This useful app includes information on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and associated syndromes of diseases in cattle, sheep and goats. You can filter your search by Species, Disease or Syndrome to quickly have animal health information at your fingertips to assist you whether in the field or at the office.
The Veterinary Handbook app has been adapted from ‘The Veterinary Handbook for the Livestock export industry’ by the Australian Livestock Export Corporation (LiveCorp) the RD&E service company for Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat exporters and Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) the marketing and RD&E service company for Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat producers. As a result provides a range of information that includes:
* Causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions known to occur in sheep, goats, dairy and beef cattle.
* The process of disease recognition and investigation – how to detect, investigate and necropsy.
* The management of feed and water during sea transport and potential related health and welfare problems
* How to manage sick and injured livestock and safe and effective euthanasia
The Vet Handbook includes best-practice information and standardised approaches for veterinarians and stock people caring for exported Australian livestock.
➲ The Cell
➲ Body Organisation
➲ The Skin
➲ The Skeleton
➲ Cardiovascular System
➲ Respiratory System
➲ Lymphatic System
➲ The Gut and Digestion
➲ Urinary System
➲ Reproductive System
➲ Nervous System
➲ The Senses
➲ Endocrine System
You need Alphonso EBook Viewer to view this EBook. You will be prompted to download it for FREE when you open EBook. You can also download it from Google Play at http://bit.ly/EBookViewer
Visit Blog: http://bit.ly/AlphonsoBlog
EBooks Catalog: http://bit.ly/EBookCatalog
Check out for more Apps and EBooks: http://bit.ly/AlphonsoApps
The Antimicrobial SmartVet app has an intuitive treatment algorithm that guides the veterinarian through the antimicrobial decision-making process, including:
* diagnostic steps
* recommended 1st, 2nd and 3rd line antimicrobial therapy
* recommendations for advance diagnostics and/or referral
URINARY TRACT INFECTION (UTI) TOOL
The UTI application is the first of a suite of tools to be built into the Antimicrobial SmartVet. It features:
* a treatment algorithm for veterinarians on how to manage antimicrobial treatment for simple and complicated UTIs based on typical antimicrobial activity, the importance of the drug in human medicine and other factors.
* an antimicrobial treatment table that lists recommended therapies, including additional information on pharmacokinetics, contraindications, adverse reactions, etc.
*supplemental resources to help guide veterinarians through successful antimicrobial therapy – e.g. Risk Factors for UTI, Urine Collection and Handling, and Urinalysis Interpretation
Available in English and French / Disponible en français et en anglais
The development of the CVMA SmartVet app was made possible by the funding support of the Canadian Animal Health Institute.
HSVG provides helpful information about equine health and first-aid from the moment you notice a problem with your horse - My Observation.It contains practical advice, suggested skills, and questions to discuss with your vet.
Horse Side Vet Guide is of value in an emergency and non-emergency, and it helps you distinguish between the two. HSVG also contains dozens of high quality instructional videos, and other media designed to enable you to become an active participant in ensuring your horse’s good health.
However, HSVG is not structured as a simple decision tree that takes you down a singular path based on your input. It is not a substitute for your local equine veterinarian. It does not, and cannot, anticipate and address all of the subtle variations and unique circumstances associated with your horse’s health. That is your veterinarian's job.
- Make better decisions about your horse’s health.
- Learn more about common ailments including colic, wounds, injuries, lameness and equine diseases.
- Learn what to do in an emergency and how to provide first-aid, when necessary.
- Increase the quality of communication between you and your equine vet.
- Follow a logical thought process for addressing any equine heath care problems.
- Utilize a quality alternative to Dr. Google.
Ok – so what is Horse Side Vet Guide exactly?
HSVG is a custom-built relational database of equine health information that contains concise information about common problems such as colic, lameness and wounds to rare diseases. Records are contained in 1 of 9 categories:
· Your Observations
· Vet Diagnostics
· Vet Diagnoses
· Vet Treatments
· Your Skills
· Your Supplies
· Terms & Topics
· Outside Resources
These records are extensively interlinked, providing a uniquely contextualized approach to any equine health issue.
We continuously add and update the records in HSVG. We have placed great emphasis on completing the MY OBSERVATIONS records first. You can find "full access" records with a keyword search, in the alphabetical browse lists, and hyperlinked inside other records. Incomplete (or "partial access") records are listed inside full access records, with no hyperlink. Many other records are hidden from view, and will be available later. After we complete a partial or hidden record we change it to "full access" and it becomes immediately available to you after the app has been synchronized to your mobile device.
Please see our website www.horsesidevetguide.com for more information about this application.
Questions or functionality problems? Please let us know. We are dedicated to fixing and improving HSVG! Please contact us via our website on our “Contact Us” page or send us a private message on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/HorseSideVetGuide.
Keywords: horses equines colic lameness wounds injuries foaling mare gelding stallion vet veterinarian dvm doctor donkey mule douglas first aid emergency medical veterinary medicine healthcare hsvg database
✔ Quick animal references for 18 common surgery pets (such as dogs, cats, rodents, reptiles and rabbits etc.)
✔ Diseases, definitions, symptoms and incubation periods.
✔ Detailed haematology and biochemistry ranges.
✔ Calculation and conversion tools, such as gas/liquid flow rates, transfusion and infusion, phlebotomy, body surface area, weights and temperatures.
✔ Patient notes facility for logging quick notes.
✔ Glossary of terms and definitions for 300+ terms.
▶ We support our apps. If you run in to a problem, please drop us an email and we will work with you directly to resolve any issues, or alternatively, visit our website at www.markstevens.co.uk where we have support articles and FAQ's.
Each year an Annual WSAVA World Congress is held in a different part of the world, hosted by a member association under the auspices of WSAVA. The Congress attracts large numbers of vets and veterinary nurses/technicians from many countries. They are able to learn from top international speakers on all aspects of small animal practice. Proceedings from the Congress are available to veterinary schools, libraries and individuals, and provide a valuable source of the most up to date knowledge.
A valuable tool you can use when treating microbial infections in small animals.
* Ranks the efficacy of 24 antimicrobials against 13 of the most common pathogens
* Select the most cost-effective antimicrobial and dosage for maximum efficacy
* Predictable in vitro efficacy is based on two doses, Dose Option I and Dose Option II
* Relative Cost factor allows the clinician to compare relative costs to achieve comparable efficacies when choosing between antimicrobials
* Formulary section provides trade names, formulations, pharmacology, toxicity, and contraindication information on each antimicrobial, as well as dosing for each species
* Color-coded antimicrobial ratings for quick reference
* Makes selecting the appropriate antimicrobial and dose for the most probable pathogen at each location a simpler process
Medical terminology is the professional language of those who are directly or indirectly engaged in the art of healing. You will need to know medical terms in order to read a medical record, to complete forms, to decipher a physician's handwriting, and to communicate with others in the hospital in a professional manner. At first, the medical terms may seem strange and bewildering to you and appear to be extremely difficult to learn. Fortunately, there is a logical method found in medical terminology. Many of the words used in medicine are made up of parts which are also used in other words. Once you know the meanings of the basic parts of the words, you can put them together to understand the meanings of many medical terms. These basic parts of medical terms are called stems, prefixes, and suffixes. During this course, you will learn to identify and define a stem, a prefix, and a suffix. You will also learn how they are used in combination to describe a medical term.
The AIChE Spring Meeting is the year’s key technical conference for practicing chemical engineers. A wide range of subjects relevant to the current needs of industry is covered. Plus, GCPS covers the critical needs of process safety practitioners more broadly and deeply than any other conference.
Each year, OTC attracts more than 90,000 attendees from 120+ countries and 2,200 exhibiting companies.
OTC is sponsored by 13 industry organizations and societies, who work cooperatively to develop the technical program. OTC also has endorsing and supporting organizations.
Download the OTC 2015 app to find exhibitors; view events, speakers and maps; rate presentations; and create a personalized schedule.
NOTE: The Efficiency Exchange app is for attendees of the event only. Login information will be provided by the organizers.
The General Conference Session is the forum for electing world church officers and voting changes to the church's Constitution. Delegates also hear reports from each of the 13 administrative regions of the church. Voting delegates for Session represent world regions both by church population and the self-sustainability of administrative regions.
Through this app you’ll be able to search for, by year, speakers and sessions, create and add events to your schedule, navigate your way through the convention center and exhibit hall via interactive maps, view live streamed sessions, follow and join in on event conversations using a built-in “Twitter” feed, connect with colleagues, and so much more!
For more details visit our website at http://www.aera.net.
The APA Meetings App is your guide to live meetings organized by the APA, including the Institute on Psychiatric Services and APA Annual Meeting. Use the app to engage with APA event education opportunities, navigate meetings while onsite, explore events’ exhibitors and stay in touch with attendees.
Enrich your education during five series of high-level learning labs taught by your peers. Learn more about the technology that your facility relies on by attending our Ancillary User Groups with companies including Cerner, Epic, GE Healthcare, McKesson, Meditech, Quadramed, and Simens. Find the latest products and solutions to help streamline efficiency in our Access Solutions Showcase. Join hundreds of your colleagues April 19-22 in Indianapolis for NAHAM’s 41st Annual Educational Conference & Exposition!
By downloading this application, you will have access to all Podium’s individual conference applications in one central hub. As an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, each individual conference application is designed to maximize your time and experience with your conference(s). Each conference-specific application allows you to:
· View all conference information (sessions, abstracts, speakers, exhibitors, maps, attendee profiles, etc.) on your mobile device
· Build a personalized schedule and access any session handouts
· Find information quickly with the search feature
· Opt into messaging with other attendees
· Receive important conference-related notifications and updates
· Take notes on your mobile device during specific sessions with the ability to extract the information later
· And much more!