PocketBook reader allows you to customize your reading experience by adjusting text size, layouts, colors and many other options.
- Scroll or turn pages by swiping, tapping on the edge of the screen or by using the volume keys.
- Use single page, dual page or scroll viewing modes.
- Search text to find needed information.
- Highlight text and make notes.
- Export notes & highlights to a file.
- Adjust display brightness while reading.
- Lock screen orientation.
- Quickly access to table of contents, notes and highlights.
- Easy book navigation.
- Adobe DRM support.
- OPDS catalogs.
- ABBYY Lingvo, GoldenDict, ForaDict dictionaries support
PDF & DjVu features:
- Crop page margins manually or automatically to fit page content to the screen size.
- Use pinch and stretch gestures to zoom in or out page.
- Use double tap to zoom to a particular text fragment.
EPUB, FB2, TXT, RTF features:
- Use pinch-to-zoom gestures to change font size.
- Change text and background color. PocketBook reader supports four color themes (night, day, sepia and gray).
More features will be coming soon:
- DOCX formats support
English, Russian, German, Portuguese
Browse and manage your book collection in a convenient thumbnail view. Adds some additional features: custom shelves, recently added books list, editing of recent list, etc.
The Bookshelf is customisable: you can select colour scheme, book cards type (wide, small or tiny), etc.
This application contains ads, you can remove them for a fee.
IMPORTANT: You need Text-To-Speech engine and voices installed on your device to use this app. If you don't have one yet, pickup from Play Store - the good quality TTS engines there are Acapela, Ivona and SVOX. You may use more than one if you want.
* Bluetooth play/pause and previous/next controls are handled correctly
* Plays in the background and Bluetooth controls are still handled, allowing you for example to use Navigation software on your phone while driving somewhere and listening to your book at the same time, and pausing/resuming playback as needed.
* Android 4.2 and higher - lock screen widget to pause/resume, next/previous sentence, view book title and progress. This widget can be also used on the home screen under older versions of Android.
* Read by sentences - the plugin pauses and resumes at individual sentences, instead of entire paragraphs. Upon resume, you don't have to listen from the beginning of a long paragraph again.
* Enhanced control panel to set book language, open system TTS Settings to change speech engine, control speech rate, pitch and volume, more...
* The control panel can be minimized to display only a row of small buttons at the bottom over the main FBReader screen, if you want to watch the text it reads at the same time.
* Sleep timer
* Can highlight individual sentences instead of full paragraphs, but this requires a small code change in the main FBReader code.
* Try also our new product, @Voice Aloud Reader!
ABOUT PERMISSIONS: In ver. 1.5.7 added WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission, needed for TTS activation on some devices.
UB Reader provides a comfortable reading experience for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing you to read EPUB and PDF files - DRM-protected and otherwise. An integrated file browser allows you to quickly add any eBook stored on your device or over email.
SIMPLE YET POWERFUL READING FEATURES:
• Easy and fast navigation - page flipping with animations, scroll slider to help you get to desired page easily.
• Customizable reading experience - font size and type customization, multiple view modes for easier day or night reading, brightness adjustment, and page orientation settings.
• Useful text search features.
• Bookmark pages for quick reference later.
• Open EPUB / PDF files from external file browsers.
• Localized in 12 languages - French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Swedish.
ROBUST EBOOK MANAGEMENT:
• Bookcase view lets you add new shelves, select multiple books, view by list or grid, and search through your collection.
• Integrated file browser - quickly browse and import your own EPUB and PDF files from the memory card on your device, and also import entire folders of ebooks.
• Books can be received as email attachments and imported to UB Reader from the Preview option of the email client.
• Sort books by title, author, or time of use.
PURCHASE A UB READER FULL VERSION KEY FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES:
• Ad free.
• Text-to-Speech support.
• Lock specific books in your library.
• Create direct shortcuts to books on your homescreen.
Small, clean interface, fast and reliable.
- Search books
- Night Mode
- Control of font sizes
- Control margins
- Text selection / copy
- Supports EPUBs 2 and 3.
- Table of contents
- Preserves unique aspects of the book
- Clean interface
- Easy of use
- Automatic discovery of books
- Smart reading
If you like to read, you should install Skoob.
Worth testing. We're sure you'll like it.
This freeware makes your Android phone become an ePub reader. It manages the .epub files you imported from SD card or downloaded from web sites, and let you read them by flipping as books, or by browsing as web pages. This software is not bound to any book store or online library. In addition, it provides you some web-site links to download DRM-free ePub files. This software performs a rapid, low power-consumption method to format a chapters into book pages. If you are familiar with web browsing, the software reserves the function that lets you read the chapters as raw web pages.
The software is a lite reader for ePub format, with lower power and memory consumption, and can run smoothly on low-end Android phones.
- It's also a downloader: The software is not bound to any book store or online library. It has a built-in web browser. You can visit any web site with this browser by entering a url. When you click a hyper link to an .epub file, the software downloads and imports this .epub file for your convenience. If you don't know where to download ePub books, the software provides you a list of web sites.
- Various operation modes: You can choose to read ePub files as web pages or as books. If you choose to read ePub books by page flipping, you can further choose to flip the pages by tapping or sweeping.
- Remembering the last reading position and bookmarks: The software automatically remembers the last reading position and used text size of each book for you. In addition, you can also remember the current reading position by adding a bookmark.
- Rapid running and low power consumption: This software does not kill your battery.
If you are looking for a good PDF or EPUB reader, stop here, you have found it. EBook Reader is a highly customizable document viewer. It's optimized for Android devices.
EBook Reader supports the following ebook and document formats:
DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbr and cbz), plus - starting with version 2.0 - EPUB and RTF.
- Bookshelf view
- Recent Books
- Book search results
- File Browser,File navigation
- Search text in book
- Night Mode
- Auto fit your page view
- Links History, back to page
- Search all books (PDF, DjVu) on device
- Scroll pages by finger tap on screen
- Full screen mode
- Light theme and black theme
- Set screen orientation: Portrait, Landscape, Automatic
- Bookmarks on page
- Cut white document borders
- Fixate pages by width, page will not move from right to left
- Book and Page Thumbnails
- Configurable search directories
EBook Reader allows you to customize the way you read on a per book basis: each document's layout can be tailored to give you the best reading experience and all settings will be remembered the next time you will open it.
Whatever your document, be it a two-faced xerox, a book with wide asymmetric margins or a multi-column article, EBook Reader provides you with features to split pages, automatically or manually crop margins and instantly zoom to a column's content.
EBook Reader uses MIME types to handle different file types. Unfortunately, Android's and many other file managers might not support all MIME types. When this happens, you will not be able to open said files directly from the file manager. Some file managers allow you to add new MIME types and associate them with the corresponding file extensions. Refer to your file manager manual to get further instructions on how to do that.
This app is base on the Old versions (up to 1.6.x) EbookDroid code, and licensed under the under the GPLv3+.
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
Source Code: https://github.com/FunPanda08/EBook-Reader-for-android
Reading can make people a broader perspective . Reading is our essential part of everyday life .
This application can fully satisfy your needs , come to download it, will not let you down.
*** Main Features ***
- Support for most popular e-book format, automatic scanning books and added to the library .
For example : DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbz), EPUB and RTF.
- Have 3 beautiful bookshelf view
Use bookshelf view to manage the local library, very convenient and beautiful
- Supported OPDS protocol
Collaboration with electronic publication sites and access to online ebook catalogs is allowed by the supported OPDS protocol.
- Supports night-time reading.
By setting background and font colors to protect your glasses
- The powerful Full-text search function
Allows you to quickly navigate to the key statement
- Support the outline view , easy to understand the structure of the book
- Customizable page view
Three page view options : scroll up and down , horizontal scrolling , a single page
- Flip action can be set
You can click on the screen, or slide the screen to turn the page, you can also use the volume keys to turn pages
- You can choose a variety of flip effect
Support curl animation (analog Book flip effect), slide animation, shift animation, and you can set the speed of the page
- Convenient electronic bookmarks
- You can set the screen orientation
Facilitate the reading habits of different screen orientation
- Quick navigation to read the page
You can flip to any page you want to see
- Fully-customizable reading experience
Adjust font size, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference.
- Custom binding function keys
For example : The volume keys to turn pages
- You can set reading interface touch action
For example : Click the lower left corner of the area to add bookmarks
There are many features require you discover in the course .
This app is base on document-viewer code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Document-viewer code: https://github.com/dschuermann/document-viewer
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
- support of the main reading formats: fb2, epub, doc, rtf, txt, html, mobi, pdf, djvu, xps, cbz, Docx (supported by Android 4.0, and higher), odt (Android 3.0, and higher), cbr (Android 2.3 and higher), zip and rar with text formats inside;
- read and listen to your favorite books in one application due to the opportunity of audio book playback in MP3 format;
- an ability to read aloud TTS (text to speech), may be will be needed an installing of additional plug-in;
- creation of the bookmarks with an opportunity to share them via SMS, Bluetooth, social networks etc.;
- multiple interface settings, including 4 themes: «marble wall», «light wood», «mahogany» and «Material Design»;
- individually adjustable tap-zones;
- synchronization by means of the Dropbox cloud storage and the Dropbox online catalogue are available;
- widget for the desktop that reflects the recently opened books;
- Receive maximum information about the process of your reading through statistics;
- “Day/Night” reading mode that can change automatically in a specified time;
- translation of the highlighted text fragments by means of a built-in translator and additional dictionaries that will essentially lighten the process of reading ebooks in foreign languages;
- adjustable animated page turning (usual shift or 3D animation as if in a real book);
- addition of any TTF/OTF fonts (place them to the folder Fonts, /sdcard/Fonts, then simply choose the font needed in the settings);
- built-in search system that will help you to find a certain text fragment in the book as quickly as possible;
- interface in 5 languages: Russian, Ukrainian, English, German, and French;
- setting notifications of the prolonged reading;
- opportunity to use OPDS libraries;
- possibility to add your own wallpapers for reading (place files with wallpapers into /sdacrd/Wallpapers);
- built-in file browser that will quickly open a text document from the phone memory or SD-card;
- convenient book sorting by different categories;
- the ability to turn the sound of pages turning in the settings section "Other";
- in settings section "General" you can set the "lock screen", by which, through a user-defined time, the device goes into standby mode, saving battery power in case you accidentally leave the app open;
- correct reflection of visual content with a possibility to enlarge images up to the necessary sizes.
- opportunity to remove ads after buying the FullReader+ AdLocker app. The instruction of how to block ads is present in the section "Info" of the application FullReader+ .
Thus Full Reader is the app that is essential and helpful for ebook representation, it is also an excellent djvu and pdf reader for android and, moreover, it will be very much appreciated by comics admirers.
FullReader+ - is a free reader for Android with open source code.
The smartphone is next to the PC keyboard and serves as a specially tailored keypad for CorelDraw or PhotoPaint.
(This app is used as an accessibility tool for speeding up work while Corel is running on the computer)
With just one touch functions can be performed that otherwise would require tedious keystrokes:
There are two selectable layouts that supports CorelDraw (X5 and X6) and CorelPhotoPaint.
The connection to your computer is done via WLAN/WiFi.
In order to use the app, a corresponding receive program has to be installed on your computer. On your PC, go to: www.dirtyhand.me to the page “download”.
✔ Reads ebooks in the EPUB format without DRM
✔ Uses the proven reading engine of the Firefox Add-on EPUBReader (500,000 daily users)
✔ Opens the ebooks in memory at the location where they are stored, no extra space is required
✔ Only right required is reading the SD card
✔ Auto bookmarking
✔ No in-app advertising
** If you experience any problems, please contact me via my support mail address shown below. Thanks! **
Keywords: ebook, ebook reader, epub
epub, rtf, fb2(.zip), mobi, and plain text file.
- Includes a browser/downloader for network e-book catalogs/stores.
- Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included.
- Custom OPDS catalogs are supported.
- Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
- Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts.
- Text highlighting
- Book marks
- Day/Night read mode
- Search text
- Screen orientation control
- Zoom in and Zoom out
- Reading page Navigate
- Text settings
- Colors and wallpapers settings
- Dictionary settings
- eBooks search
Includes hyphenation patterns for 16 languages.
This app is base on FBReader code, and the third-party content includes in-app purchase.
This app is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
FBReader code: http://www.fbreader.org/FBReaderJ
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
Download thousands of free and paid ebooks, highlight excerpts, take notes in your books and contracts, organize your books, add your favorite catalogs in your "Bookstores" area and much more!
This ebook reader has many possibilities:
- an integrated reading tool that will surprise you with its smoothness and functional richness
- an advanced library to organize and index your ebooks
- a huge selection of bookstores can be set: one click access to thousands of books
- possibility to sync your library across all your devices and to share ebooks / notes through the paid service Mantano Cloud
• Support of the most common ebook formats (EPUB2, PDF)
• Support of Adobe DRM, allowing to read ebooks protected against hacking
• Integrated OPDS browser, with the option to add your own URL addresses to customize your bookstore area
• Compatible with Mantano Cloud service
• Customize the display of EPUB books thanks to predefined themes.
• Advanced support of PDF books: Fast vertical and horizontal scroll, Pan & Zoom, optimized display speed
• Search function in the book content
• Many ways to annotate your ebook: highlighting, adding text notes to a page or to an highlight
• Pinable navigation panel for a quick access to the table of content, bookmarks, highlights and notes
• Night mode
Organizing your library
• Index your books by tags and rating
• Group your books into your personal collections
• Book filtering functions by tags, collections, authors...
• Several display modes: detailed list and thumbnails
More features with Mantano Cloud (requiring a separate paid subscription on http://cloud.mantano.com):
• Sync your library between your devices: Switch between your phone and tablet and always find your books, annotations, notes, reading positions, collections, tags, ratings, bookmarks, discussions, contacts along with you, in their most recent state.
• Shared reading : Transform your books and documents into digital reading circles by sharing annotations and learn from each others' experience. Share your ebooks with your friends, learn from their notes, discuss with them.
More detailed description with editions comparison available here: http://store.mantano.com/reader/editions_comparison.htm
Other ebook reader apps:
- Supporting Adobe DRM: Aldiko, Kobo, Bluefire
- Not Supporting Adobe DRM: Moon + Reader, RepliGo, Laputa, Cool Reader, ezPDF, Adobe Reader, FBReader.
Tags: book, ebook, book reader, ebook reader, epub reader, pdf reader, ebook speech, dictionary, lexicon, library, bookstore, opds, tts, epub, pdf, ebook annotate.
• Access familiar tools, including: Paint, Eyedropper, Paint Bucket, Eraser and Crop
• Transform your work, with the ability to Scale, Rotate, Flip, Skew, Apply Perspective or Distort
• Take advantage of Horizontal, Vertical and Kaleidoscope symmetry
• Work with up to 15* layers
• Import photos from a gallery, camera or Google Images search
• Save as JPEG and send documents to Corel Painter on the desktop (Upgrade to Full and also save to PNG or PSD)
• Work quickly using two finger canvas rotation
• Map functions to hardware keys or common gestures (long press and double-tap)
• Use your finger to blend, navigate the canvas or select a color while you paint with your stylus
• Use brush sets designed for artists
• Work with a resolution of 1024 x 1024 or upgrade to Pro for 2048 x 2048 high definition*
• Use real-world art tools, including: Pencils, Chalks, Charcoals, Pens, Markers, Calligraphy, Paintbrushes and Watercolors
• Create unique effects with built-in Sprayers and Blenders
• Choose from 16 brushes or upgrade to Full and get 70+ Natural-Media® brushes
• Create and organize brush sets
• Fine-tune control with a multitude of brush settings
• Jitter nearly every attribute from brush size to brush color
• Blend and mix colors naturally with the Blender Brushes
• Experience life-like painting with pressure-sensitivity and stylus support
• Work with a non-obtrusive interface for optimal drawing space
• Optimized for the Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid and other stylus devices
*Not available on some devices
Thanks to Ivan McKinnon, Terri Cooper, Manuel Mendoza Reyes, Jeffrey Hebert, Emmanel Charon, Sathish B.R., Regina W, massimo, and Tiriasu for permitting us to use their amazing artwork.