, Morning star, Greenline, Prasanna, Hebron, Hans, Vivegam, National, A1, Roadlink, Meghana, Patel, Konduskar, Jabbar & many more
Book tickets on state bus carriers as well such as:
UPSRTC, HRTC, GoaKadamba, etc.
States in which bus services can be found:
Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, NCR, Haryana, Goa, Kerala, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Orissa & many many more
***** I loved it A very easy app to handle and saves money too ;-)
***** Easy way to book ticket I am quiet happy with booking tickets through redbus android application and taking less time to book..
***** Great work by redbus I never thought bus bookings gets this easy & simple. I use to stand in bus counters to book tickets but now from a mobile without wasting hours, I can book in 5mins. I love this app. In booking counters even v stand for hours there is no guarantee I'll get a ticket or not but they r showing how many tickets r there also. Thank u redbus.
***** Excellent I have been using this site since several years and my experience is always the best. I have never faced any issue related to booking , cancellations , or reimbursement. One of the most trustable site for bus booking I have ever come across.
* Winner (Global) Mobile innovation in travel award – eyefortravel
* Winner Mbillionth award (innovations in telecom & mobile content) across South Asia - mbillionth
Discover more about redBus.in: