* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
This is my beta release, there are quite a few features on the roadmap. Feel free to send me any feedback or requests you don't want to leave here:
via the ravelry group - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dirty-needles
vie email - firstname.lastname@example.org
or message me on ravelry - nebulaespiral.
Keep calm and cast on!
Pattrick combines a flexible and powerful free-text super search that gets you right to what you're looking for, with a mobile-optimised power search that gives you access to all the filters you need to get really specific.
Whether you're looking to make a treat for yourself, a great gift for your niece, or trying to justify buying that gorgeous skein of yarn... Pattrick will find the perfect pattern!
Ask Pattrick by typing freely, like:
- "Drawstring bag using chunky yarn"
- "Ankle socks for 7 year old girl"
- "400m of double knit cotton"
You can even use dictation input to speak naturally and ask:
- "I want to make an aran v-neck sweater for my son"
- "Show me some owl teapot cozies"
- "What can I make with 200m of chunky yarn?"
Refine any search using the full power of Ravelry's filters, with an easy-to-use interface designed specially for mobile devices.
Ravulous Hot Right Now is a widget that you can add to the home screen of your Android device. Jelly Bean users can also add it to the lock screen. It shows you a list of the top 5, 10 or 20 most recently popular patterns in Ravelry, sorted by 'hot right now'. You can choose to show knitting, crochet, or knitting and crochet patterns. Once the widget is on your home screen it will update the pattern list automatically, and you can flip through the pattern photos at your leisure. Never again will you be the last to hear about a hot new pattern launch, or miss out on a pattern bargain offer!
If you also have Ravulous v2.0.3+ installed, you can tap on the individual pattern images to see the pattern details screen in Ravulous. Then you can easily look at all the photos for that pattern, full screen them, and check out yarn requirements and pattern notes. You can also purchase or download the pattern, or add it to your Ravelry queue for later.
- This is a widget, not an app. To use it, look under the 'Widgets' section of your app launcher, and drag Ravulous Hot Right Now to a vacant space on your device home screen.
- Ravulous Hot Right Now is not a Ravelry product. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting and looking at pictures of knitting.
+++ If you have questions/issues: email@example.com +++
Free/Lite version is ad based, the full version can be purchased by clicking on the top/right menu, and then "purchase" -- the full version does not have any ads.
In particular, it allows you to do the following:
* Viewing and updating projects, including upload of photos
* Using unlimited row counters per project
* Viewing your queue, and starting a project or deleting a queue item
* Viewing your needles and hooks
* Viewing your favorite projects and patterns (from a project/pattern details page, you can mark new ones as favorites)
* Accessing patterns and queueing them or starting new photos based on a pattern incl. thumbnail creation
* Accessing projects, queue, favorites, etc. from a friends details page
* Accessing all your ravelry friends
* Accessing your library of patterns
* Accessing friends updates
* Allowing to search for yarns, patterns or other people's projects
* Accessing your stash incl. upload of pictures, and stashing right from a yarn page
* Accessing your subscribed ravelry forums and writing forum posts
* Accessing your personal messages and replying to messages
* Browsing local yarn stores, or from a different location
* Access hot right now patterns right from your home screen using one of the widget (small, medium, large)
Note: this is a work in progress, although it progressed quite fast the last weeks. If you'd like to have something changed, please go to the stash2go discussion forum and post it there: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/stash2go/2948784/
**** Please also note that there might be a good reason why a particular functionality is missing, so please really contact me if you miss something. ****
Circular Knitting Tutorials
How to Join Yarn Circular Knitting
What Is Circular Knitting
Circular Needles vs Double Pointed
How to Pick the Right Size Needles
Circular Knitting Basics
How to Cast On for Circular Knitting
How to Work with Double Pointed Needles
Circular Needle Using Traditional Method
Long Circular Needle Magic Loop Method
How to Work with 2 Circular Needles
How to Do a Garter Stitch in the Round
Stockinette Stitch in the Round
Reverse Stockinette Stitch in the Round
How to Do a 1x1 Ribbing in the Round
How to Do a 2x2 Ribbing in the Round
How to Bind Off in the Round
How to Read Knitting Charts in Round
How to Add a Color Circular Knitting
How to Create False Seams
How to Avoid Jogs Circular Knitting
How to Avoid Jogs When Changing Colors
Distribute Stitches on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round on Circular Needle
How to Join the Round on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round Using Magic Loop
Join the Round Using 2 Circular Needles
How to Knit in the Round Left Handed
How to Decrease on Circular Needles
How to Increase on Circular Needles
Keeping Track of Beginning of the Round
How to Count Rows
How to Fix a Twist
How to Fix Stitches That Are Too Tight
How to Knit a Circular Gauge Swatch
How to Prevent a Twisted Cast On
How to Fix Mistakes
How to Prevent Ladders
Prevent Fix Inside Out Circular Knitting
How to Do Large Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Do Small Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Knit Jogless Stripes in the Round
Easy Beginner Patterns
Knitting Buddy isn't your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
MULTIPLE PROJECT SUPPORT: No limit to the number of knitting or crochet projects that you can track. Each project has individualized settings.
ROW COUNTER: Track the current row of your knitting or crochet project. The row numbers are displayed nice and big on the main page. Increase (or decrease) the row number by pushing on an actual "button" on a knit background.
REPEAT COUNTER: Track the current repeat row, and optionally link the repeat counter to the row counter. You can specify the number of repeat rows on the project settings page.
DISPLAY PATTERN: Take a screen shot of your knitting pattern and display it on the main project page. This feature is super handy as it eliminates the need to switch between applications or to carry a paper copy of your pattern.
NEEDLE TRACKER / LOG: Track all of your knitting needles. The log displays US, metric, and UK sizes, and allows you to track needle length, material, type, and whether or not the needle is in use.
PROJECT TIMER: Ever wonder how long it actually takes to complete a knitting or crochet project? Use the project timer to track the time it takes to complete each project. Each project has an individual timer that must be manually started/stopped.
RULER: Tired of carrying a separate ruler for to check your tension? Use the ruler feature to make sure that your tension is just right.
NOTES PAGE: Track all of the project's notes, such as yarn, yarn weight, needles, gauge, and other notes. Please email the developer if you have additional items that you would like to track!
GLOBAL and PROJECT SETTINGS: Completely customize your Knitting Buddy experience. The screen can be tailored to according to your preferences, such as showing or hiding features such as repeat rows, knitting pattern, project timer, and project progress.
TRACK PROGRESS: Set the total number of rows for your knitting project, and Knitting Buddy will track your percent complete.
ADD IMAGES / PHOTOGRAPHS: Take pictures of your project at various phases to remember what the project looked like at various stages. Add notes about each image and view the images directly from the app. You can also add screenshots of your patterns that can be viewed from the project page.
FLASHLIGHT: Turn your devices camera into a flashlight to help find difficult stitches.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION: Remove all of the ads from the application and allows you to change the style of your project theme.
CHANGE PROJECT THEME: Change between the standard buttons and more colorful flowers, hearts, and shamrocks.
KNITTING NEEDLE AND CROCHET HOOK SIZE CHARTS: Convert needle sizes between metric, U.S. sizes, and U.K. sizes and crochet hooks between metric, numeric, and letter.
ABBREVIATIONS: Look up abbreviations commonly used in knitting and crochet patterns.
YARN CHARTS: Helpful data to convert different sizes of yarn.
SOCK CHARTS: Common foot sixes for men, women, and children!
Knitting Buddy is now on Ravelry - become one of Knitting Buddy's Buddies at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-buddys-buddies
English to Dutch Translator: Lara van der Zee
• 10 different knitting stitch patterns
• All stitch info in the app is available offline - not just links to external sites!
• no ads, no popups
If you enjoy this app, download the full version, with over 70 different stitch patterns, in your kindle app store at
Brought to you by Tara Cousins, fellow lover of all things yarn, published pattern designer, and ebook author.
* Find local yarn stores using Ravelry's local yarn store database.
* View your queued projects, including yarn requirements
* View and edit portions of your knitting and crocheting in progress
* Check your needle collection
Join the Ballero group on Ravelry to give feedback.
For certain styles, such as tailored and close-fitting styles, a set-in sleeve is the most appropriate sleeve to use.
By entering some basic data, this simple app does the hard work for you by calculating stitches to cast on, shaping required and finished length.
knitting instructions are created that can be shared / printed or saved to a PDF document.
-Access a worldwide database of over 200,000 playgrounds
-Search for playgrounds near you, across town, across your country and across the world!
-Easily get directions to the playground of your choice
-See a street view of playgrounds before you visit (where available)
-Share playground details and location with others, even to those without the app
-Create and save a playground favourite list
-Add new playgrounds for the benefit of others
Includes 31 brands and 19k+ codes that you can list by manufacturer and code and view alternatives.
Maintain and view your own stock levels as well as adding threads to shopping lists which can be shared.
With the colour swatch viewer you are able to match threads easily or scroll through to choose similar shades or add your own thread photos.
Use you devices camera to bar code scan your thread to locate in database.
Note: There is a paid version of this app that features: No Ads, the facility to Add, Amend and Delete your own threads, Adjust swatch colors and Add your own custom Brands.
Free App To Watch And Listen To Home How to Make Beginner Loom Knitting Tutorials Ideas
1) How to Loom Knit a Hat - Beginner (baby beanie)
2) Loom Knit - Baby Cocoon loom along
3) Loom Knit: Looms, Tools & Basic info Part 1 of 2 with CC
4) Loom Knit: Looms, Yarn & Basic info Part 2 of 2 with CC
5) Yarn Class 101 Yarn Lingo & estimate yardage
6) How to Loom Knit: Beginner E wrap (ew) Stitch now with CC
7) How to Loom Knit: Purl (p) Stitch
8) Loom Knit vs Needle Knit Talk (knit, u, flat, ewrap) REFERENCE
9) Loom Knitting: How to Basic Bind Off
10) Loom Knit Stitch Patterns: Garter (k & p)
11) Loom Knit Hat Brim that doesn't roll in Garter Stitch
12) Loom Knit: Ribbing - Roll Free Edge for hat or blanket
13) Loom Knit Basics: Weave in extra yarn tail
14) Loom Knit Finish off Beginning Loose End of Panel
15) Finish and Weave in drawstring of hat
16) How to Drawstring Cast on a round loom Loom Knit
17) Loom Along: Soap Mesh Bag with Drawstring
18) Loom Knit: i Cord on a Spool Loom
19) Loom Knitting: Figure 8, Fishnet or Diamond Lace Stitch
20) Crafts: How to Make an easy PomPom
21) Loom Knit: Granny Round
22) Loom Knit: Stretchy Bind Off no crochet or needle
23) Easy Loom Knit Mesh Bag
24) Kids Korner: How to Finger Knit (CC now with Closed Captions)
25) Loom Knit: Seed Stitch
26) Loom Knit: Picot Edge Bind off or Cast off Martha Stewart Loom
27) Stretchy Bind Off or Cast off loom knitting NO SEW
28) Loom Knitting: Increase Figure 8 Stitch
29) Loom Knitting: Decrease Figure 8 Stitch
30) Loom Along: How to Loom Knit a Lacy Infinity Scarf on Martha Stewart Loom
31) Stitch or Sew: Loom Knit Panels Together Invisible Seam for Blanket or scarf
32) Cowl Loom Along: Ridged Cowl by Lion Brand Yarns on Martha Stewart Loom
33) Formulas Ear flaps, Visor Brims & Decreased crowns on knitting loom
34) How to Loom Knit: Visor for Newsboy Hat 48 peg loom
35) Loom Knit: P2tog or Purl 2 Together and YO or Yarn Over
36) Loom Knit: Triangle for Shawl or accent
37) Loom Knit: Earflaps Part 1 Start Earflaps
38) Loom Knit: Earflaps Part 2 Join Earflaps to hat
39) Loom Knit: Easy Bobble or Popcorn Stitch
40) Loom Knit: Kitchener Stitch or invisible stitch (socks, panel, headband)
41) Infant Hat Loom Decrease Crown 24 Peg Round Loom
42) Youth Hat Loom Decrease Crown 30 or 31 Peg Round Loom or Child beanie
43) Adult Hat Loom Decrease Crown 36 Peg Round Loom with CC
44) PART 1 Decrease Crown 48 Peg Round Purple Knifty Knitter loom sm gauge Adult
45) PART 2 Transfer 48 peg Decrease Crown to 24 peg Round Knifty Knitter Loom
46) Loom Knit - Baby Cocoon loom along
47) Loom Knit: How to Change Colors
48) Loom Knit: Easy Chain Cast On with crochet hook was crochet cast on by error
With 5 brands to choose from (and growing) you can list threads by manufacturer and code and view alternatives.
Maintain and view your own stock levels as well as adding wools to shopping lists which can be shared.
With the colour swatch viewer you are able to match wools easily or scroll through to choose similar shades.
Easy to use, a 'must have' for any tapestry / needlepoint enthusiast.
* Pattern images and short descriptions
* List of techniques you will learn in the pattern
* Yarn and needle requirements
* A link to Lucy Neatby's website