* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
Knitting Buddy isn't your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
MULTIPLE PROJECT SUPPORT: No limit to the number of knitting or crochet projects that you can track. Each project has individualized settings.
ROW COUNTER: Track the current row of your knitting or crochet project. The row numbers are displayed nice and big on the main page. Increase (or decrease) the row number by pushing on an actual "button" on a knit background.
REPEAT COUNTER: Track the current repeat row, and optionally link the repeat counter to the row counter. You can specify the number of repeat rows on the project settings page.
DISPLAY PATTERN: Take a screen shot of your knitting pattern and display it on the main project page. This feature is super handy as it eliminates the need to switch between applications or to carry a paper copy of your pattern.
NEEDLE TRACKER / LOG: Track all of your knitting needles. The log displays US, metric, and UK sizes, and allows you to track needle length, material, type, and whether or not the needle is in use.
PROJECT TIMER: Ever wonder how long it actually takes to complete a knitting or crochet project? Use the project timer to track the time it takes to complete each project. Each project has an individual timer that must be manually started/stopped.
RULER: Tired of carrying a separate ruler for to check your tension? Use the ruler feature to make sure that your tension is just right.
NOTES PAGE: Track all of the project's notes, such as yarn, yarn weight, needles, gauge, and other notes. Please email the developer if you have additional items that you would like to track!
GLOBAL and PROJECT SETTINGS: Completely customize your Knitting Buddy experience. The screen can be tailored to according to your preferences, such as showing or hiding features such as repeat rows, knitting pattern, project timer, and project progress.
TRACK PROGRESS: Set the total number of rows for your knitting project, and Knitting Buddy will track your percent complete.
ADD IMAGES / PHOTOGRAPHS: Take pictures of your project at various phases to remember what the project looked like at various stages. Add notes about each image and view the images directly from the app. You can also add screenshots of your patterns that can be viewed from the project page.
FLASHLIGHT: Turn your devices camera into a flashlight to help find difficult stitches.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION: Remove all of the ads from the application and allows you to change the style of your project theme.
CHANGE PROJECT THEME: Change between the standard buttons and more colorful flowers, hearts, and shamrocks.
KNITTING NEEDLE AND CROCHET HOOK SIZE CHARTS: Convert needle sizes between metric, U.S. sizes, and U.K. sizes and crochet hooks between metric, numeric, and letter.
ABBREVIATIONS: Look up abbreviations commonly used in knitting and crochet patterns.
YARN CHARTS: Helpful data to convert different sizes of yarn.
SOCK CHARTS: Common foot sixes for men, women, and children!
Knitting Buddy is now on Ravelry - become one of Knitting Buddy's Buddies at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-buddys-buddies
English to Dutch Translator: Lara van der Zee
Free/Lite version is ad based, the full version can be purchased by clicking on the top/right menu, and then "purchase" -- the full version does not have any ads.
In particular, it allows you to do the following:
* Viewing and updating projects, including upload of photos
* Using unlimited row counters per project
* Viewing your queue, and starting a project or deleting a queue item
* Viewing your needles and hooks
* Viewing your favorite projects and patterns (from a project/pattern details page, you can mark new ones as favorites)
* Accessing patterns and queueing them or starting new photos based on a pattern incl. thumbnail creation
* Accessing projects, queue, favorites, etc. from a friends details page
* Accessing all your ravelry friends
* Accessing your library of patterns
* Accessing friends updates
* Allowing to search for yarns, patterns or other people's projects
* Accessing your stash incl. upload of pictures, and stashing right from a yarn page
* Accessing your subscribed ravelry forums and writing forum posts
* Accessing your personal messages and replying to messages
* Browsing local yarn stores, or from a different location
* Access hot right now patterns right from your home screen using one of the widget (small, medium, large)
Discussion Forum: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/stash2go/2948784/
• 10 different knitting stitch patterns
• All stitch info in the app is available offline - not just links to external sites!
• no ads, no popups
If you enjoy this app, download the full version, with over 70 different stitch patterns, in your kindle app store at
Brought to you by Tara Cousins, fellow lover of all things yarn, published pattern designer, and ebook author.
* Find local yarn stores using Ravelry's local yarn store database.
* View your queued projects, including yarn requirements
* View and edit portions of your knitting and crocheting in progress
* Check your needle collection
Join the Ballero group on Ravelry to give feedback.
This application features:
- Voice Control
- Set maximum number for rows and repetitions
- Keep track of the needles or Hooks used
- Save notes about a project
- Save several counters for different projects
- Increase or Decrease counter by using touch
- A progress bar keeping track and showing your work
- Increase Row Counter: 'Add', 'Row', 'Plus'
- Decrease Row Counter: 'Less', 'Subtract', 'Minus', 'Delete'
- Exit Voice Commands: 'Exit', 'Stop'
In the near future:
- Take and store pictures to keep progress of your work.
- Integration with knitting patterns database.
Want a new feature added to the application?
Just send me an email and I will gladly look into it.
This is my beta release, there are quite a few features on the roadmap. Feel free to send me any feedback or requests you don't want to leave here:
via the ravelry group - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dirty-needles
vie email - firstname.lastname@example.org
or message me on ravelry - nebulaespiral.
Keep calm and cast on!
Pattrick combines a flexible and powerful free-text super search that gets you right to what you're looking for, with a mobile-optimised power search that gives you access to all the filters you need to get really specific.
Whether you're looking to make a treat for yourself, a great gift for your niece, or trying to justify buying that gorgeous skein of yarn... Pattrick will find the perfect pattern!
Ask Pattrick by typing freely, like:
- "Drawstring bag using chunky yarn"
- "Ankle socks for 7 year old girl"
- "400m of double knit cotton"
You can even use dictation input to speak naturally and ask:
- "I want to make an aran v-neck sweater for my son"
- "Show me some owl teapot cozies"
- "What can I make with 200m of chunky yarn?"
Refine any search using the full power of Ravelry's filters, with an easy-to-use interface designed specially for mobile devices.
Free App To Watch And Listen To Home How to Make Crochet Tutorials Ideas
1) Marshmallow Crochet Baby Blanket
2) Beginner How to Crochet - Lesson 1 - Chain, Double Crochet and Holding Yarn (dc)
3) How to Crochet: Lesson 2 - Single Crochet (sc)
4) How to Crochet: Lesson 3 - Half Double Crochet (hdc)
5) How to Crochet: Lesson 4 - Double Crochet (dc)
6) How to Crochet: Lesson 5 - Triple Crochet (tr or tc)
7) How To Crochet: Lesson 6 - How To Control Tension
8) How To Crochet Granny Squares - Circle Centers
9) How To Crochet Baby Pitter Patter Afghan - granny square blanket
10) Crochet Doily Pillow Project: Part 1 of 3
11) Crochet Doily Pillow Project: Part 2 of 3
12) Crochet Doily Pillow Project: Part 3 of 3
13) How to Crochet Flowers - Easy & Bold Flowers "Bee Happy"
14) How to Arm Crochet Cowl - Red Heart Boutique Dash easy
15) Easy Rope Scarf with Sashay ruffle yarn (with CC - closed captions)
16) Yarn - Make 3 strands from 1 ball Navajo technique (CC)
17) Fast Way to Finish yarn tails Weaving ends with Latch hook
18) How to Connect Granny Rounds by Single Crochet
19) Crochet: Hair Accessories - Funky Fur Rubberband
20) How to Crochet: Hair Accessories - Headband EASY
21) Wet Blocking | Methods to Wet Block
22) GoodKnitKisses and The Crochet Crowd mikeyssmail Mikey: Match Made in YARN HEAVEN
23) Loom Knit cast off a twisted knit or single rib stitch | Crochet bind off
24) Pattern Reading 301 | Crochet | I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting (Closed Captions CC)
25) Pattern Reading 301 | Crochet LEFTY | I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting (Closed Captions CC)
The great folks at Ravelry offer access to their data to anyone willing to build an app and so, while my lovely wife is knitting the next shawl or hat, I go on and knit her an app for that. In the current version you can see your projects and update the progress as well as upload photos. Also your stashes and the list of favorited projects and patterns can be accessed from the app.
This is just the beginning, I hope to add a lot more in the future. If you like what you see and would like to see more, don't hesitate to shoot me an email with your wishes what to add to the app next.
Have fun with your needles and yarrn!
P.S. Yarrn! is OpenSource available at https://github.com/KoljaTM/Yarrn
It can be woven or knitted sweater slippers.
You may find yourself knitting scheme, knitting description, knitting for children, knitting patterns,
knitting for beginners openwork crochet, knitting children's and much more.
You can absolutely free download this app!
Download editions such as; Row@n monthly eNewsletter, free patterns, paid patterns and digital versions of our acclaimed knitting & crochet magazine.
The stockists area will tell you where the nearest Rowan Yarns store is, using GPS on your device. There is also a list of online retailers.
Zoom in to patterns and charts for extra detail, whilst taking your entire Rowan pattern collection with you on the go.
Register to receive our eNewsletter, and link with us on Social Media.
Discover Rowan online – www.knitrowan.com
Ravulous Hot Right Now is a widget that you can add to the home screen of your Android device. Jelly Bean users can also add it to the lock screen. It shows you a list of the top 5, 10 or 20 most recently popular patterns in Ravelry, sorted by 'hot right now'. You can choose to show knitting, crochet, or knitting and crochet patterns. Once the widget is on your home screen it will update the pattern list automatically, and you can flip through the pattern photos at your leisure. Never again will you be the last to hear about a hot new pattern launch, or miss out on a pattern bargain offer!
If you also have Ravulous v2.0.3+ installed, you can tap on the individual pattern images to see the pattern details screen in Ravulous. Then you can easily look at all the photos for that pattern, full screen them, and check out yarn requirements and pattern notes. You can also purchase or download the pattern, or add it to your Ravelry queue for later.
- This is a widget, not an app. To use it, look under the 'Widgets' section of your app launcher, and drag Ravulous Hot Right Now to a vacant space on your device home screen.
- Ravulous Hot Right Now is not a Ravelry product. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting and looking at pictures of knitting.
* Cable patterns
* Children's sweaters
* other do-it-yourself projects (DIY) such as totes, curtains, etc.
* washing instructions for all yarns
★ About the Author ★
An ardent knitter and crocheter, Mary Beth Klatt travels with knitting needles, crochet hooks in her purse, and downloaded pattern instructions on her iPhone. That's not all! She also sew hers own garments. She previously taught sewing at Vogue Fabrics, the Midwest's favored destination for fabrics; fashion business at Columbia College in Chicago. She's also the author of Chicago's Fashion History, 1865-1945 (Arcadia Publishing) and Fabric U, an on-the-go guide to fabric.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
- Gauge Conversion: Interested in using a different yarn than the pattern calls for? Re-write basic patterns based on YOUR gauge.
- Scarf / Blanket: Design your own scarves, shawls and blankets based on your gauge.
- Button Bands: Your pattern calls for 6 buttons, but you prefer 8. Accurately space buttons with no math.
- Magic Formula: Shorten or lengthen any shaped area of our knitting. Perfect for adjusting sleeve length
- Band Pick Up: If you’ve adjusted the length of your cardigan, calculate how many stitches to pick up for your front bands.
- Dart Formula: Add darts to your sweaters for perfect fit.
- Gather Formula: Increase or decrease stitches evenly across a row.
- Slope Tool: Shape shoulders for better fit.
* Pattern images and short descriptions
* List of techniques you will learn in the pattern
* Yarn and needle requirements
* A link to Lucy Neatby's website